ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by typhoon476 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:17 pm

rajachandhok wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm
berege wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:08 pm
F chhiboo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 pm
stonelove wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:37 am

I am a May SET(M)applicant still waiting lets be patient all will be well.
I am april 14th set m)applicant still waiting.
I am June 12 Set (O) applicant with a dependent - and still waiting as well.
I am March 27 Set (O) applicant and still waiting as well.
I'm another June applicant here. Sent a few emails, but got no response. Also called UKVI but didn't get anywhere.

I have asked help from my MP. I would encourage everyone to contact their MPs, at least to tell them how pathetic the whole process has been. No transparency regarding applications, weird prioritisation, no priority applications still, milking cash by the capitalist company... And so on.

As a tax payer, it is your right to ask your representatives to change any unfair processes. Also don't forget this when you hopefully be able to vote in the next election.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:40 pm

typhoon476 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:17 pm
rajachandhok wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm
berege wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:08 pm
F chhiboo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 pm

I am april 14th set m)applicant still waiting.
I am June 12 Set (O) applicant with a dependent - and still waiting as well.
I am March 27 Set (O) applicant and still waiting as well.
I'm another June applicant here. Sent a few emails, but got no response. Also called UKVI but didn't get anywhere.

I have asked help from my MP. I would encourage everyone to contact their MPs, at least to tell them how pathetic the whole process has been. No transparency regarding applications, weird prioritisation, no priority applications still, milking cash by the capitalist company... And so on.

As a tax payer, it is your right to ask your representatives to change any unfair processes. Also don't forget this when you hopefully be able to vote in the next election.
I raised it with my local MP 2 days ago and yesterday got a response that he has raised my concerns with home office and will take 20 working days for home office to response.

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 pm
ANS1 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:55 pm
I am at Lansdowne.. My appointment is in a bit 😃
Good luck @Cullinan, hope it goes well. I wonder if any of your forum fans will turn up to witness the legendary cullinan :lol:
Thank you 🙏
Sure :lol:
goodluck😊

techtoon20
Australia

Post by techtoon20 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi Want to share good news with you.

Application SET O , 5 year Tier II route
Application Submitted : 05 August
Invitation to use IDV : 27 August
Biometric Done : 19 September
ILR Approved : 25 September

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

pierre0625 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:26 pm
hey!i read that u went for face to face bio today?dis u also use the app then went for dual submission meaning biometrics thru the app and personal appointment?thank you so much..kindly inform me/us i need to book asap
Thanks for the g.luck. You can book if you wish. You can go for dual submission without any issues even after using IDV app. But I would advise to wait at least 3 weeks after IDV before considering going for an appointment.

or you can just book an appointment instead even if you are eligible for IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm

For all
  • March to July applicants
  • any Visa type
  • who did only single facial image submission through IDV App
  • still pending decision
Have you written to your local MP ?

If yes, has there been any acknowledgement or response ?
If no, what is your thought process for not writing ?

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm
pierre0625 wrote:
hey!i read that u went for face to face bio today?dis u also use the app then went for dual submission meaning biometrics thru the app and personal appointment?thank you so much..kindly inform me/us i need to book asap
Thanks for the g.luck. You can book if you wish. You can go for dual submission without any issues even after using IDV app. But I would advise to wait at least 3 weeks after IDV before considering going for an appointment.

or you can just book an appointment instead even if you are eligible for IDV app.
ok thanks much

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm
pierre0625 wrote:

ok thanks much

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:38 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm
For all
  • any Visa type
  • still pending decision

I am a May 28 SET (M) Applicant did IDV and biometric in person appointment in August still waiting on a decision.
I have not written to my MP and will only do so After 28/11/2020 if no decision has been made as this will be past their 6 months processing time. I like to respect the rules of engagement and if you then break your side of the bargain then will then begin to make noises and more (In a nut shell I am given them ample time to make their decision based on their agreed service standard).

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm

MEMEILR wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:53 pm
Can anyone share the email address received from FEDEX for BRP delivery?
have you received your brp yet?

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 pm
pierre0625 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm
pierre0625 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello!i received an invitation using the app,i applied using the app and submitted day after i cannot open the app it's always error saying that theres no mobile cases..i dont know if i need to get a personal biometric appointment.
Does your phone support the app?

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

Page 23

yup!i guess because if not i cannot use the idv app to submit my application..im just worried if i finished my application right or what..did you received a confirmation email after you used the app?
Did you try updating the phone software or app? Try another phone if you have?
Hi- I called UKVAS/IDV on 0844 8920232 this morning to confirm if my IDV submission went ok and they were very helpful and fast. They confirmed all was sent to UKVI so now i am just waiting feedback/approval so I recommend giving them a quick call

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:21 pm

@stonelove
I am a May 28 SET (M) Applicant did IDV and biometric in person appointment in August still waiting on a decision.
I have not written to my MP and will only do so After 28/11/2020 if no decision has been made as this will be past their 6 months processing time. I like to respect the rules of engagement and if you then break your side of the bargain then will then begin to make noises and more (In a nut shell I am given them ample time to make their decision based on their agreed service standard).
Very sensible approach. Hope you get a quick decision soon!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:37 pm

For appointments I would like to suggest:

1) Do not go early. Just go 10min before your appointment time as they will not let you in otherwise.

