ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue when uploading referee declaration forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Porphyrio
Newly Registered

Place/country of birth of parents

Post by Porphyrio » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Hello. I have a question about the place/country of birth of both my parents. That place has changed name in their lifetime (and was also part of different states...)

Should I put: a) the state and the relevant form of the town then, or rather b) the current one. I’ve checked the guidance but it’s silent on that.

Many thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Place/country of birth of parents

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Porphyrio wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Hello. I have a question about the place/country of birth of both my parents. That place has changed name in their lifetime (and was also part of different states...)

Should I put: a) the state and the relevant form of the town then, or rather b) the current one. I’ve checked the guidance but it’s silent on that.

Many thanks in advance
Best to use the name which is on their official travel document/official documents (if any), otherwise,
Does not matter really.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Porphyrio
Newly Registered

Post by Porphyrio » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Many thanks. I thought so. It seems a detail of marginal importance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Porphyrio wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:02 pm
Many thanks. I thought so. It seems a detail of marginal importance.
I understand the reason UKVI ask about this is that some applicants may already be British on account of their parents, but may not realise it. As it's not marked optional we'll have to fill it in - in my case both my parents were born in their then home country part of which is now in another country. as @ CULLINAN said not important (in most cases).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:56 pm

When doing my application, I put in the name of the birth city of my parents as it was when they were born. And for me I put its current name, and in parenthesis old name.
Then later I found some guidance - but not about naturalisation process, about UK passport - where it stated that place of birth in UK passport should be stated as it is "now" (at the moment passport is issued).
In my naturalisation certificate and UK passport I have current name (of both city and country where I was born)
In fact, as for country, I think when I was opening a scroll down window in the application there was even no option for old name, only for current one.

Porphyrio
Newly Registered

Issue when uploading referee declaration forms

Post by Porphyrio » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Greetings,

I’ve just submitted my citizenship application via EU Settlement Scheme/ILR 1 year.

Upon completing that, the page said that declaration forms for both referees must be included “when you provide your documents”

I then successfully created a UKVCAS account, but the upload page doesn’t have a section for that. Under the heading 'mandatory', there are just three items: 1) passport , 2) speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, and 3) Evidence that I’have been in the UK lawfully.

I've checked the 'Optional documents' section, but it doesn’t say anything about referees: the closest match is Sponsors /employment.

Is there a specific section where I should upload the scans? Any clue?

Many thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Issue when uploading referee declaration forms

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:22 pm

Upload in “other”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:29 pm

Porphyrio wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm
Greetings,

I’ve just submitted my citizenship application via EU Settlement Scheme/ILR 1 year.
Hi there,
I am also about to submit my naturalization application via Eu Settlement Scheme/ILR 1 year (family member), I was wondering if you had to send your BRP or passport to the home office. Also as I had to submit biometrics for the settled status not long ago I was wondering if they will use the same info or if I need to submit biometrics again?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Please start your own thread rather than tagging on to an existing.

You upload scans of all your documents including passport/BRP - no originals are submitted.
UKVI require biometrics for every new application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.