ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:57 am

evalenti93 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 am
Hi All - I've got two questions:

I applied for UK Naturalisation on the 14th of September and have just had an e-mail to set up an appointment with UKVCAS (My ILR document is the old paper style in my old US passport so I can't use the app). So, I'm trying to decide whether it is worth paying for the enhanced service. Do people feel that this is generally worth the £70 investment? There are free appointments available in Birmingham (I'm in Coventry) so I have options...

If I go with the enhanced service, would there be any harm in waiting for the Coventry centre to open up again? It's currenly scheduled for the 14th of October. Otherwise I need to travel to Wolverhampton...

Thank you
Best to go for a free appointment in Birmingham. Enhanced or core have no impact on your decision pace. Enhanced is always paid and have few extras included in the price like scanning service. No other difference.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mitra_krishna
India

Post by mitra_krishna » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:14 am

Dear all,

I am sorry if this question is a repeat. I am a newbie, unable to spot how to post new, using the same subject heading, so using the reply button. My apologies if this is not the right method.

I have uploaded all documents in the UKVCAS/ Sopra Steria website for ILR (10 yrs). I was unable to get any appointment any of the locations where they have office, could not get them on phone (expensive and one is on hold for more than half an hour) and raised a query, they informed that they have given appointments out only for applications submitted till 10 August.

However, I got the invitation to use the IDV app and am asked to upload all documents. A friend of mine got the invitation in July I think (application submitted in May) and still waiting.

Has anybody in this forum any experience of the speed of IDV app? I am reluctant to register myself as it might delay the application process (based on my friend's experience) and I need to travel. I am preferring appointments, but not sure when I will get an appointment and which will be a faster route.

Looking forward to suggestions /guidance,
Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Mitra

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:20 am

@mitra_krishna

All applicants up to 17th Sep should have access to the booking system/IDV app.

If you are in urgent need of travel, I would urge you to go for an appointment instead.

You can login your UKVCAS account and check for availability.

Please keep your future questions in the ILR forum similar topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... l#p1939823

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Can members PLEASE not turn this topic into a timeline only posting topic!!! This has been asked already and seems to be ignored. Post your timeline only post in the specific timeline only topic we already have!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

evalenti93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by evalenti93 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:57 am
evalenti93 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 am
Hi All - I've got two questions:

I applied for UK Naturalisation on the 14th of September and have just had an e-mail to set up an appointment with UKVCAS (My ILR document is the old paper style in my old US passport so I can't use the app). So, I'm trying to decide whether it is worth paying for the enhanced service. Do people feel that this is generally worth the £70 investment? There are free appointments available in Birmingham (I'm in Coventry) so I have options...

If I go with the enhanced service, would there be any harm in waiting for the Coventry centre to open up again? It's currenly scheduled for the 14th of October. Otherwise I need to travel to Wolverhampton...

Thank you
Best to go for a free appointment in Birmingham. Enhanced or core have no impact on your decision pace. Enhanced is always paid and have few extras included in the price like scanning service. No other difference.
Thanks for the advice. As fate would have it, all of the free appointments have now been booked. Any suggestions for the best times tocheck the site for further appointments?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:23 pm

@evalenti93

Unfortunately there is no particular time to check. You will have to keep checking. Use different postcodes if you are willing to travel. You might be able to find a free appointment or will have to pay otherwise. Note, free appointments are in low availability.

BTW did you check if you are eligible for IDV app? You may consider to submit via IDV app from home if eligible.

okigen68
Vietnam

Post by okigen68 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Have just got the email regarding IDV app this morning (I applied on 13/9). All done and submitted. Thank you @Cullinan for your detailed instructions :)

The process has been smooth so far. The IDV app is definitely the right direction and saved me from having to take half a day off treking to Croydon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:07 pm

okigen68 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:06 pm
Have just got the email regarding IDV app this morning (I applied on 13/9). All done and submitted. Thank you @Cullinan for your detailed instructions :)

The process has been smooth so far. The IDV app is definitely the right direction and saved me from having to take half a day off treking to Croydon.
Good luck. Good decision given you only applied in Sep. IDV seems the right choice.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm

hi, i submitted my naturalization application yesterday. I prefer to go for appointment and not to use the IDV app. in case the ukvcas send me email to reuse my biometric ,do i need to ignore this email and keep checking for appointment or just i do like what i did in ILR when i sent opt out email.Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Fivem wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm
hi, i submitted my naturalization application yesterday. I prefer to go for appointment and not to use the IDV app. in case the ukvcas send me email to reuse my biometric ,do i need to ignore this email and keep checking for appointment or just i do like what i did in ILR when i sent opt out email.Thank you.
Even if you are eligible for IDV, you have both options. You can book an appointment instead if you wish. For now, system is open for only applicants who applied up to 17th Sep. You will not be able to book atm. Keep an eye on UKVCAS flash message and this topic for recent developments. No requirement to opt out.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Fivem wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm
Even if you are eligible for IDV, you have both options. You can book an appointment instead if you wish. For now, system is open for only applicants who applied up to 17th Sep. You will not be able to book atm. Keep an eye on UKVCAS flash message and this topic for recent developments. No requirement to opt out.
Thank you Cullinan

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:56 pm

I have news! Not sure if you saw my previous post, did the initial IDV app submission on 27/08.
Attended my in-person biometric today 23/09 10:15am and then got my approval email today at 1pm. That's 2.5hrs roughly. Not sure if my in-person appt pushed mine or it was already being considered.

here's my full timeline: british-citizenship/may-2020-naturalisa ... l#p1940021

I wonder how long before we receive the ceremony invitation by post?