2) Print the appointment QR code (if possible). Highly recommended.

3) It is best to submit your documents via the UKVCAS before appointment (48 hours before otherwise the submit option will be disabled). You will save your time at the appointment and avoid being at mercy of untrained UKVCAS staff.

4) Make sure you upload all your documents as per the immigration rules. UKVCAS staff has no knowledge of which documents are needed. They just go by the checklist. Make sure you upload your passport(s) as per your residency requirements. The staff will only scan your current passport.

5) Do not buy any scanning service/SMS service. Its a waste.

Tubz
Newly Registered

Post by Tubz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Hello,

Finally i have got a decision.

Applied April 5, used IDV app for biometrics Aug 22, No decision so i booked in-person appointment Sept 16 in Birmingham free slot, No decision still. I called HO and they said i should wait till 5th Oct to escalate, then it will be 6 months.

Someone on page 273 on this forum said he paid £5.95 on UKVI website for enquiry and they sent him his approval.
I said well, £5 will not hurt my pocket so i tried. Mind you, if you say you did your application in the UK the website will direct you to UKVI phone number, but if you click the option that your application was done outside UK then you will be able to submit your enquiry.

I did this yesterday afternoon at 2pm and in the explanation box, i stated i applied inside the UK and my application is almost 6 months.

This morning at about 8am i got my approval letter.

Mind you, this route may not work for new applicants, my application is almost 6 months and it is very straight forward. For anyone that applied in April you may try this enquiry system, its just £5.95.
Also, dual submission may not even work for those who applied in April regarding quick decisions, just my experience.

Now, moving on to Naturalisation as i was a set M applicant. Cant wait to get off this HO/Immigration application bus..

Goodluck to those still waiting. This forum is filled with loads of info. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Congratulations Tubz and thanks for sharing valuable information. 🥳

See you in the BC forum.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Tubz wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm
Hello,

Finally i have got a decision.

Applied April 5, used IDV app for biometrics Aug 22, No decision so i booked in-person appointment Sept 16 in Birmingham free slot, No decision still. I called HO and they said i should wait till 5th Oct to escalate, then it will be 6 months.

Someone on page 273 on this forum said he paid £5.95 on UKVI website for enquiry and they sent him his approval.
I said well, £5 will not hurt my pocket so i tried. Mind you, if you say you did your application in the UK the website will direct you to UKVI phone number, but if you click the option that your application was done outside UK then you will be able to submit your enquiry.

I did this yesterday afternoon at 2pm and in the explanation box, i stated i applied inside the UK and my application is almost 6 months.

This morning at about 8am i got my approval letter.

Mind you, this route may not work for new applicants, my application is almost 6 months and it is very straight forward. For anyone that applied in April you may try this enquiry system, its just £5.95.
Also, dual submission may not even work for those who applied in April regarding quick decisions, just my experience.

Now, moving on to Naturalisation as i was a set M applicant. Cant wait to get off this HO/Immigration application bus..

Goodluck to those still waiting. This forum is filled with loads of info. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences.
Oh nice. Please can you share the website asking for a friend.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:52 pm

All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm
For all
  • any Visa type
  • still pending decision

Applied on the 14th of May on SET-M route and submitted photo etc. via IDV app only on the 25th of August. Still waiting for decision and not intending to escalate via MP before the end of 6 months standard service time. I don't understand why I should be bothering my local MP if I don't have any emergency reasons, as the home office clearly states 6 months is the maximum service time.
I agree that the whole process is ridicilous and they should be more transparent with regards to the application process. They could have developed a system similar to the delivery companies', notifying you at each step of the process (your application received, your application is being reviewed by caseworker, your application is pending X and Y enquiries, interim decision made etc.) so that we would be less concerned. I think I should write to my MP about this! :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 pm

@MKC

Consider dual submission if possible for you. It may work for you.

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 pm

has anyone tried to contact caseworker about his/her application? I received delay notice and thinking whether it worth to reply back and ask about application status. has anyone tried that?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 pm
has anyone tried to contact caseworker about his/her application? I received delay notice and thinking whether it worth to reply back and ask about application status. has anyone tried that?
Delay notice is a generic email usually.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi there,

I booked an appointment, but i just received the decision from home office, should i cancel it?

Used only idv app

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
gabidzas wrote:
so it does not necessary mean real delay?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:32 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
gabidzas wrote:
so it does not necessary mean real delay?
Not necessarily.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:33 pm

User3221 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:29 pm
Hi there,

I booked an appointment, but i just received the decision from home office, should i cancel it?

Used only idv app
Congratulations. Yes cancel it.

This shows that booking an appointment does not affect the process of IDV. Biometrics submitted via appointment overtakes IDV app ONLY when you actually attend the appointment.