ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BladeS8

Financial requirement for spouse visa extension using insurance

Post by BladeS8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 am

Hi all,

My husband is due to extend his spouse visa for the first time. He earns just below the financial requirement. I was earning a high salary but was made redundant after 12 years at the firm. I am claiming on the income protection insurance I have which would more that cover the financial requirement. However I wasn’t sure if the monthly payment from my income protection insurance to cover the period of when I’m not working due to redundancy and me finding a job would be counted? I don’t see why not but can’t find any information regarding this.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Thank you

Nikki

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Financial requirement for spouse visa extension using insurance

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:04 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 am
Hi all,

My husband is due to extend his spouse visa for the first time. He earns just below the financial requirement. I was earning a high salary but was made redundant after 12 years at the firm. I am claiming on the income protection insurance I have which would more that cover the financial requirement. However I wasn’t sure if the monthly payment from my income protection insurance to cover the period of when I’m not working due to redundancy and me finding a job would be counted? I don’t see why not but can’t find any information regarding this.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Thank you

Nikki
See
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members
Category C: Non-employment income – requirements
The following are sources of non-employment income which can be counted towards
the financial requirement under Category C:
• ongoing insurance payments

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 am

Very pertinent official quote has been brought forward by the previous member, however, alternatively you can combine cash savings with your partner's low income to cover the shortfall. Or if you manage to get a new job then can combine your all previous income with your partner's income under category B.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:03 am

Thank you very much both that’s great really appreciate the response.

Since my husband has been in th UK we have had twins so am I right the financial requirements is £24,800.

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:19 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:03 am
Thank you very much both that’s great really appreciate the response.

Since my husband has been in th UK we have had twins so am I right the financial requirements is £24,800.

Thanks

Nikki
Assuming you are settled with ILR or British national and if so then UK born children are British by birth and will be exempted from financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for that. I’m British born. Husband is from abroad. That’s good to know we only need to meet the £18,600 financial requirement.

Thanks

Nikki

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi all,

In regards to the ongoing insurance payments the income protection insurance pays out out for 12 months max or earlier if you find a job. We are planning on submitting the visa extension in Sept/Oct and the insurance will end in Feb next year if I don’t find a job earlier.

I was wanting to check this wasn’t going to be an issue to meet the “ongoing insurance payment” criteria. At the point of submitting the extension we will have around 6 months of insurance payments to show.

My husband also has a zero hour contract but does regular hours and regular income each month. Would this be an issue? He has worked for the same company since he arrived in the U.K.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:37 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:45 pm
Hi all,

In regards to the ongoing insurance payments the income protection insurance pays out out for 12 months max or earlier if you find a job. We are planning on submitting the visa extension in Sept/Oct and the insurance will end in Feb next year if I don’t find a job earlier.

I was wanting to check this wasn’t going to be an issue to meet the “ongoing insurance payment” criteria. At the point of submitting the extension we will have around 6 months of insurance payments to show.
As per the guidance the income till the date of application matters. Better to include a covering letter about it
BladeS8 wrote:
My husband also has a zero hour contract but does regular hours and regular income each month. Would this be an issue? He has worked for the same company since he arrived in the U.K.

Thanks
No issue as any type of contract/working pattern is allowed. If he has earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months or the months between October 2019 - March 2020 then his income (£9300) alone can meet the purpose without including the insurance payment payment.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:12 pm

Thanks for that really appreciate your response. I was planning on sending a covering letter to state that I was made redundant after 12 years when I returned from maternity leave and am receiving ongoing insurance payments until I find a job. I think my husband salary will be just under 9,300 for the last 6 months upto when we are going to submit and from sept 19 - March 2020. But I was being paid until end of Dec 19 so will be covered for the last period.

I also got 3 month salary and redundancy pay so hopefully enough savings too.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:29 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:12 pm
I also got 3 month salary and redundancy pay so hopefully enough savings too.
Cash savings must be held for at least 6 months.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi,

Yes at the time of submission I can show I had them for more than 6 months because it was the end of last year.

Thanks

Nikki

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:14 am

Hi,

In regards to the A2 English test for spouse visa extension is he doesn’t pass can be still apply for the extension before the deadline?

Husband English is quite good but I was just wondering what would actually happen if he didn’t pass.

Thanks

Nikki

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:27 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:14 am
Hi,

In regards to the A2 English test for spouse visa extension is he doesn’t pass can be still apply for the extension before the deadline?

