ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shaaz2029

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:48 pm

bubbly123 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:39 pm
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 am
My decision came almost two weeks ago. Can someone please advise, how to chase HO for my dependant’s decision ?
Many thanks
Have you received your Biometric? If not check the email address you gave for dependent application. For us we gave same email address for both applicants.
Yes I have received my biometrics card. We also used the same email address for both applicants. You have any advice for me please, I really need helpful advice.
Many thanks

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 pm
MKC wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:53 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 pm
@MKC

Consider dual submission if possible for you. It may work for you.
Thanks Cullinan. I booked an appointment for the 2nd of October after following your advice on dual submissions. I tried to book as late as possible in case decisions pour in soon, but have little hope on that after seeing the low number of SET-M decisions.
Also, my case is a little complicated so I am not sure if I would get a fast decision. I haven't received those generic "your case is complicated" email, maybe it is not as complicated as I thought :D
Fingers crossed. Hope you get a quicker decision even before 2nd or just right after that!
Hopefully! Many thanks for your guidance and support in this crazy process :)

Kimlisa
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Kimlisa » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi there,

Just tell everyone that I got the prove letter today after I attended the physical bio submitting on 18th September (dual submitting).

Application date: 27th August 2020
Fingerprints reuse email: 4th September 2020
IDV and document submitting: 7th September 2020
Physical bio appointment: 18th September 2020
Decision email received: 27th September 2020

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Kimlisa wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:39 pm
Hi there,

Just tell everyone that I got the prove letter today after I attended the physical bio submitting on 18th September (dual submitting).

Application date: 27th August 2020
Fingerprints reuse email: 4th September 2020
IDV and document submitting: 7th September 2020
Physical bio appointment: 18th September 2020
Decision email received: 27th September 2020
Given you are a Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR its a VERY quick decision. Congrats!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kimlisa
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Kimlisa » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Thank you Cullinan!
I had a very difficult time during the extension. Anyway thanks very much for the people who contribute to this board! It’s really helpful.
Hope others can get their approval soon!

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi for tier 4 visa does any know how long after IDV submission to hear back? (No dual submission)

Really stressed!

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:49 pm

RIYER wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi for tier 4 visa does any know how long after IDV submission to hear back? (No dual submission)

Really stressed!

Thanks
Why did you not consider going for a dual submission given your urgency??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Just a quick question. is there a difference in receiving a delay email because of covid and a delay email because the complexity of the application or they are they same. also on right to work website i know you can only check if your BRP is valid, does BRP number change or does it stays the same if the application is approved.

joe2jube
Newly Registered

Post by joe2jube » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi everyone
I have been following this platform for some time, and am really impressed with the good information and knowledge coming from members and moderators here.

My application is for flr m on the 15/06/20 and did idv on 08/09/2020 (got the idv invite on 07/09/20)
I have booked a f2f appointment for tomorrow hoping that it may speed the decision. Pray for me please
It may or it may not. It’s free appointment by the way......
Will update the house after tomorrow.....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:11 pm

joe2jube wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:06 pm
Hi everyone
I have been following this platform for some time, and am really impressed with the good information and knowledge coming from members and moderators here.

My application is for flr m on the 15/06/20 and did idv on 08/09/2020 (got the idv invite on 07/09/20)
I have booked a f2f appointment for tomorrow hoping that it may speed the decision. Pray for me please
It may or it may not. It’s free appointment by the way......
Will update the house after tomorrow.....
Good luck.. keep us posted...Best wishes..

joe2jube
Newly Registered

Post by joe2jube » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Guggi wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:47 pm
Just a quick question. is there a difference in receiving a delay email because of covid and a delay email because the complexity of the application or they are they same. also on right to work website i know you can only check if your BRP is valid, does BRP number change or does it stays the same if the application is approved.
Am not very sure. I think it’s a generic delay email they send no matter the reason. The Covid-19 blah blah blah is now added to almost every email or information they put out

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Guggi wrote:
Also on right to work website i know you can only check if your BRP is valid, does BRP number change or does it stays the same if the application is approved.
Not sure for other visa routes but my husband's new BRP (FLR M) has a different number. The old brp number was showing as expired, lost etc when inputted on the website.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:45 am

My case is very much similar. Submitted my biometrics on idv 3weeks back and no response. So decided to book an appointment and enrolled it on 25/sep.
However my father is very very sick (in India) and I need to travel within this week.

Could anyone confirm the right person to escalate my case as I'm really worried about my father's condition.
I'm bit nervous about withdrawing my application though.,😥😩

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:10 am

Vasanthram prakasam wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:45 am
My case is very much similar. Submitted my biometrics on idv 3weeks back and no response. So decided to book an appointment and enrolled it on 25/sep.
However my father is very very sick (in India) and I need to travel within this week.

