ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent documents and funds

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switch from Tier2 to ILR dependent

Post by anu3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi,
I am looking for some guidance. I have got a valid tier2 general visa till next year end but would like to switch to my husband’s ILR dependent Visa soon. We are married and in UK together for more than 3 years now. He was initially on my Tier2 dependent visa until he got his ILR. Will there be any problem if I apply to switch when I still have got Tier2 visa till next year end. Looking forward for some advise.

Regards,
Anu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Tier2 to ILR dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:02 pm

If you switch to FLR M spouse visa, your 5 year ilr clock resets to zero. You won't be able to apply for ilr based on 5 years tier 2
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anu3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Thank you for your reply. I can wait for another 5 year on ILR dependent visa, that’s okay, but will my application get rejected for ILR dependent as I still have got Tier2 general visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:31 pm

but will my application get rejected for ILR dependent as I still have got Tier2 general visa.
No, not if you meet all the FLR M requirements. It is irrelevant what visa you hold when you switch to a FLR M spouse visa. You simply must meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR dependent documents and funds

Post by anu3 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi,

My husband has got his ILR and I would like to apply for a dependent visa. What documents do I need for submission and does my husband need to have any funds in his bank account while sending his bank statements to the home office. Thanks in advance :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependent documents and funds

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm

Topics merged!!
What documents do I need for submission and does my husband need to have any funds in his bank account while sending his bank statements to the home office.

There is NO maintenance funds requirement for an FLR(M) spouse visa.

You need to meet the English A1 IELTS Life SKills requirement.
You need to meet the income requirement, ie. £18,600pa (more if you have non British children), with a minimum of 6 months payslips and bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anu3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Thank you. Can I use online bank statements due to COVID 19 situations?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:21 pm

anu3 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:26 pm
yes if these are a replica of original without pacifically marked as "online"
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:30 pm

anu3 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:26 pm
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Official guidance seems outdated (despite verbatimed with its new version) in terms of not being synched with ukvcas/steria sopra guidance, which does allow online documents provided in acceptable format such as pdf etc
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Provided the statements are on official bank stationery, they would appear to meet the provisions of Appendix FM-SE regardless of whether it's a PDF statement provided online or a paper statement sent in the post. The electronic bank statement provisions (i.e. a letter or stamped pages) would appear to be applicable where these are not provided on official stationery.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Hardly there is any bank in now a days which doesn't issue their e-statements on their official stationary despite very few ones who mark these pacifically as "online copy". In that case of course these need to be stamped or accompanied along with a letter confirming their authenticity. Also a lot of banks gets agreed to send you their official e-statement via their app.

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anu3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

Thank you for all the reply. Do I need to take any English language tests or can I use my diploma from UK to prove English language knowledge.

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anu3 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi, I was doing my application where they ask a letter from a relative or friends declaring that we used to live with them for some or all of the 2 years? Is this letter essential and is there any format or necessary statements we need to make in that letter? If someone could help me to clear my doubt please.

Thanks in advance :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:42 pm

anu3 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Hi, I was doing my application where they ask a letter from a relative or friends declaring that we used to live with them for some or all of the 2 years? Is this letter essential and is there any format or necessary statements we need to make in that letter? If someone could help me to clear my doubt please.

Such letter doesn't carry any weight because can be written by anyone and can't overshadow the need of cohabitation evidences.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:42 pm
anu3 wrote:

Such letter doesn't carry any weight because can be written by anyone and can't overshadow the need of cohabitation evidences.
If HO is requesting it, it's quite possible they will consider it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:13 pm

anu3 wrote:

If they've requested it, then you could say they want to see it.

If the below is what they've requested on the online form, then it is pretty straightforward. The relative or friend just need to confirm the period you lived with them in writing. A simple, signed letter stating that should be fine.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please
provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:42 pm
anu3 wrote:

If HO is requesting it, it's quite possible they will consider it.
It isn't being asked by the HO pacifically rather the online application form is asking, the same also still ask the original passport and plenty of other generic information. Also as stated stated earlier it wont substitute the need of 2 years of cohabitation evidences.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm
It isn't being asked by the HO pacifically rather the online application form is asking, the same also still ask the original passport and plenty of other generic information. Also as stated stated earlier it wont substitute the need of 2 years of cohabitation evidences.
Who is responsible for the online application form?

Are you really advising the OP to disregard the letter the application process asks them to provide, and one they would most probably have had to tick a box saying they will provide?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:52 pm
seagul wrote:

Are you really advising the OP to disregard the letter the application process asks them to provide, and one they would most probably have had to tick a box saying they will provide?
Nope. What I am emphasising is that the application form and the checklist aren't the real indicators of what actually is required, since the official guidance is still unchanged. Also bizarrely, a lot of members have even reported of not being asked in supplying the cohabitation evidences at all despite the fact that they will have to.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:01 pm
Korekt wrote:
seagul wrote:

Nope. What I am emphasising is that the application form and the checklist aren't the real indicators of what actually is required, since the official guidance is still unchanged. Also bizarrely, a lot of members have even reported of not being asked in supplying the cohabitation evidences at all despite the fact that they will have to.
And in the case where it was specifically asked then it should be provided.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:27 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 am
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:01 pm
Korekt wrote:
seagul wrote:

And in the case where it was specifically asked then it should be provided.
No harm in providing that without offsetting the requirement of cohabitation evidences same as repeatedly said earlier. Ironically, one member is recently being asked while filling the same application form to supply the original passport. Should he send it in original??

immigration-for-family-members/proof-of ... 06663.html

anu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anu3 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi,
In my application, it says about a financial sponsor. Should there be any financial sponsor? I work full time so will it be me or my husband? I am really confused. I would really appreciate if someone could help me to clarify this.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:42 pm

anu3 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Hi,
In my application, it says about a financial sponsor. Should there be any financial sponsor? I work full time so will it be me or my husband? I am really confused. I would really appreciate if someone could help me to clarify this.
Thanks
Can you state the question or reference about financial sponsor so as to put it in contest as applicants can qualify in their own rights as regards finances

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:36 pm

anu3 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Hi,
Thanks
If that question isn't pacifically referring to third party whilst starts asking about payslips then most likely relevant to you or your partner. In that case, simply reply/select accordingly.