ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 on Irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Blessings123
Pakistan

Stamp 4 on Irish spouse

Post by Blessings123 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:06 pm

Dear group member

I am a recently naturalised Irish citizen. Previously my wife and I had stamp 4 on basis of Irish born child. My wife still is on that stamp 4. We have appointment for extension of her IRP. I want to apply for her IRP on basis of my Irish citizenship. My questions are
1- what documents would we need for that
2- do they still ask for 300 euro fee if the IRP is applied on the basis of marriage to an Irish national
Regards

iceice304
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 on Irish spouse

Post by iceice304 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 am

I have almost same scenario. You don’t need to pay for her GNIB renewal as you are Irish national. They will need original utility bill on her name(as proof of her address), original expired GNIB/IRP Card, your Irish passport (original), if there is any job/Registration authority involved then its documents (like for doctors it’s the medical council Reg).

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 am

iceice304 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 am
I have almost same scenario. You don’t need to pay for her GNIB renewal as you are Irish national. They will need original utility bill on her name(as proof of her address), original expired GNIB/IRP Card, your Irish passport (original), if there is any job/Registration authority involved then its documents (like for doctors it’s the medical council Reg).
Thanks for the reply. I do not have the Irish passport in hand yet as it is still in process. Would they accept certificate of naturalisation instead as a proof?

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:21 pm

TBH I am not sure will they take or weave the fee on the basis is of your certificate in the absence of Irish Passport.
Rule says spouse of Irish nation does not pay fee for GNIB...I would suggest to take all the correspondence/receiptS if you have already applied for the passport . Best wishes

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm

You don't need an Irish passport to prove that you are an Irish citizen. You just need to prove your entitlement to an Irish passport. In this case, a copy of your naturalisation certificate will suffice.

If you use the online renewal platform, the fee will be automatically waived. If you are going to one of the local Garda stations, you just have to remind them of this.

A list of required documents is also available on the renewal platform:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Online-R ... ide[1].pdf