ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

onyx_ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by onyx_ng » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 am

onyx_ng wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am
I submitted my application on the 29th of July and submitted my biometrics via IDV only on the 31st of August. I am still waiting for approval.
I received approval (via email) today :D . I didn't attend an in person appointment but I did send a status request to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk' on the 22nd of September.

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 am

Hi All,

Applied for Naturalization on ILR + 1 year route, submitted document using IDV app on 04/09/2020, and received email from MMSTFCTCALLNOTES ( 14/09/2020) "Dear

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible

Yours Sincerely"

You guys think its still worth it to book an appointment and give bio-metrics in person ?

Thanks in Advance.

Umar

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Just submitted my biometrics at Croydon Lansdowne (dual submission). Fingers crossed.
Took 10 min.
Documents were already submitted.
Just took biometrics.
Scanned full current passport.
Done.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:06 pm
Just submitted my biometrics at Croydon Lansdowne (dual submission). Fingers crossed.
Took 10 min.
Just took biometrics.
Done.
Awesome, good luck mate.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:34 pm

umarahm3d wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 am
Hi All,

Applied for Naturalization on ILR + 1 year route, submitted document using IDV app on 04/09/2020, and received email from MMSTFCTCALLNOTES ( 14/09/2020) "Dear

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible

Yours Sincerely"

You guys think its still worth it to book an appointment and give bio-metrics in person ?

Thanks in Advance.

Umar
If you have been given an update, i would assume a caseworker is on it. An appointment to give biometrics wont hasten it any quicker. Just hang in there and hope for an approval

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Took 10 min.
Just took biometrics.
Done.
Nice one. Good luck and update us. Thanks for all you do tho. I really hope it goes well for you. You've been phenomenal in suggestions and answers

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

onyx_ng wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 am
onyx_ng wrote:
I submitted my application on the 29th of July and submitted my biometrics via IDV only on the 31st of August. I am still waiting for approval.
I received approval (via email) today :D . I didn't attend an in person appointment but I did send a status request to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk' on the 22nd of September.
onyx, can highlight any the details of the email you sent to nationalityenquiries?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Took 10 min.
Just took biometrics.
Done.
Nice one. Good luck and update us. Thanks for all you do tho. I really hope it goes well for you. You've been phenomenal in suggestions and answers
Thank you. Will update if dual submission works for me.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:22 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 pm
i see many people are doing dual submission . I submitted my picture via IDV app on 28th Aug and today while searching i found a FREE appointment at UKVCAS croydon on 25th sep so booked it
How did your appointment go? Pls update us if dual submission works for you.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:38 pm

I applied in 6th of June and submit my application via IDV app in 27th of August. I booked an appointment for Tuesday 22 and resubmitted in person again.
I will update you when I received my approval :wink:

onyx_ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by onyx_ng » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:05 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm
onyx_ng wrote:
onyx_ng wrote:
onyx, can highlight any the details of the email you sent to nationalityenquiries?
Sure, here's what I sent:

Dear Advisor,

Hope you are doing well.

I was wondering if I could get a status update on my citizenship application detailed below:

Given Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Application Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: Naturalisation as a British Citizen
Application Submission Date: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IDV App Submission Date: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks,
xxxx

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Took 10 min.
Just took biometrics.
Done.
Hi Can you please elaborate a bit more about the appointment. Did they take your finger prints please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 pm

Cure123 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Took 10 min.
Just took biometrics.
Done.
Hi Can you please elaborate a bit more about the appointment. Did they take your finger prints please?
Yes, obviously, as that is the whole point of an in person biometrics appointment!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 pm
Cure123 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Took 10 min.
Just took biometrics.
Done.
Yes, obviously, as that is the whole point of an in person biometrics appointment!!
I guess I wasn't clear in my question. If you are invited to use the app which means you have selected for biometric reuse. Then will they take your finger prints if you decide to go in person rather than using the app

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm

@Cure123

Yes. Appointment goes as normal in every case irrespective of using IDV app already or booking an appointment instead. Finger prints, digital photo, digital signature.