Husband English is quite good but I was just wondering what would actually happen if he didn’t pass. If not meeting the English requirement, may be offered or switched to the 10 year route.

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:24 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:14 am
Hi,

Husband English is quite good but I was just wondering what would actually happen if he didn’t pass.

Thanks

Nikki
If he has at least an overseas bachelor degree then may consider it to get it assessed through Naric red route in lieu of sitting for English language test.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:44 pm

Thanks for your replies both he’s not got a degree let’s hope he passes the test!

Nikki

BladeS8

A2 test and first and middle name

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi,

Sorry in advance of this is a daft question. I’m booking my husband in for his A2 test at Trinity college Manchester online and it says if anything on the booking form doesn’t match his ID exactly he won’t be able to take his test and will lose the £150 fee. I therefore wanted to make sure I booked him in properly. It also states make sure if they have a middle name it is listed in the middle name field. The issue is with first name / middle name and the forms of id he has no field is noted as middle name.

On his Pakistan passport it says “given names” there are two names listed let’s say John Smith and then it’s his surname next to the surname field.

On his BRP it has one field that says name his surname is listed first and on a separate line John Smith.

On his UK driving licence it has his name e.g John Smith and on the back for that line 2. = first name.

I am therefore thinking I should leave middle name blank and put his first two names in the first name field.

Any thoughts on this ?

He is using his passport as ID and on that it states given names and has the two names. He’ll also take his BRP and UK driving licence.

Thanks

Nikki

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: A2 test and first and middle name

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:14 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm
Hi,

Sorry in advance of this is a daft question. I’m booking my husband in for his A2 test at Trinity college Manchester online and it says if anything on the booking form doesn’t match his ID exactly he won’t be able to take his test and will lose the £150 fee. I therefore wanted to make sure I booked him in properly. It also states make sure if they have a middle name it is listed in the middle name field. The issue is with first name / middle name and the forms of id he has no field is noted as middle name.

On his Pakistan passport it says “given names” there are two names listed let’s say John Smith and then it’s his surname next to the surname field.

On his BRP it has one field that says name his surname is listed first and on a separate line John Smith.

On his UK driving licence it has his name e.g John Smith and on the back for that line 2. = first name.

I am therefore thinking I should leave middle name blank and put his first two names in the first name field.

Any thoughts on this ?

He is using his passport as ID and on that it states given names and has the two names. He’ll also take his BRP and UK driving licence.

Thanks

Nikki
Keep it simple, it does not matter how many forms of ID he is going with to the test center, the registration for the A2 should match exactly the form of ID you have decided he is going to present on that day.
It is serious and could be refused entry on exam date if any such slight difference is detected.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Yes we know that but the problem is all his forms of ID nowhere does it refer to a middle name. The passport has a “given names” field and his name is on that line e.g John Smith. So if we put Smith in the test booking form as middle name and he take his passport as id migh they say no John Smith should have been entered in the first name field.

His uk driving licence states his first and second name on the same line and the description for that ok the back states first name. We’re confused.

Thanks

Nakash

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:42 pm
The passport has a “given names” field and his name is on that line e.g John Smith. So if we put Smith in the test booking form as middle name and he take his passport as id migh they say no John Smith should have been entered in the first name field.
It won't be an issue. In the example above 'Smith' can be entered as and would be deemed to be the middle name from the given names on the passport.

It has happened severally. Don't sweat it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

BladeS8

Spouse visa extension queries

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 am

Hi all,

My husbands spouse visa extension is due in Dec so we’ve started filling the form online and I thought it would be simple but a couple of questions have me concerned and we’re now thinking about getting a solicitor to help complete the form what do people think? I think it’s around £500-600.

Here are some of the questions were not sure about so far.

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? It’s a spouse visa so am assuming I should select family.

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

We’ve put yes as he has started his family life in the UK with his wife and twins daughters have been born here and his work is here.

We’ve also added our twins born in the UK as non applying as confirmed on this forum British children born of a british father or mother don’t apply as a dependent. Please correct if this is incorrect.

Provide details of the role you take in Sofia Ahmed's upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements

I take responsibility with my wife to take care of my children in all aspects of their upbringing. Is this enough or are they expecting chapter and verse?

If you left the UK, do you and your children have family or friends in the country you would return to?

Are we me at to put yes to this question because his Mum Dad and brother live in his birth country.

Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities ?

