ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashu24
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Ashu24 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello ,

I would be grateful for your advise for my partner

She was plannng to apply for SET (LR) based on her 10 year route (last 2 years as my partner visa, while her other previous visa categories included Student visa, Tier 2 and Visitor visa) - I am currently having ILR status based on 5 year Tier 2 route.

Her partner visa is expiring is Dec 2020.

If i send application for ILR via post - it says that can take upto 6 months for processing.

1) Unfortunately, looks like priority service appointments for a faster application processing is suspended. Is that correct ?

2) I am concerned that if the ILR application is refused for any reason and the decision comes after her visa expired - then would I have the option of applying to extend her partner visa or will that not be permitted given that her partner visa date has passed.

I am unsure whether I will have an option of applying under new category (partner visa extension) if her ILR visa application is refused - as the visa date would have expired by then.

Or would it be better to apply for partner visa extension now and think about ILR next year? I am not sure of processing time period for partner extension visa?

Could you kindly advise.
Thanks again
Regards
Ashu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm

There is no postal application process. She has to apply online and upload documents digitally.

1. Correct.

2. She will likely be given appeal rights anyway. Why do you believe there is a risk of refusal? Long residence ilr is straight forward, you either meet the requirements or you don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.