@cullinan best of luck on Friday! Fingers crossed and to everyone else that's waiting. Hope the above info help in anyway.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Great! Happy for you @Jenov. Congratulations 🥳
Thanks. Fingers crossed for Friday!!

Ceremony post can take 12 weeks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by hkay1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi all

Im having issues with ID&V app, it successfully captures my picture and live check but then it keeps giving an error - Request failed. any one else having had similar issues? how to fix?
Are you using the phone that supports the app??

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:32 pm

jenov wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:56 pm
I have news! Not sure if you saw my previous post, did the initial IDV app submission on 27/08.
Attended my in-person biometric today 23/09 10:15am and then got my approval email today at 1pm. That's 2.5hrs roughly. Not sure if my in-person appt pushed mine or it was already being considered.

here's my full timeline: british-citizenship/may-2020-naturalisa ... l#p1940021

I wonder how long before we receive the ceremony invitation by post?

@cullinan best of luck on Friday! Fingers crossed and to everyone else that's waiting. Hope the above info help in anyway.
That was quick! I always thought that until you go to the Biometrics appointment they wouldn't start looking at your case. Looks like they do some work on the background already even before Biometrics then.

Lenova
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Lenova » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Dear all,
Will you please guide me whether "to book an in person appointment ?" I have just uploaded my documents today through using IDV App for Naturalisation. However, after going through several posts from the previous applicants here in the forum , I realised it is safe to book also In-person Biometric appointment as you cannot completely rely on IDV App. Some of the applicants also had their results announced straight after In-person Appointments. Therefore, I was wondering if I should book in-person appointment as well? What are the chances of having an adverse effect on my application if I opt for In-person biometric appointment as well ? In other term , Can I use dual submissions ?
Thank you in advance for your advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Lenova wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04 pm
Dear all,
Will you please guide me whether "to book an in person appointment ?" I have just uploaded my documents today through using IDV App for Naturalisation. However, after going through several posts from the previous applicants here in the forum , I realised it is safe to book also In-person Biometric appointment as you cannot completely rely on IDV App. Some of the applicants also had their results announced straight after In-person Appointments. Therefore, I was wondering if I should book in-person appointment as well? What are the chances of having an adverse effect on my application if I opt for In-person biometric appointment as well ? In other term , Can I use dual submissions ?
I dont see any advantage of dual submission for Sep applicants but its your choice. Members who have got quick decisions via dual submissions are waiting long since March-July.

Lenova
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Lenova » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm
Lenova wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04 pm
Dear all,
I dont see any advantage of dual submission for Sep applicants but its your choice. Members who have got quick decisions via dual submissions are waiting long since March-July.
Thank you so much Cullinan. In that case, I should probably simply wait for the response from UKVI. Hopefully they will get back soon with the positive one :D
Thanks Cullinan !

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm

since the norm seems to be booking the appointment even if you have submitted data via app to get faster response, I decided to check for appointments in Leeds, but no free appointments are available.
However, it shows me between £130-£270 appointments but not sure if its for both the applicants as I have applied using same login ID.
Anyone got any ideas? It doesn't how any details of number of bookings (I went only until payment page).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:50 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm
since the norm seems to be booking the appointment even if you have submitted data via app to get faster response, I decided to check for appointments in Leeds, but no free appointments are available.
However, it shows me between £130-£270 appointments but not sure if its for both the applicants as I have applied using same login ID.
Anyone got any ideas? It doesn't how any details of number of bookings (I went only until payment page).
As of my knowledge, the payment will be shown as per the number of applicants. So £130 means £65 each. You all would have to go to the centre together. I applied on 22nd June also like you.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 pm

thanks mate, if you hadn't booked your friday's appointment, would have asked you to double check by selecting leeds center. will wait to see your result on Friday before booking myself in.
Its really a joke and not sure if HO is aware that the app submission aren't sent to them on time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:55 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 pm
thanks mate, if you hadn't booked your friday's appointment, would have asked you to double check by selecting leeds center. will wait to see your result on Friday before booking myself in.
Its really a joke and not sure if HO is aware that the app submission aren't sent to them on time.
Lets see how mine goes. 2 members recently got quick decisions after appointment (very next day) and today one member reported receiving a decision 2.5 hrs after appointment. No wonder applicants have lost faith in IDV.

Btw before payment it should show you how many appointments are they like 1x 2x 3x.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:01 pm

I am almost certain that it is the total payment as per the number of applicants in one account not individual price.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:02 pm

yeah that is why I thought of checking the appointments. with new possible lock down, its better to get it done sooner.

>>>> Btw before payment it should show you how many appointments are they like 1x 2x 3x.

yeah, I was hoping to see it, but It didn't show up till the page where I have to enter the payment details.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:02 pm
yeah that is why I thought of checking the appointments. with new possible lock down, its better to get it done sooner.

>>>> Btw before payment it should show you how many appointments are they like 1x 2x 3x.

yeah, I was hoping to see it, but It didn't show up till the page where I have to enter the payment details.
My wife applied with her parents and siblings. They were 5 in total in the same account. The total payment was aggregate of them 5 not 1. This may help.