ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(o) Where in the form will it ask for evidence of cohabitaiton?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

William the Conker
Newly Registered
Canada

Set(o) Where in the form will it ask for evidence of cohabitaiton?

Post by William the Conker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:58 am

Hello all,

My dependant and I are completing our ILR app (5 year Tier 2 route).

I have read about the need to include evidence of cohabitation but the online application has not yet asked us for anything about cohabitation in the checklist that has been generated in Step 4 of the application ("4. Documents"). I can see that there are further steps in the app, but I don't think I can view them until we pay, which we don't want to do until we are ready to apply (we need to pass our LitUK test first).

Could someone tell us what the later steps of the application ("7. Further Actions") ask for so we can begin compiling our evidence now? Or, have we done something wrong and the system should already have asked us for evidence of cohabitation?

Thanks very much in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set(o) Where in the form will it ask for evidence of cohabitaiton?

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:58 am

Checklist is not accurate always.

Cohabitation documents are not generated in the checklist.

You have to follow the immigration rules as the final say.

For your dependent: You have to provide cohabitation documents from 3/4 different sources evenly spread for the last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months. Ideally in joint names. Otherwise, top it up with documents in individual names but same address.

After you pay, further actions page, will tell you to book an appointment via UKVCAS, download checklist and completed PDF online form for your own records.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

William the Conker
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by William the Conker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Thank you both very much.

Cullinan: are those details about the number of different sources (3-6) and the frequency (3-4 per year) spelled out in any guidance? I have not been able to find it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Your partner doesn't qualify for ilr yet.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-o-tier-2 ... l#p1941645
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.