So we split the bills but we didn’t sort the admin out apart from the water bill which we recently changed. Is this going to matter ?

What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership? Are we ok to put Muslim ceremony Nikah

Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? We’ve put no as our life is here. We own our home our twins were born here work is here. Is this enough or are they expecting more?

It also says you can’t combine employment, other income and cash savings.

My husbands wage will be just below the threshold I am receiving ongoing insurance payments of £2k per month but I also have savings. Would it be best just to stick to employment and other income?

Are there any other income sources you would like to include towards maintenance?

Can I say yes then put cash savings as I had a redundancy payout ?

Would your children be affected if your application was refused? Not sure what they are expecting here obviously losing their father would be a major problem!

Any help would be appreciated even if it’s get ourselves a solicitor!

Thanks

Nikki

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa extension queries

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 am
Hi all,

My husbands spouse visa extension is due in Dec so we’ve started filling the form online and I thought it would be simple but a couple of questions have me concerned and we’re now thinking about getting a solicitor to help complete the form what do people think? I think it’s around £500-600. It is known on this forum that for a straightforward situation the form is simply enough for applicant to complete. The usage or not of a solicitor is your decision
E

Here are some of the questions were not sure about so far.

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? It’s a spouse visa so am assuming I should select family. Family or Either one you choose will be fine.

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

We’ve put yes as he has started his family life in the UK with his wife and twins daughters have been born here and his work is here.

We’ve also added our twins born in the UK as non applying as confirmed on this forum British children born of a british father or mother don’t apply as a dependent. Please correct if this is incorrect.

Provide details of the role you take in xxxxx xxxxx upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements

I take responsibility with my wife to take care of my children in all aspects of their upbringing. Is this enough or are they expecting chapter and verse?

If you left the UK, do you and your children have family or friends in the country you would return to?

Are we me at to put yes to this question because his Mum Dad and brother live in his birth country.

Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities ?

So we split the bills but we didn’t sort the admin out apart from the water bill which we recently changed. Is this going to matter ?

What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership? Are we ok to put Muslim ceremony Nikah

Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? We’ve put no as our life is here. We own our home our twins were born here work is here. Is this enough or are they expecting more?

My husbands wage will be just below the threshold I am receiving ongoing insurance payments of £2k per month but I also have savings. Would it be best just to stick to employment and other income?

Are there any other income sources you would like to include towards maintenance?

Would your children be affected if your application was refused? Not sure what they are expecting here obviously losing their father would be a major problem! Yes and tell how

Any help would be appreciated even if it’s get ourselves a solicitor!

Thanks

Nikki
The questions are not trick, answer them truthfully as it applies to you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:05 am

BladeS8 wrote:

All above can be combined, however, if possible (sufficient) then only combine employment with cash savings to get involved the lesser paper work.
BladeS8 wrote:
May be this question is referring to those who are exempted from financial requirement and are relying on adequate maintenance.
BladeS8 wrote:
If by relying on above, you can meet the financial requirement, then you can omit that.

Also your all remaining questions are self explanatory which you will have to truthfully answer.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am

Yes thank you we will answer truthfully I’m just worried one sentence or paragraph isn’t going to be enough I guess solicitors have standard stuff they they put in these sections. Our application is straightforward I may have job offer before we submit so hopefully that will make it even more stronger. I just didn’t want to put the wrong thing.

Also any advice on the bills situation as I think we only have one bill joint and did this recently we just didn’t get round to sorting this admin obviously he has his phone bill UK driving licence work and everything else at our address.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am
Also any advice on the bills situation as I think we only have one bill joint and did this recently we just didn’t get round to sorting this admin obviously he has his phone bill UK driving licence work and everything else at our address.
Apart of the documents being joint named, any letter from credible sources in sole name can also be provided.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:34 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Hi,

We are in the process of submitting the online form and have noticed it says
Documentation from the insurance company confirming that in the 12 months prior to the date of application the person has been in receipt of insurance payments and the amount and frequency of the payments, confirming the reason for the payments and their expected duration, and confirming that, provided any relevant terms and conditions continue to be met, the payment(s) will continue for at least the 12 months following the date of application - for Mrs XX for Ongoing insurance payments.

The insurance payments will not continue for the next 12 months following application. Is this going to be a problem. Do I need to switch and say the criteria can be met by cash savings? I think if me and my husband banks accounts and his salary will cover it.

Thanks

Nikki