ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online IRP card renewals for everybody in Dublin from 20th of Jul

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Online IRP card renewals for everybody in Dublin from 20th of Jul

Post by kupuser » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:10 am

Hi,

My IRP is due to expire on first week of December... the processing time is roughly 30 working days (6 weeks) while apparently you can't submit your application online if your IRP is expiring in more than 30 days (I got a prompt when trying to apply) so one if bound to overrun their IRP expiration date.

It is problematic as I was planning to travel in December and I probably will not have an in-date IRP car. Is there any way I can ask INIS to allow me to apply early?

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Post by jman0warS » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:53 am

Do people count from the date the application was submitted, or the date the passport was delivered?

burti17
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by burti17 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Can anyone who received GNIB card or passport back from online application tell us what is the start and end date of new residency permission? Is it starting when previous stamp expired or the actual date when new one approved? Is the new expiry date one year after previous permission expiry date or one year after new permission issue date?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:14 pm

burti17 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:50 pm
Can anyone who received GNIB card or passport back from online application tell us what is the start and end date of new residency permission? Is it starting when previous stamp expired or the actual date when new one approved? Is the new expiry date one year after previous permission expiry date or one year after new permission issue date?
Start date = the date you receive your email
Expiry date follows the start date

lukedriftwood
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by lukedriftwood » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm

If I want to change my stamp from my current Stamp 1G (3rd level graduate scheme) to Stamp 1 (based on my recently granted critical skills work permit), do I use this online system as well? It says for renewal only but what I need is a change of status.

kelvin8898
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kelvin8898 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:03 pm

jman0warS wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:15 am
My Stamp 4 renewal application was submitted July 28.
Still waiting, tried emailing them but got nothing back.
It's a long time to be separated from my passport.
I submitted mine on 24 July and got my passport back on last Friday (18 Sep). I think you will get yours soon

talentlinkkk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by talentlinkkk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:31 am

Does anyone know if the renewal process is based on any of the following:

1. Date passport/old IRP is received by INIS?
2. Type of stamp being renewed since we are required to put the stamp number on the envelope?

Please can someone share any clarity on this because it seems odd that someone who sent in their passport to INIS last week has already received their renewal permission yesterday. It seems they made an arrangement with INIS as I do not think passport was received via the registered post route, which is rather unfair as we have people who have been waiting for their passports for over 5 weeks.

faliyevvhv
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by faliyevvhv » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi all,

It is my first time post on this forum. I'm also interested in knowing whether the queue is based on the date passports/IRP card received by INIS or by the time of application. My case is rather complicated. Me and my wife hold Stamp 4 since February 2015 (5+ years) under the HPSU (Startup Entrepreneur) Visa. I applied for renewal on June to the Startup and Investment department of INIS and they postponed the review of the documents until July 20th and they sent a refusal letter for renewal under the SUEP (Startup Entrepreneur programme) saying that they had a requirement that the company should have made €1 million+ sales and have 10 employees in Ireland in the 5th year. In fact, these are the definition of HPSU (High-Potential Startup), but this isn't the requirement. SUEP guidelines clearly mentions the renewal requirements which are all about being not burden in the state and not having criminal activity etc. The fact is that my business has made €3.5 million in the 5th year (3.5 times more than what they mentioned in the letter), but as it is a common practice for IT related companies, I don't have all the employees in Ireland, I have many full time contractors in other countries. So, the company doesn't have 10 employees in Ireland. All in all, they refused to renew and asked me to apply for long-term residence which normally takes 6-8 months in normal times (not even COVID times). After long correspondence with the Startup Unit, their representative (don't want to call her name) mistakenly forwarded their own internal correspondence to me and I noticed that after reading our financial documents SOMEHOW she concluded that my company just paid €8 in the last 5 years. I don't know how she read the documents and how it is even possible to pay just €8 tax over 5 years. Anyways, I showed them their mistake and explained that in fact we paid €205,000 tax, not €8 with proofs. Only after that, 36 days after the first refusal, they corrected their mistake and sent a grant letter for the permission of additional 5 years.

So, here is what makes it complicated. We have Irish citizen child and because of the above delay we applied for change of status from SUEP stamp 4 to Irish citizen child stamp 4 via online renewal on August 10. INIS received our documents/passports on 11th August. Then when we got a grant letter from Startup unit on 26th, they told me that I should apply online again and they will inform the Registration department and they will cancel our first application which was on August 10 and revert it to the new one. So, we applied again paying additional €600 (for me and my wife) on 27th. We didn't send any document this time, because we sent them on 11th. Later SUEP confirmed that they reverted the first application to the second one. I asked them 100s of times to somehow accelerate the process because I have to travel ASAP for business, but they said they cannot do anything. Also, they didn't take the 36 days lost into consideration which was wasted due to their mistake.

Anyways, I'd be very happy if someone in a similar case or with a similar experience could reply when should I expect the passports back in my case. Also, whether it is counted from the day they received the passports or not? I'm very desperate, because I can't attend important business meetings and it really harms my business, which contributes so much to the Irish economy.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:02 pm

All applications are processed by chronological order.

