ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need solicitors OR not?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DublinGirl

police clearence certificate

Post by DublinGirl » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 am

Does anyone know why they asked me for police clearance certificate from home country while the citizenship app is in process ?

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Re: police clearence certificate

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 pm

To determine if you have a criminal record, I imagine?

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: police clearence certificate

Post by Fountainhill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi ...They just full of themselves...My son was also asked....I dont understand why ....He was under 18 when we arrived in the country ...I myself tried to understand why they asked for this .

DublinGirl

Police clearence certificate

Post by DublinGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi guys letter issued by citizenship dept on 17th March they need police certificate and i posted letter requesting more time to provide this certificate due lock down all over the world. They received my letter on 23rd March but they haven't replied me back with my request for more time to provide police certificate yet are they open or close due to COVID 19? Just wondering because they need police certificate in 28 days and 28 days are over on 13th of April 2020.
Anyone knows if staff working in citizenship dept. Thankyou

DublinGirl

Do i need solicitors OR not?

Post by DublinGirl » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Do i need solicitors or not,
Hi, There my wife's citizenship application is in process they asked for police cert in March 2020 we submitted but they never send us acknowledgment by post later we decided to email them to confirm that they have received it or not and in reply by email they said this office has received your original Police certificate please confirm your residential address so we can send you that acknowledgment by post and we did confirmed the address by email in last week of August and what we received at home another letter dated  02/09/20 issued stating that please submit original Police certificate from your country i believe they made a mistake they spouse to issue acknowledgment for current police certificate which we have submitted and current police certificate is still valid till December 2020. I wrote to them and ask  them why they need another police cert and if they really need i will require extra time to submit that but didn't get any response and 28 days will be over on 29/09/2020 because letter was issued by them on 02/09/20. They received my letter on 08/09/20. I hope you understand guys. Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Do i need solicitors OR not?

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:50 pm

No you don't need a solicitor.

No you don't need to send them a police certificate again if you are 100% sure that they have been asking the same thing. However, if you do have the certificate, there's no harm sending it over again.

If you don't have the certificate any more you should write a letter to them and specifically say you require a response on your letter header. Make sure you highlight the following dates:
- When did they first ask you to submit the police certificate
- When did you send it over
- When did they send an acknowledgement that they have received the certificate
- When did they again ask you to send the same document

DublinGirl

Post by DublinGirl » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks for your reply they got the original one already and i posted them the copy of the same just to remind them that it was submitted before. waiting for their response hope they reply soon...

DublinGirl

Post by DublinGirl » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:38 pm

So what will happen if they don't give me any response within the 28 days period which ends 29/09/2020 next week?
Thanks

littlerr wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:50 pm
No you don't need a solicitor.

No you don't need to send them a police certificate again if you are 100% sure that they have been asking the same thing. However, if you do have the certificate, there's no harm sending it over again.

If you don't have the certificate any more you should write a letter to them and specifically say you require a response on your letter header. Make sure you highlight the following dates:
- When did they first ask you to submit the police certificate
- When did you send it over
- When did they send an acknowledgement that they have received the certificate
- When did they again ask you to send the same document

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Nothing will happen. The 28 days requirement is just a way to ensure that you act swiftly. It was never enforced, even without COVID-19.

They have said in the FAQ document that they understand in current situation it is going to take longer for people to get documents from governments. That's understandable.

As long as you have written to them and you have clearly said that you have provided the documents before, and that you have already sent the copy once again, you will be fine.

(Btw with the current workload it is very unlikely that they will respond to you swiftly.)

DublinGirl

Post by DublinGirl » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Thank you for information. Cheers

[q

uote=littlerr post_id=1939429 time=1600786684 user_id=199420]
Nothing will happen. The 28 days requirement is just a way to ensure that you act swiftly. It was never enforced, even without COVID-19.

They have said in the FAQ document that they understand in current situation it is going to take longer for people to get documents from governments. That's understandable.

As long as you have written to them and you have clearly said that you have provided the documents before, and that you have already sent the copy once again, you will be fine.

(Btw with the current workload it is very unlikely that they will respond to you swiftly.)
[/quote]