ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of spouse’s immigration status in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Are new translations needed?

Post by ReturningHome » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 am

Hi,

We are looking to renew my wife’s spouse visa.

When we originally applied 3 years ago in Mexico, we had all necessary documents translated using an official translator as recommended by the British embassy.

As we are applying from the UK For the renewal can we use the same translations or would we need to have them done again by an someone based in the UK?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Are new translations needed?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:25 am

ReturningHome wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 am
Hi,

We are looking to renew my wife’s spouse visa.

When we originally applied 3 years ago in Mexico, we had all necessary documents translated using an official translator as recommended by the British embassy.

As we are applying from the UK For the renewal can we use the same translations or would we need to have them done again by an someone based in the UK?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

If it is still the same documents that is not affected by time limit or validity, you can use same translation as was used before and accepted.

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Re: Are new translations needed?

Post by ReturningHome » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:26 am

Thank you for the prompt response

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Proof of spouse’s immigration status in the UK

Post by ReturningHome » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi,

We are applying to extend my wife’s spouse visa in the UK.

One of the documents required is ‘proof of mr Xs (mine) immigration status in the uk’.

Im a British National by birth.

I was planning to upload a scan of my passport. However, later in the documents section it says ‘any passports provided must be originals’.

It’s not clear to me whether I can submit a scan - and if so, if it must be witnessed by a professional.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Proof of spouse’s immigration status in the UK

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:36 pm

ReturningHome wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm
Hi,

We are applying to extend my wife’s spouse visa in the UK.

One of the documents required is ‘proof of mr Xs (mine) immigration status in the uk’.

Im a British National by birth.

I was planning to upload a scan of my passport. However, later in the documents section it says ‘any passports provided must be originals’.

It’s not clear to me whether I can submit a scan - and if so, if it must be witnessed by a professional.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Just scan your passport without any certification/notarisation and ignore what it says about original passport which perhaps an error.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of spouse’s immigration status in the UK

Post by ReturningHome » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Excellent. Thank you very much