ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application - Referee requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

engineer86
Canada

Naturalisation Application - Referee requirement

Post by engineer86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi all,
I'm hoping to complete my application in the next couple of weeks. My first referee is a friend who is a native born British citizen and also a professional person. For the professional reference, I have asked one of my friends who works for the local government (council). My second referee is an EU citizen with the settled status. He has also known me for almost 5 years now. However before I complete my application, I would like to have the following issues clarified.

1. The second referee (i.e. the professional referee) works for the local council in a permanent position. Is that classed as a civil servant? He works in an low/mid level administrative role.

2. I currently live in a shared accommodation, i.e in a HMO. My second referee happens to be one of the tenants in the house. Can a referee be a resident at the same address, as the applicant?

I would be grateful if anyone could offer some perspectives here.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Application - Referee requirement

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.