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm
@Cure123

Yes. Appointment goes as normal in every case irrespective of using IDV app already or booking an appointment instead. Finger prints, digital photo, digital signature.
Thank you very much. I received the App invite, but decided to go in person instead. It was a bit different this time. The lady was very thorough.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Cure123 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Cure123

Thank you very much. I received the App invite, but decided to go in person instead. It was a bit different this time. The lady was very thorough.
Can you pls elaborate what do you mean by “different” and “thorough”?
When did you apply?

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:48 pm
Cure123 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Cure123

Can you pls elaborate what do you mean by “different” and “thorough”?
When did you apply?
I applied last week. The lady went through my passport and checked it several times. When I done the ILR they just scan few pages. This one was checking the passport as well!

Also she checked my finger prints to see if there is any cuts. The whole appointment took around 25 minutes

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:30 pm

@Cure123

Tbh, I have had a couple of personal experiences (myself and family) with UKVCAS staff over the last 2 years.
Every time they do something different.
I went to my appointment yesterday also.
The lady was not very friendly but mine went smoothly.

Last time (2019) my passport was checked also.
Checking for cuts is normal, if finger prints do not go through the first time. Because otherwise, they have to leave notes which finger did not match and why.

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:30 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:30 pm
@Cure123

Tbh, I have had a couple of personal experiences (myself and family) with UKVCAS staff over the last 2 years.
Every time they do something different.
I went to my appointment yesterday also.
The lady was not very friendly but mine went smoothly.

Last time (2019) my passport was checked also.
Checking for cuts is normal, if finger prints do not go through the first time. Because otherwise, they have to leave notes which finger did not match and why.
Thank you very much for the reply. Please keep us updated with your application

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:59 pm

onyx_ng wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:05 am
Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm
onyx_ng wrote:
onyx_ng wrote:
Sure, here's what I sent:

Dear Advisor,

Hope you are doing well.

I was wondering if I could get a status update on my citizenship application detailed below:

Given Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Application Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: Naturalisation as a British Citizen
Application Submission Date: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IDV App Submission Date: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks,
xxxx
Awesome. Thanks. I will try that before going for our appointment next week.

sjuzzik
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by sjuzzik » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:54 pm

I attended my biometrics appointment on the 24th of September. I uploaded some of my documents myself prior to the appointment and some were scanned during the appointment by ukvcas staff. After thr appointment I logged in to my ukvcas account to see if everything was scanned and I noticed that the option to upload more documents is still working, I.e..there is no sign that the application was submitted anywhere.. u checked again today - same thing. Is it normal?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 pm

sjuzzik wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:54 pm
I attended my biometrics appointment on the 24th of September. I uploaded some of my documents myself prior to the appointment and some were scanned during the appointment by ukvcas staff. After thr appointment I logged in to my ukvcas account to see if everything was scanned and I noticed that the option to upload more documents is still working, I.e..there is no sign that the application was submitted anywhere.. u checked again today - same thing. Is it normal?
Yes. Its best not to play with the account though. If you open the individual categories, the document file names will show “submitted” in front of them.
The account stays active.

vardhan88
Newly Registered

Post by vardhan88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:22 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:53 pm
vardhan88 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Lespa wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:58 am
And another one.... day after biometric appointment at UKVCAS I receive approval email.
I am sure that IDV works for some, but there is a clear pattern of people submitting IDV and waiting for weeks and yet after physical appointment they get decision in day or two, sometimes within hours.

Anyway, just for reference, original application 14.04., IDV 24.08., Biometric appointment 23.09., decision 24.09
(Apologies for the timeline format above, just saves people time to look through my posts)
possibly coincidence.
Me and a couple of my mates got decision today and we all didn't go through with biometric appointment.
@vardhan88, do you all have the same timelines? Did you do the IDV submissions on the same day? Can you discuss or share more. It could give some of us some hope.
We all submitted in aorund 3 weeks, my application is 1st one.
Regarding IDV - mine was 27th Aug, the rest got them done by 29th

terry82
Newly Registered

Post by terry82 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am

Hi All,
Just wondering if any of the September applicants got any decisions ?I havent seen any post regarding the same ,nor saw them in MN1 section either.Not sure if liverpool office is till working in lockdown.