ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Skeleton
Iran

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 pm

M555 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:20 pm
Skeleton wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:04 pm
Applied on 3rd of july, sent documents to CW on 16th july, IDV app on 4th of Sep and no news since then.

Booked an appointment for 5/10
Same dates of submission and email documents and IDV . No response . Booked appointment on 24/9.

Do you have any update yet?

I booked for 5/10 but will to book an earlier appointment if there is.

Has anyone got an access to booking slots? I want to check if there is any availability in london?

M555

Post by M555 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 pm
M555 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
Applied on 3rd of july, sent documents to CW on 16th july, IDV app on 4th of Sep and no news since then.

Same dates of submission and email documents and IDV . No response . Booked appointment on 24/9.

Has anyone got an access to booking slots? I want to check if there is any availability in london?
Nothing yet. Completed in person biometrics on 24/09/20. I hope to get something in next few days . If biometric was the only hurdle, I have cleared it. If they have any other outstanding queries, I don’t know.
I will be 3 month from submission in a week.
I have not been contacted by home office for any further queries or documents except generic delay emails.
I think the pace of decision differs from person to person handling your case in HO. Even the IDV access was not in staggered date wise fashion as promised.
Waiting in a queue patiently is one of the qualities we are expected to develop as life in the UK. 😀

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:55 pm

M555 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 pm
Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 pm
M555 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:

Nothing yet. Completed in person biometrics on 24/09/20. I hope to get something in next few days . If biometric was the only hurdle, I have cleared it. If they have any other outstanding queries, I don’t know.
I will be 3 month from submission in a week.
I have not been contacted by home office for any further queries or documents except generic delay emails.
I think the pace of decision differs from person to person handling your case in HO. Even the IDV access was not in staggered date wise fashion as promised.
Waiting in a queue patiently is one of the qualities we are expected to develop as life in the UK. 😀

Good luck

I wish i could book FtF appointment sooner

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm

I contacted ukvcas if they have passed my idv id check to ukvi and they have confirmed they did it.

Quick question

How can I check with ukvi if they have my biometric?

I’ve seen happened to an applicant Who has submitted by idv app but ukvi denied receiving it

M555

Post by M555 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:12 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm
I contacted ukvcas if they have passed my idv id check to ukvi and they have confirmed they did it.

Quick question

I’ve seen happened to an applicant Who has submitted by idv app but ukvi denied receiving it
I don’t think there is a way to know that. I subscribed for sms service from UKVCAS for 2GBP. Received sms late evening that my information has been submitted. UKVCAS says that they submit biometrics and other information to UKVI within 24 hours of appointment.
@appointment . I think you should stick to 05/10/20 . If you cancel it to book new , you might risk missing this one and may find much later appointment. Anyway 5th is also not far and you might not achieve much by submitting 4-5 days earlier .

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 pm

M555 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:12 pm
Skeleton wrote:

Quick question

I don’t think there is a way to know that. I subscribed for sms service from UKVCAS for 2GBP. Received sms late evening that my information has been submitted. UKVCAS says that they submit biometrics and other information to UKVI within 24 hours of appointment.
@appointment . I think you should stick to 05/10/20 . If you cancel it to book new , you might risk missing this one and may find much later appointment. Anyway 5th is also not far and you might not achieve much by submitting 4-5 days earlier .

That is the only reason I’m not canceling my current appointment. But still 9 days left to my appointment.

Ukvcas confirmed submitting my info but ukvi needs to confirm. A guy was complaining on twitter over this when heard ukvi didn’t receive his biometric.

And of course like everyone else, passing a stressful time and have a business meeting abroad.

M555

Post by M555 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 pm
M555 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:

Quick question

That is the only reason I’m not canceling my current appointment. But still 9 days left to my appointment.

Ukvcas confirmed submitting my info but ukvi needs to confirm. A guy was complaining on twitter over this when heard ukvi didn’t receive his biometric.

And of course like everyone else, passing a stressful time and have a business meeting abroad.
Some people has reported receiving decisions after IDV submission whilst waiting for in person biometrics. You might get a decision before your appointment. But if they have any outstanding issues except biometrics, you might not get decision soon even after in person biometric submission.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 pm

M555 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:37 pm
Skeleton wrote:
M555 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:

Quick question

Some people has reported receiving decisions after IDV submission whilst waiting for in person biometrics. You might get a decision before your appointment. But if they have any outstanding issues except biometrics, you might not get decision soon even after in person biometric submission.

True
I hope my decision is just sitting there for biometric

I can’t handle it any more

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm

bubbly123 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:48 am
Hi Guys, I received a email today morning that ILR is successful.
Application type: Set O- Tier 1- Ent
Date applied: 30-03-2020
IDV submission : 03-09-2020
in person biometric: 15-09-2020 did dual submission
Approval received: 26-09-2020.

Not sure dual submission worked or not, I will update after receiving the Biometric card!

