ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa - priority

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

carlspin
Newly Registered

Visitor visa - priority

Post by carlspin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Hello - hope this is the right place if not please feel free to redirect my question.

I applied this week for a 2 year visitor visa for the UK. I paid for the priority service and the application centre said that they think the UK is processing in good time at the moment. do you know if this is likely as to be the case?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor visa - priority

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Depends on the visa and immigration history of the applicant and if the applicant meets all the requirements for a 2 year visitor visa, or has a provable clean history of visiting the UK and not staying for extended periods and has strong ties to home country etc. Priority service is not guaranteed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

carlspin
Newly Registered

Post by carlspin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 pm

hey thanks! I have no previous of history with immigration in the uk. i hope it was worth paying the extra £ for the prority Service

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm

If you have never been to the UK, you are unlikely to get a 2 year visitor visa.

Most apply for at least 4 to 6 visitor visa of 6 months duration to prove good travel history and following the rules before attempting the 2 year visa.

Why have you gone straight for a 2 year visitor visa? You do realise you cannot stay in the UK for 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.