Could anyone confirm the right person to escalate my case as I'm really worried about my father's condition.
You may try email cih@homeoffice.gov.uk. I did it 3 times as I need an urgent operation abroad. I did get IDV app invitation after the second email. But I haven't received a decision so far...

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 am

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:45 am

Hi

Try this WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk, better to contact them with medical certificate.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try them both. Will keep you posted if that works.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:46 am

4 weeks since IDV submission today and 2 weeks since in person appointment, I think people who got their decision quicker after in person surely had an interim decision made on their applications, others still waiting might not have had the applications looked at or still waiting on checks I guess

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:48 am

Tubz wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm
Hello,

Finally i have got a decision.

Applied April 5, used IDV app for biometrics Aug 22, No decision so i booked in-person appointment Sept 16 in Birmingham free slot, No decision still. I called HO and they said i should wait till 5th Oct to escalate, then it will be 6 months.

Someone on page 273 on this forum said he paid £5.95 on UKVI website for enquiry and they sent him his approval.
I said well, £5 will not hurt my pocket so i tried. Mind you, if you say you did your application in the UK the website will direct you to UKVI phone number, but if you click the option that your application was done outside UK then you will be able to submit your enquiry.

I did this yesterday afternoon at 2pm and in the explanation box, i stated i applied inside the UK and my application is almost 6 months.

This morning at about 8am i got my approval letter.

Mind you, this route may not work for new applicants, my application is almost 6 months and it is very straight forward. For anyone that applied in April you may try this enquiry system, its just £5.95.
Also, dual submission may not even work for those who applied in April regarding quick decisions, just my experience.

Now, moving on to Naturalisation as i was a set M applicant. Cant wait to get off this HO/Immigration application bus..

Goodluck to those still waiting. This forum is filled with loads of info. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences.
I tried this last week and received a response from staff saying "please contact the following department, as I can only provide guidance/information on visa applications made from outside the UK." I think this might not work for everyone and you may just pay £5 for free.

I rang uk visa and immigration centre 03001232241 this morning to explain my current situation. Then he raised my case to a caseworker and provided me the reference number. He said it could take up to 10 working days for the reply. If I don't hear anything back, ring them again with reference number.

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:52 am

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try them both. Will keep you posted if that works.
You can try to ring 0300 123 2241 this number and explain your situtation. I rang this morning and staff raised the case to caseworker for me with referene case number.

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 am

Hi Experts. Quick one:

How long does the HO take to update the BRP info on the website?

Please advise. Thanks.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am

ahmed32111 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 am
Hi Experts. Quick one:

Please advise. Thanks.
Congratulations! For BRP info, it is really random. Few have mentioned it is updated before they have received the approval email and few were saying it is at the same time as the approval email and for you have got the email and it is not updated yet. Also for some this was not working at all and we were trying to figure out if this because their BRP expired while they were waiting for decision but again this was not the case. So it is one of many other random things in this process.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 am

ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 pm
Guggi wrote:
Also on right to work website i know you can only check if your BRP is valid, does BRP number change or does it stays the same if the application is approved.
Not sure for other visa routes but my husband's new BRP (FLR M) has a different number. The old brp number was showing as expired, lost etc when inputted on the website.
Thank you for the response, then i guess we just have to wait for decision email rather than checking right to work website ...

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:21 am

joe2jube wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm
Guggi wrote:
Am not very sure. I think it’s a generic delay email they send no matter the reason. The Covid-19 blah blah blah is now added to almost every email or information they put out
That is so true, covid is mentioned in each update at ukvcas/ukvi updates, cant really figure out decision making process / appointment booking / delay emails etc etc

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:28 am

My personal understanding following this forum for months now, some of applicants got much quicker responses during aug/sept these were applications made in aug mostly when they were introducing IDV, however with in person appointment they managed to get ahead while HO was still managing how to process
IDV application hence they made quicker decision or in some cases dual submission, now that things are (as they say) are back to normal the standard decision making time would be pretty much the same, i do not see any quick decision following in as compared to month of aug, early sept.

The pace have certainly gone down, backlog from march-july plus idv making confusion now it will be longer till we see decisions pouring in. i hope i am wrong and we all get quick decisions

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:30 am

Ameline wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am
ahmed32111 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 am
Hi Experts. Quick one:

Please advise. Thanks.
Congratulations! For BRP info, it is really random. Few have mentioned it is updated before they have received the approval email and few were saying it is at the same time as the approval email and for you have got the email and it is not updated yet. Also for some this was not working at all and we were trying to figure out if this because their BRP expired while they were waiting for decision but again this was not the case. So it is one of many other random things in this process.
Thanks for the explanation Ameline :)