ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:44 pm

uklondonn wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:19 pm
Its reported that appointments are open! Also many free appointments in croydon lansdowne.
Thank you!

I've just booked an appointment, a little bit expensive (134) but it will be for next week 😁
Great! 😃
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 pm
All applicants 12th - 18th Sep should keep checking their systems. They will be getting access very soon!
Access has been granted for me already (14/09 application date). I've just booked a free appointment on 05/10 in Croydon. (Victoria was showing £440 prices :shock: )

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:48 pm

jotaele wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
All applicants 12th - 18th Sep should keep checking their systems. They will be getting access very soon!
Access has been granted for me already (14/09 application date). I've just booked a free appointment on 05/10 in Croydon. (Victoria was showing £440 prices :shock: )
did you get an email at all? Im a few days after you! Also Cullinan - I have tried all postcodes thanks for the tip!

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:48 pm
jotaele wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
did you get an email at all? Im a few days after you! Also Cullinan - I have tried all postcodes thanks for the tip!
No, no official email. Cullinan advice is always ahead of the email from UKVCAS itself :lol:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:52 pm

:lol:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 pm

do you think the free Lansdowne app will let me upload one document/cover letter or would that be a scanning document feature I have to pay for?

I have already submitted documents once on the UKVCAS website and since then I have uploaded that cover letter but i havent had the chance to submit it because I think you can only submit once :|

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 pm

I have now received the official email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:16 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 pm
do you think the free Lansdowne app will let me upload one document/cover letter or would that be a scanning document feature I have to pay for?

I have already submitted documents once on the UKVCAS website and since then I have uploaded that cover letter but i havent had the chance to submit it because I think you can only submit once :|
You can upload any more documents on your own via UKVCAS website before your appointment. Book a free appointment. They will submit extra docs free of charge.

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Fab!

We all owe you so much thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:19 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:18 pm
Fab!

We all owe you so much thank you!
Welcome ☺️

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Anyone knows how long the whole UKVCAS appointment takes? On a free one with everything already uploaded and submitted beforehand.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:30 pm

jotaele wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm
Anyone knows how long the whole UKVCAS appointment takes? On a free one with everything already uploaded and submitted beforehand.
Depends. If they are running on time then 15-20min. If there is a backlog on the day it can take longer. Keep a margin for 2 hours to be on the safe side.

hazemA
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by hazemA » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm

my website booking system just opened too! great

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 pm

hazemA wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm
amazing! when did you apply?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:38 pm

@finalyilrlr

If you do not get access by tomorrow. DM UKVCAS twitter.

hazemA
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by hazemA » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 pm
hazemA wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm
amazing! when did you apply?
14th

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 pm

yay!! Just booked a free one for Tuesday!

submitted on 16th sep

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:30 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 pm
yay!! Just booked a free one for Tuesday!

submitted on 16th sep
:lol:

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 pm

No free appointments in Manchester!!! :evil:

andakut
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by andakut » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:03 pm

andakut wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 am
Hi all,

Submitted my application on Friday 18/09. On the application form I remember selecting the re-use biometric information when I applied for my ILR in 2018. Anyway today 22/09 I received an email from the UKVI (see below). My question does this mean I will not have to go/book a biometric appointment?

"Dear xxxxx,

Case ID: xxxxxxx

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team"
It is 2345 and appointment booking system is open. Heads up for those who live North of the UK i.e Sunderland, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Unfortunately not many free appointments and just about managed to book a free one in Glasgow for Mon 05/10. Edinburgh has no free appointments at all. If I do get the email to register for the IDV app before my upcoming appointment then great. I will cancel the in-person appointment. Good luck all.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 pm

@andakut
If I do get the email to register for the IDV app before my upcoming appointment then great.
You might already have access to IDV app. Download the app and check if you can sign in. If you are able to sign in you are already chosen for biometrics reuse. If you can not sign in IDV app, you will have to stick with the appointment anyways.

andakut
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by andakut » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 pm
@andakut
If I do get the email to register for the IDV app before my upcoming appointment then great.
You might already have access to IDV app. Download the app and check if you can sign in. If you are able to sign in you are already chosen for biometrics reuse. If you can not sign in IDV app, you will have to stick with the appointment anyways.
@CULLINAN I just downloaded the app and tried signing using my online UKVCAS credentials. All worke fine and in the app now. Looks like the facility is already working without email confirmation as per the service update. I was going to wait for the email. I guess not. :lol: Thank you

andakut
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by andakut » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:57 pm

andakut wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 pm
@andakut
@CULLINAN I just downloaded the app and tried signing using my online UKVCAS credentials. All worke fine and in the app now. Looks like the facility is already working without email confirmation as per the service update. I was going to wait for the email. I guess not. :lol: Followed the steps and submitted everything on the app. I had already uploaded all my required documents using the online document upload and could see these in the app. Thank you and will keep everyone posted. I guess best to cancel appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 am

@andakut

Its totally up to you if you want to keep or cancel the appointment. I do not see any advantage to go for an appointment after IDV for Sep applicants though.

evalenti93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by evalenti93 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 am

Hi All - I've got two questions:

I applied for UK Naturalisation on the 14th of September and have just had an e-mail to set up an appointment with UKVCAS (My ILR document is the old paper style in my old US passport so I can't use the app). So, I'm trying to decide whether it is worth paying for the enhanced service. Do people feel that this is generally worth the £70 investment? There are free appointments available in Birmingham (I'm in Coventry) so I have options...

If I go with the enhanced service, would there be any harm in waiting for the Coventry centre to open up again? It's currenly scheduled for the 14th of October. Otherwise I need to travel to Wolverhampton...

Thank you