ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

fx125

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by fx125 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Thank alots Cullinan

Did you have a copy of your lost BRP? If yes, why did you apply for a replacement anyways? There was no need to apply for a replacement if you had a copy. => Yes, I later found it. At that time I was not aware about the suspension and backlog of UKVCAS appt so I assumed it would be around 2-3 weeks like my friends have experienced pre-covid, and I have booked summer holidays so I immediately applied for replacement - how stupid Im, if I knew about this, I would have saved £75 and lots of headache

If you have a copy of BRP, just apply for ILR and mention in the cover letter that you have applied for a replacement. No issues. => In Set O form, there is a question re. if I have a valid BRP and asked me to upload it. Should I just say yes, upload, and explained that its a lost one?

Also, now you will have to book an appointment anyways as IDV is the past. => There is lots of news about 2nd lockdown, local restrictions etc...recently on the media, do you foresee that we will go back to IDV in the near future?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm

@fx125
In Set O form, there is a question re. if I have a valid BRP and asked me to upload it. Should I just say yes, upload, and explained that its a lost one?
Correct. You have a valid BRP. All that is required is a scan copy. No need to say its lost, just explain in cover letter.

There is lots of news about 2nd lockdown, local restrictions etc...recently on the media, do you foresee that we will go back to IDV in the near future?
I believe UKVCAS/UKVI might have to consider going back to IDV..but lets see.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm
@fx125
In Set O form, there is a question re. if I have a valid BRP and asked me to upload it. Should I just say yes, upload, and explained that its a lost one?
Correct. You have a valid BRP. All that is required is a scan copy. No need to say its lost, just explain in cover letter.

There is lots of news about 2nd lockdown, local restrictions etc...recently on the media, do you foresee that we will go back to IDV in the near future?
Very helpful information, does not UKVI request to send previous / expired BRP once approval is received ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:57 pm

@guggi

They do, its always advisable to report it lost. But there is no compulsion to get it replaced if you have a copy and do not have to travel. Once, ILR is approved, new BRP will be issued anyways.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:57 pm
@guggi

They do, but you can just write to them its lost then.
Good suggestion and advise as always :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Guggi wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:57 pm
@guggi

They do, but you can just write to them its lost then.
Good suggestion and advise as always :)
Please read edited last post also.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm
@fx125

are not we supposed to return our old BRPs to home office if the ILR application is approved? When I changed my T2G sponsor Home office explicitly asked to cut in four and return old BRP, otherwise I could have been fined by 1,000 GBP.

pgm1903
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pgm1903 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 pm

did anyone receive a generic email about delay due to covid recently?

I did dual submission last week to speed up the process, instead I got a delay email today from UKVI (Work Sponsored). what a luck...My BRP is valid till November, and I am eager to get a decision before it expires, as I want to save on ILR fees for my daughter who was born here.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:26 pm

pgm1903 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 pm
did anyone receive a generic email about delay due to covid recently?

I did dual submission last week to speed up the process, instead I got a delay email today from UKVI (Work Sponsored). what a luck...My BRP is valid till November, and I am eager to get a decision before it expires, as I want to save on ILR fees for my daughter who was born here.
I think since UKVCAS has gone to normal operations, luck via dual submission has gone down....

PS you dont have to apply anything for your daughter born in UK regardless if you get decision by her visa expiry or not. You can simply register her as BC after you get ILR.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:34 pm

@gabidzas
are not we supposed to return our old BRPs to home office if the ILR application is approved? When I changed my T2G sponsor Home office explicitly asked to cut in four and return old BRP, otherwise I could have been fined by 1,000 GBP.
How do you plan to return a lost BRP?

Simply report it lost, no need for replacement if you have a copy and do not plan to travel. Once ILR is approved, new BRP will be issued.

Kimlisa
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Kimlisa » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Just let you know that I got the ILR approval yesterday, but my old BRP card is still valid as before in the right to work website.

pgm1903
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pgm1903 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:26 pm

I think since UKVCAS has gone to normal operations, luck via dual submission has gone down....

PS you dont have to apply anything for your daughter born in UK regardless if you get decision by her visa expiry or not. You can simply register her as BC after you get ILR.
thanks for your advice , was worried that she would become an illegal immigrant after expiry of my BRP. tried to avoid doing homework about it as was hoping for a quick decision. that delay email just kicked me off the rails... I am thinking of calling to HO tomorrow to find out more about my case, the email has a person's name in the end.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:34 pm
@gabidzas
How do you plan to return a lost BRP?

