ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set O - Are cohabitation documents mandatory

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gag285
Member of Standing
India

ILR Set O - Are cohabitation documents mandatory

Post by gag285 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 pm

I am in the process of applying for ILR using Set O with my spouse as dependent. I have collected documents per a checklist given to me by my employer's immigration consultants. This list however does not include anything related to cohabitation. When I look at my online application, they are in the documents category. Am I missing something? I did ask my consultants but they are playing the wait game with me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set O - Are cohabitation documents mandatory

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 pm

You need to provide 2 years evidence of cohabitation (proving subsisting relationship as stated in the immigration rules). You need items in joint names or addressed to each of you individually, from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Thank you CR001. I have just received an apology from the consultant saying they forgot to tell me.

For anyone's benefit please even if you go through solicitors (even if somebody else is paying for it), do your own research. I am against making sweeping statements but for the record, my immigration consultants are rubbish and yes they are in the big 4.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 pm

gag285 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:11 pm
Thank you CR001. I have just received an apology from the consultant saying they forgot to tell me.

For anyone's benefit please even if you go through solicitors (even if somebody else is paying for it), do your own research. I am against making sweeping statements but for the record, my immigration consultants are rubbish and yes they are in the big 4.
Ultimately, it is about the applicant. Good that you are following up closely. If it had gone south solely due to the non inclusion of said documents, you can not take the apology to HO or appeal. And to imagine among Big 4.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:50 pm

I
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 pm
gag285 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Ultimately, it is about the applicant. Good that you are following up closely. If it had gone south solely due to the non inclusion of said documents, you can not take the apology to HO or appeal. And to imagine among Big 4.
Yeah I have been a member of this forum and have closely followed it although not always active. Can safely say if it wasn't for this group, my application had a good chance of going south.