ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Applying for tier 4 dependents at different times

Post by Aslamaria » Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 am

I am going to be applying for or extending tier 4 visas for my dependents soon. I want to apply for them at different times. I want to know if one dependent gets their visa, and I apply for the other dependent at a later date, will I need to still show funding for the dependent who already has visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for tier 4 dependents at different times

Post by CR001 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:59 am

Why do you want to apply for them separately??

When do their visas expire?

Note that your two children will only qualify for an extension when your spouse does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for tier 4 dependents at different times

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Aslamaria wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 am
I want to know if one dependent gets their visa, and I apply for the other dependent at a later date, will I need to still show funding for the dependent who already has visa?
No. However, the application must show that the relevant amount of money in the right format is available to the applicant, as required by paragraph 319C(g):

(g) [...] there must be a sufficient level of funds available to the applicant, as set out in Appendix E..

If evidence of the same money has already been used in a separate recent application, it would be wise to show that money for the current applicant is available over and above money already used in evidence for a previous applicant.

For the avoidance of doubt, it would probably be best for everyone to apply together.

Case workers are well aware that some people will do separate applications in order to try to recycle or double-count funds. Perhaps that is your plan! I don't recommend it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 4 Visa Extension

Post by Aslamaria » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:21 am

Hi all,

I have applied for visa extension for Tier 4 with depandants. There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding visa applications. I am already in UK with my family and will need to start using maintenance funds and am worried bank account will not hold same amounts. What is timelines for applications these days? And shall I not touch money until visa received?