Simply report it lost, no need for replacement if you have a copy and do not plan to travel. Once ILR is approved, new BRP will be issued.
thanks for clarifying, mine is not lost (I guess), DVLA is delaying its return

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:53 pm

@gabidzas

DVLA? 🤔

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:53 pm
@gabidzas

DVLA? 🤔
yes, driving and vehicle licensing agency (DVLA) asked to provide original ID document to issue provisional driving license. I received provisional driving license at last, but was told that BRP was sent by second class post in a separate envelope and would take 2-3 weeks to deliver

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
I hope going back to normal doesnt mean taking 3-4 months for standard application as usual.
Feels like August end/Sep wk1 applicants got lucky with fastest turnaround no?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:00 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
I hope going back to normal doesnt mean taking 3-4 months for standard application as usual.
Feels like August end/Sep wk1 applicants got lucky with fastest turnaround no?
Seems so. Possibly tighter restrictions/lockdown in Liverpool and North west/east could be a potential cause too.. Usually applications are processed up north...

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi all. Can any one advise me please of the time the HO takes to process the applications after submitting the biometrics via the UKVCAS app.
It has been almost 3 weeks now and haven't heard anything back from the HO. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:18 pm

drengshehata wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 pm
Hi all. Can any one advise me please of the time the HO takes to process the applications after submitting the biometrics via the UKVCAS app.
It has been almost 3 weeks now and haven't heard anything back from the HO. Thanks
There is no set pattern. Each case is different so can not be compared. The standard processing visa times are 8 weeks or 6 months after biometrics for different categories.

zuo
Newly Registered
China

Post by zuo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:45 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 am
It has been more than 3 weeks since I submitted my biometrics and have not heard anything back from UKVI except the Delay Notice email. I had a weird chat with UKVCAS on twitter today to confirm they have submitted my biometrics to UKVI or not.

I have asked why the dual submission are getting faster decision but not the IDV app applicants. The simple replied from UKVAS was please don't do the dual submission.

I have contacted my MP and asked her if she can get an update. Seriously, Now I am getting frustrated as my case is pretty straightforward.
Correct me if I am wrong: most of the cases are straightforward. I saw lots of people got anxious after 2-3 weeks submission. What I am trying to say is the CW don't know who you are, and there are tens of thousands of cases to deal with. It is a fair game. Just follow the guideline, contact them if you got emergency situation, otherwise just let CW work on the cases by registration time order. Some applications were in March and still waiting. I can understand that some have emergency situation. But for most of the people here, just be patient.

junebug1981
Newly Registered

Post by junebug1981 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:11 am

Application (Set M) - 6th July 2020
App use opted out.
Biometrics in person - 4th September 2020
Decision pending.

Have been reading these forums for past few months (thanks so much). Its been over three weeks since biometrics submission, I know others in the same boat.

I was curious how does UKVI let you know about a rejection? So far I have only read about ILR granted responses. Is there a process of rejection/ appeal?

Hopefully that's not necessary, but sometimes you start imagining the worst!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 am

junebug1981 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:11 am
Application (Set M) - 6th July 2020
App use opted out.
Biometrics in person - 4th September 2020
Decision pending.

Have been reading these forums for past few months (thanks so much). Its been over three weeks since biometrics submission, I know others in the same boat.

I was curious how does UKVI let you know about a rejection? So far I have only read about ILR granted responses. Is there a process of rejection/ appeal?

Hopefully that's not necessary, but sometimes you start imagining the worst!
The email from Home Office Atlas would indicate if your application has been approved or rejected. Most applications within the UK are positive but my friend applied from overseas and got a rejection email in the same way.

Maiki
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by Maiki » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 am

ILR(M) with financial documents all based on own company dividends.

Applied Aug. 3.
Opted OUT of online app Aug. 11.
Offered appointment as from Aug. 18, chose Reading for Sept. 9 (great & empty: just choose any day that has 1000h appointment, so you're first)
Uploaded docs Sept. 6.
Approval email Sept. 18.
Biometric card arrived Sept. 22.

chrisarmoo
Newly Registered

Post by chrisarmoo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:45 am

I received the BRP this morning and the image is that take from f2f appointment.
12th June 2020 application submitted
28th August 2020 IDV Invitation
29th August 2020 IDV submission
In person application at Lansdowne Rd 16.9.20
Decision Email 18th September 20
BRP Received 29.09.2020

Hope it helps.

ben2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ben2019 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Really hate the delay email. Just received one called “UKVI DELAY NOTICE” after biometric submission. So excited to see an email from HO and turned out to be this. I assume it means nothing, but wonder how long after this email people received decisions if anyone got the same email. This is the 2nd delay email I have received.