I don't know who got their permission renewed in just a week. The printing of the IRP card itself alone takes a week. Then you need to add the 2-3 days each of An Post transit time. That totals 2 weeks at least, even without any queue.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 pm

faliyevvhv wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:10 pm
Hi all,

It is my first time post on this forum. I'm also interested in knowing whether the queue is based on the date passports/IRP card received by INIS or by the time of application...
I'm going to be pessimistic here. When they open your envelope with your passport and application number, and find that your application number is cancelled, there is a chance that they would just send it back without doing anything.

Since you posted it on 11 Aug, you should hear back one way or the other very soon.

Regarding the business meeting, is there no way to do a virtual meeting?

faliyevvhv
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by faliyevvhv » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:57 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 pm
faliyevvhv wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:10 pm
Hi all,

It is my first time post on this forum. I'm also interested in knowing whether the queue is based on the date passports/IRP card received by INIS or by the time of application...
I'm going to be pessimistic here. When they open your envelope with your passport and application number, and find that your application number is cancelled, there is a chance that they would just send it back without doing anything.

Since you posted it on 11 Aug, you should hear back one way or the other very soon.

Regarding the business meeting, is there no way to do a virtual meeting?
Thanks a million for you answer. To be honest I have the same concern too althought the Startup Unit contacted them and they said they canceled the first one and noted that the other application is the active one. Hopefully, this won't happen. Re virtual meetings, I do virtual meetings for the ones that are possible of course, but there are some which I HAVE TO physically attend unfortunately. :(

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Post by jman0warS » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:08 pm

Got my Renewal Application Processed email last night.
Finally!

It took 8 weeks

burti17
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by burti17 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:32 pm

jman0warS wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:08 pm
Got my Renewal Application Processed email last night.
Finally!

It took 8 weeks
Congrats! When were your docs delivered to INIS?

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Post by jman0warS » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:44 pm

My Passport was delivered registered post to INIS on Aug 6.
Unfortunately there was a bank holiday after July 28 that resulted in a small delivery delay.

burti17
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by burti17 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:33 pm

Strange. My docs were delivered to INIS on 4 Aug and still nothing.Seems first come first served isn't really working

Ellie123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ellie123 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi guys
I applied for IRP renewal online last week and I thought they will send a letter to ask for passport and IRP. I didnt know you are supposed to send straight away.
Should I just send it to them now asap?
And which address do I send it too?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Ellie123 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi guys
I applied for IRP renewal online last week and I thought they will send a letter to ask for passport and IRP. I didnt know you are supposed to send straight away.
Should I just send it to them now asap?
And which address do I send it too?
They will send you an email with instructions. Have you checked your spam folder?
If you are sure you haven't received an email, check if your application has been actually submitted. Did you get to the payment page and paid for the registration fee before the submission? Is your application under the 'Draft Forms' or 'Submitted Forms'?

talentlinkkk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by talentlinkkk » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:09 pm

burti17 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:33 pm
Strange. My docs were delivered to INIS on 4 Aug and still nothing.Seems first come first served isn't really working
The automated email from burghquayregoffice@justice.ie said “As of Monday 21st September the office is processing Renewals Applications received on 5 August“

I’m sure they should be processing applications submitted a week later today.

lukedriftwood
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by lukedriftwood » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Can the INIS Online system be used for change of permission? I need to change from Stamp 1G to 1, it's technically not a renewal.

ariadnelogy
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by ariadnelogy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 pm

lukedriftwood wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:57 pm
Can the INIS Online system be used for change of permission? I need to change from Stamp 1G to 1, it's technically not a renewal.
It does qualify as a renewal only because it's not a first time registration with INIS.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:43 pm

lukedriftwood wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:57 pm
Yes, thats the process via https://inisonline.jahs.ie, a friend of a friend has had it changed (confirmed) in this way applying for renewal and choosing the desired stamp, got to know this just today.

Can anyone who got both their Passport and IRP confirm if they got their original documents back with their IRP. I have only got my passport, neither did I receive my IRP till date (email sent for IRP not received) nor the original documents sent.

burti17
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by burti17 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:53 pm

I received my passport and GNIB card today by express post(Documents were delivered to INIS on 5 Aug). I want to shed a light regarding new GNIB start/end dates because I see incorrect comments from the others. The new GNIB is not starting from the date you receive automated mail from the system. My new GNIB starts from previous one's expiry date ( 26 July 2020) and expires on 25 July 2020.

wade200000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wade200000 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:16 pm

This only one day in between, expiry date?

faliyevvhv
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by faliyevvhv » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm

I got both IRP and passport today on 2th of October. I received the email on 27th September (on Sunday) which said the passport would be delivered in 2-3 days and IRP cards would be delivered a few days after that. However, both came together but in separate envelopes. So it took 5 working days from the day I received email. Also, the tracking number they provides wasn't showing any information until yesterday evening. For the ones interested, I submitted my renewal application on 10th of August and they received my documents on 11th of August.

Hope everyone receives the docs soon.

wade200000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wade200000 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi can i ask, did you receive any confirmation email before you posted your passport and old card?