ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*URGENT* Spouse settlement visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leicester_boy
Mood:

Re: *URGENT* Spouse settlement visa refused

Post by leicester_boy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Thanks all for the advice and my apologies for the delayed reply.

As correctly mentioned by JB007, having £62.5k in my father's account will mean his welfare benefits will go for a toss, hence he's not keen on this route.

My father has a settled life in the UK and he has family and friends here so he's not looking to move to USA or any other country. At 74 he will struggle to start afresh.

We have lodged an appeal and will be putting forth our points in relation to exceptional circumstances based on his medical condition i.e. he is unable to re-locate to other country and due to his age he's unable to secure full time employment to satisfy the requirement of £18.6k.

We have medical letters from GP and hospital to corroborate our claim along with strong 3rd party support from my brother. Also, due to Covid he is a high risk to travel anywhere at present.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:15 pm

leicester_boy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm
Thanks all for the advice and my apologies for the delayed reply.

As correctly mentioned by JB007, having £62.5k in my father's account will mean his welfare benefits will go for a toss, hence he's not keen on this route.

My father has a settled life in the UK and he has family and friends here so he's not looking to move to USA or any other country. At 74 he will struggle to start afresh.

We have lodged an appeal and will be putting forth our points in relation to exceptional circumstances based on his medical condition i.e. he is unable to re-locate to other country and due to his age he's unable to secure full time employment to satisfy the requirement of £18.6k.

We have medical letters from GP and hospital to corroborate our claim along with strong 3rd party support from my brother. Also, due to Covid he is a high risk to travel anywhere at present.
Good luck for him. I understand that at 74 years old, relocating internationally or starting fresh somewhere else is a bit difficult.

Please keep us updated. This case is very interesting.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 pm

[/quote]

Good luck for him. I understand that at 74 years old, relocating internationally or starting fresh somewhere else is a bit difficult.

Please keep us updated. This case is very interesting.
[/quote]

Thanks. I will post the outcome, albeit I guess we are looking upto a year before the appeal will be heard before the judge.