ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani Birth Cert Verification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluesky1
Ireland

Re: Pakistani Birth Cert Verification

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Got an email today stating.

There have been unanticipated delays in processing your online passport application whilst the Passport Service verifies your Birth Certificate with the authorities in Pakistan.

The Passport Service apologises for this inconvenience and will make every effort to have this resolved in a timely manner.

Where the hell have then sent the verification😥

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:38 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 pm

There have been unanticipated delays in processing your online passport application whilst the Passport Service verifies your Birth Certificate with the authorities in Pakistan.

The Passport Service apologises for this inconvenience and will make every effort to have this resolved in a timely manner.

Did you reapplied, if so when? Anybody got money back?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Yes Taki I reapplied about 3 weeks ago, this is the response to my new application. I havnt got the money back yet but I am not worried about it. U can reapply straight away dont wait for the refund to be fully processed first.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:41 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:12 pm
Yes Taki I reapplied about 3 weeks ago, this is the response to my new application. I havnt got the money back yet but I am not worried about it. U can reapply straight away dont wait for the refund to be fully processed first.
Ok thank you for reply.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:41 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:12 pm
Ok thank you for reply.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 pm

So basically even your second application for passport is gone to pending stage awaiting birth certificate verification ?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Absolutely. There is no way around it n guys could you please confirm if the birth certificate that u guys submitted with ur application was it verfied by mofa or just a simple original copy like mine?

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:36 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Absolutely. There is no way around it n guys could you please confirm if the birth certificate that u guys submitted with ur application was it verfied by mofa or just a simple original copy like mine?
Mine was not verified by M/O Foreign Affairs, Islamabad but it was computerized and issued by a Secretary Union Council on behalf of NADRA

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Mine was same and I just confirmed with a friend of mine whos was same n not verified etc still his application got sorted within 4 weeks so I wonder r they randomly picking application to just delay them.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:45 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm
Mine was same and I just confirmed with a friend of mine whos was same n not verified etc still his application got sorted within 4 weeks so I wonder r they randomly picking application to just delay them.
I think this is new equality in Ireland they pick randomly some applicants like Dept. Of Justice just put them in a limbo for an uncertain period for no reason especially voiceless people. They took years to finalised our applications for the cert. of naturalisation and now passport service starts to discriminate us on the same principle essentially they declared us guilty until proven innocent however I think law works other way around but may be we all want to avoid unnecessary litigation with the authorities and they know very well our weaknesses.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 pm

If someone have any further update on the topic, please share here. Thanks

frontliner
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by frontliner » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:28 am

Hy everyone,

I am sad to know that the application was returned from passport office due to non verification. I would like to confirm that the various EU Countries do verify the Birth Certificate issued by NADRA through Union Council. I tell you the real incidence which happened and after this you can deduce your results.
Few years back, 2013, I was getting birth certificate from my children from local union council in Multan. I was applying for their Irish visa. The Union Council officer was my friend. Everything was going good. He printed out the birth certificate. Suddenly a Pakistani man with formal dressing entered the Union Council office and told that he is commissioned by the ITALIAN EMBASSY in Pakistan to verify a birth certificates of a child whose Father is an Italian citizen and he had applied for the citizenship for his child in Italy. That person from Italian Embassy showed his ID, a letter from Embassy and also a letter from NADRA. In addition after few minutes my friend FROM UNION COUNCIL received a call from his boss to let that person check the record. It was all an official script and drill.

What afterwards happened is the most interesting.

That person asked my friend to bring the file of the child. My friend pulled up the file and presented to him. He started to find faults. He said where is the birth letter from a hospital of this child? Where are the copies ID CARD of his dad and uncle etc. Similarly he asked other questions. Finally he asked my friend did you get extra money to issue this birth certificate? He took all the photos of the files and documents with camera and went away.
Now you can have a idea that all the birth certificates are checked through Union Council

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:32 am

Our local council secretory also did mention that they would normally get verification request from Italy but never got one from Ireland or UK or any other country so dont know if this something Irish has started as well or they have some other way.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:23 pm

We don’t know yet, when & what method Irish passport service has initiated for the Verification of our passport. In order to solve this mystery we have to take some legal course of action such as FOI. I believe once we have real information we will be able to pursue the matter.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:09 pm

I agree but I think we may not get much out of FOI as itnwould only mention that the cert is sent for verification. It may not clarify when where why when is it gone to.

Btw did anyone tried submitting a new birth cert verfied by MOFA and Pak embassy in Ireland. Do we know if they r accepting or considering it?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:04 am

Seems like even submitting a verified certificate may not work for us☹️. I have got this reply to my enquiry about submiting a verified certificate. I wonder if they r verifying everyones certificate how come only a handful of us r suffering.

The Passport Service apologises for the delay in having your documents verified.
As per previous email the department has the duty to verifiy the documents as standard procedure and therefore any further documents you wish to submit will still need to be verified via the same process. Please note every effort is being made to have this resolved in a timely manner.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:19 pm

I wonder the Irish passport service has ever verified the birth certificate before or they just started now in the era of pandemic and whether they got verification for everyone to maintain equality or they just picked randomly some people to punish or this is a just bureaucratic riddle to put aside their own pressure of work on some applicants in the Covid situation? Because I never understand what INIS did before granting a certificate of naturalisation during 3-4 years of processing of naturalisation applications or even before granting visas/resident cards especially on long term basis permissions in the state.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:11 pm

I agree this is so frustrating that even being citizens now we r being deprived of a basic right of having a passport and not been able to travel for last so many months coz of this. I highly doubt that they verified every single certificate since most people from same country got there applications sorted without trouble.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:40 pm

Please share here if someone got money back from passport service for previously cancelled applications.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:52 am

No refund yet. They r probably going to verify that as well to make sure we earned the paid money the right way and possibly show them the exact log of work we did to earn that money only than they will refund it maibe when we r retired probably.
They have certainly found another way to delay things and make people suffer n beg them

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:56 am

100% agree. I think we have no other option except wait and see their efficiency. Moreover currently they have a big excuse of Covid 19 which is still on the rise in Ireland.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:27 pm

Any news from Passport Service?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Still processing application no news whats so ever. Have u guys reapplied or no?

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Please guys ,go to Pakistan embassy and or complain to PM.

If you keep suffering,your juniors will suffer too .

If you work collectively now ,your future followers and fellows will benefit.

Even if you call Embassy and explain what is happening to you ,they may help you.

Alternatively call PM house or complain on the PM portle

Cheers

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:50 pm

I have already complaint to PM portal and after few weeks got a call from someone saying we have nothing to do with this normally embassy do there verification at union council so they cant help.
Called embassy as well thry said they got no such request and suggested I submit a new certificate to passport office with verification from MOFA Pakistan and from the embassy. Currently working on it so lets see but again the passport office has already told me that whatever document I will submitt will need verification so Im not sure even this will help.
There is no way they would have verified everyones certificate if that was the case how come only few r suffering and most have there passports already.