ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-applying visit visa for a parent 4 years after refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chattokhan

Re-applying visit visa for a parent 4 years after refusal

Post by chattokhan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to get some advice/guidances for mother's visa application from Pakistan. I had applied visit visa for both parents in April 2016 which was refused. Fundamental reason was weak ties with home country.

My parents are financially dependant on me and my brother in Pakistan. I live in the UK, also regularly send money to Pakistan which I had also mentioned in the application. This was one of the objections in the refusal letter that since they are also financially dependant on me there is a slim chance that they would return to Pakistan. Although, I still don't understand the logic.

Nothing has changed in 2020 except that this time only my mother is applying for the visa. I am going to be sponsoring her visit in the UK. I can provide my bank statement as a sponsor, but to show strong financial ties in Pakistan, what else should I provide?

She has never worked, and my father is retired. He owns the property they live in, wondering if it is worth providing property document?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Re-applying visit visa for a parent 4 years after refusal

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello,

As they say, every application with be evaluated on its own merits. But they have an obvious bias against applications refused previously.

It's good that not both parents are applying. When one of them stays behind, he/she constitutes a strong attachment to the home country and an incentive to return.

The dependency on yourself is not good for a visitor visa. Because this dependency may be used to try to justify further stay in the UK. Some people turn around and claim that the parent is ill, dependent and cannot return to the home country.

If a property is owned, by all means add documents to justify that. Any link to the home country has to be demonstrated by documents.

Give it all. Because if this application fails, there won't be another one successful again. Once you enter into a cycle of applications / refusal, there is no come back.

chattokhan

Re: Re-applying visit visa for a parent 4 years after refusal

Post by chattokhan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:16 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:12 pm
Hello,

As they say, every application with be evaluated on its own merits. But they have an obvious bias against applications refused previously.

It's good that not both parents are applying. When one of them stays behind, he/she constitutes a strong attachment to the home country and an incentive to return.

The dependency on yourself is not good for a visitor visa. Because this dependency may be used to try to justify further stay in the UK. Some people turn around and claim that the parent is ill, dependent and cannot return to the home country.

If a property is owned, by all means add documents to justify that. Any link to the home country has to be demonstrated by documents.

Give it all. Because if this application fails, there won't be another one successful again. Once you enter into a cycle of applications / refusal, there is no come back.
Thanks @Zerubbabel.

Agreed, more or less circumstances are unchanged and the only strong point appears to be my father is not travelling. So partner in home country should add strong connection with home country. I will go ahead with the application, whatever the outcome is, will share it here.