Thankyou so much for the helpful members and moderators in this board.
Congratulations dear, can I please ask, have you got your dependent’s approval at the same time ? I am still waiting for my dependent’s approval.
Many thanks

M555

Post by M555 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 pm
M555 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
M555 wrote:

True

Just found following text on UKVI service standards

If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next.

Completed 12 weeks yesterday. Feels re-assuring as have not received any Specific letter of complex application. But it is so easy for them to blame Covid to breach service standards.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:16 pm

@M555

Read your previous posts. Very sensible. Seems like you have very closely followed the whole science of biometrics.. I hope you get a very quick decision by Monday!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:45 pm

M555 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:45 pm
Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 pm
M555 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:

True

Just found following text on UKVI service standards

If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next.

Completed 12 weeks yesterday. Feels re-assuring as have not received any Specific letter of complex application. But it is so easy for them to blame Covid to breach service standards.
And 12 weeks from submission, right?
I applied on 3rd of july and my 12 weeks was on last friday, didn’t get anything from my lawyer.

I hope you get a decision very soon.

And as many got their decisions By Idv app before their Ftf appointment, I hope I’d get it too by coming week.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 pm

Wasn’t it in one of the last flash messages, they mentioned ukvi will get to us within the next two weeks for applicants who submitted through idv app?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:37 am

Skeleton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 pm
Wasn’t it in one of the last flash messages, they mentioned ukvi will get to us within the next two weeks for applicants who submitted through idv app?
They took a U-turn on that..
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:31 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:37 am
Skeleton wrote:

The only good news i saw was that and yet they don’t disappoint us in disappointing

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:18 am

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm
bubbly123 wrote:

Not sure dual submission worked or not, I will update after receiving the Biometric card!

Congratulations dear, can I please ask, have you got your dependent’s approval at the same time ? I am still waiting for my dependent’s approval.
Many thanks
Yes approval received for main applicant and dependent.

M555

Post by M555 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:16 pm
@M555

Read your previous posts. Very sensible. Seems like you have very closely followed the whole science of biometrics.. I hope you get a very quick decision by Monday!!
Thanks CULLINAN. I have obsessively followed this forum silently for last few weeks. Learned a lot from your posts and many other contributors.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:01 am

bubbly123 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:18 am
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm
bubbly123 wrote:

Many thanks
Yes approval received for main applicant and dependent.
That’s great, congratulations again, is there anyway I can contact HO, it’s very unusual in our case, I received ilr but still waiting for dependant’s decision?

Pat01
Newly Registered
Papua New Guinea

Post by Pat01 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:19 am

Skeleton wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:31 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:37 am
Skeleton wrote:

The only good news i saw was that and yet they don’t disappoint us in disappointing
Yes, I saw that too and luckily I took a screenshot and also captured the whole page as a .pdf. It was part of a UKVCAS flash message which was published on 19th September. It was removed from the web site about two days later:

QUOTE:

UKVCAS cannot provide any status updates about your application once it has been submitted to UKVI.
The unprecedented impacts of COVID-19 has meant that UKVI have been unable to maintain their usual service standards for all applications made in the UK.
UKVI understands that this means some applicants are waiting longer for a decision.
UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application.

(my emphasis).

END OF QUOTE

There's currently a call by the Independent Chief Inspector for Borders, David Bolt, for evidence about "front end services" (FES) . He is looking into the FES activities of the UKVI and its commercial partners, including UKVCAS/Sopra Steria. His call for submissions closes on 1st October. I've already made a submission mentioning, inter alia, the lack of any feedback by UKVI on the progress of applications, and I've also included a .pdf of the entire 19th September website message from UKVCAS/Sopra Steria about providing an update on our applications within 2 weeks. It is so unfair to give an undertaking such as this and then to keep us all dangling on the hook.

Here's the link in case you want to make your own submission to the Chief Inspector:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call ... d-services

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am

Hi Fellows,

I received ILR approval email today morning. Below are my application timelines.

Application type: Set O- (T1 Exceptional Talent)
Date applied: 04-06-2020
IDV submission : 29-08-2020
In person biometric: 23-09-2020 (did dual submission)
Approval received: 27-09-2020 (8:45am)

Thanks to Cullinan and experts for the discussion and advice. Ahmed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:14 am

ahmed32111 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am
Hi Fellows,

I received ILR approval email today morning. Below are my application timelines.

Congratulations Ahmed.. 🥳 Good to see approvals come on a Sunday also...

ben2019
Newly Registered

Post by ben2019 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:16 am

ahmed32111 wrote:
Hi Fellows,

Congratulations. It seems many set o T1 got decisions during the weekend.

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:30 am

ben2019 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:16 am
ahmed32111 wrote:
Hi Fellows,

Congratulations. It seems many set o T1 got decisions during the weekend.
Thanks Cullinan and Ben2019.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 am

My decision came almost two weeks ago. Can someone please advise, how to chase HO for my dependant’s decision ?
Many thanks

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 am
My decision came almost two weeks ago. Can someone please advise, how to chase HO for my dependant’s decision ?
Many thanks
Have you received your Biometric? If not check the email address you gave for dependent application. For us we gave same email address for both applicants.