ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can't book an appointment on VFS Website

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khan789
Pakistan

English Language Test from Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am due to apply for my wife’s spouse visa as I have met all the other requirements but I am waiting for her to take her IELTS (A1) test. I have booked her test with British Council in June 2020 but due to COVID 19 they have cancelled Last two test dates they have allotted. I don’t know much about AEO Pakistan but someone has advised to take the test via AEO instead as they are conducting the tests in Pakistan in current situations.
Will that be ok if I do so, are AEO results approved by UKVI? Any useful information will be appreciated.
Many thanks everyone

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: English Language Test from Pakistan

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:00 pm

Khan789 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:26 pm
Hello Everyone,
I am due to apply for my wife’s spouse visa as I have met all the other requirements but I am waiting for her to take her IELTS (A1) test. I have booked her test with British Council in June 2020 but due to COVID 19 they have cancelled Last two test dates they have allotted. I don’t know much about AEO Pakistan but someone has advised to take the test via AEO instead as they are conducting the tests in Pakistan in current situations.
Will that be ok if I do so, are AEO results approved by UKVI? Any useful information will be appreciated.
Many thanks everyone

Below is the link to approved test providers for UKVI SELT English.
Look under the option of Test providers from abroad from 13.08.2020

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

Those are the options available lest money go down the drain.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Thank you very much, the above linked helped a lot.

Khan789
Pakistan

Can't book an appointment on VFS Website

Post by Khan789 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi everyone,
I have submitted my wife's visa application form (spouse of a British citizen) yesterday on gov website. When gov website transfers me over to VFS global website I can't select a country name I am applying from. The mouse cursor changes into a red circle and I can't select an option.
Can someone please help me if I am doing something wrong.

Sadsay
Mood:

Re: Can't book an appointment on VFS Website

Post by Sadsay » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 pm

they advised that VFS website will be down for maintenance on Sunday. Try it tomorrow it will be fine

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm

Sadsay wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 pm
they advised that VFS website will be down for maintenance on Sunday. Try it tomorrow it will be fine

Ok will try tomorrow, thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:58 pm

Khan789 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 pm
Welcome, keep forum updated on your application.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Sadsay wrote:
I have managed to upload my documents but it says no appointments are available in your selected location due to Covid-19 (Islamabad) Pakistan. On their website they say the services have resumed.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:07 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:58 pm
Khan789 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 pm
Welcome, keep forum updated on your application.
Will do, I have just posted this in my other thread as well. I have uploaded my documents on the VFS website, I am trying to book an appointment at Islamabad (Pakistan) Centre for biometrics but it says no appointments are available. On their website they say the services have been resumed in Islamabad. Any idea what to do ?

Sadsay
Mood:

Post by Sadsay » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Khan789 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm
Sadsay wrote:
I have managed to upload my documents but it says no appointments are available in your selected location due to Covid-19 (Islamabad) Pakistan. On their website they say the services have resumed.
on the form so many people was saying the same all we have to do is keep looking for one every now and than and you should be able to find one, if not than you might end up paying for this to get one if you are very keen to get one in near future.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Khan789 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:07 pm
I have just posted this in my other thread as well.
Topics Merged!!! (click to read the forum rule on multiple topics)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BritishPaul
Newly Registered

Post by BritishPaul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Just keep loggin in first thing in the morning each morning. Eventually appointments will become available.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Sadsay wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:22 pm
Khan789 wrote:
Sadsay wrote:
on the form so many people was saying the same all we have to do is keep looking for one every now and than and you should be able to find one, if not than you might end up paying for this to get one if you are very keen to get one in near future.
I will keep trying for a few days hopefully will get one. How do you pay to book an appointment? From their website of someone has to walk in to book an appointment for you?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am

Khan789 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Sadsay wrote:
Khan789 wrote:
Sadsay wrote:
I will keep trying for a few days hopefully will get one. How do you pay to book an appointment? From their website of someone has to walk in to book an appointment for you?
Keep checking the website and can reach their contact center

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am
Khan789 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Sadsay wrote:
Khan789 wrote:

Keep checking the website and can reach their contact center
I have been checking the website since yesterday but it comes up with the message of there are no appointments currently available at your chosen location due to COVID-19.

Amanixxx
Newly Registered

Post by Amanixxx » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:50 am

I cant find the exact link now, but there is an email notification thing on the vfs website.

They emailed me that appointments have become available when they did. It was back in June so they might have changed it but might be worth a try.

Sadsay
Mood:

Post by Sadsay » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm

i am also looking for appointment in Lahore but keep getting the same message as you do

rommy

Post by rommy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm

In same boat as you guys for Lahore center. Last Thursday I had 27th October premium appointment showing up. But I thought I might be able to get something sooner.

Unfortunately since Thursday nothing at all showed up. Normal, premium any kind of appointments. Seems like nothing is available. If you guys find anything please do share timing etc.

Have you tried booking mobile appointment???

Sadsay
Mood:

Post by Sadsay » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:19 pm

i was actually thinking about it, how much they charge for premium appointment. On Demand mobile Visa is more likely to check your application submit it take your original and once scanned will send it back to you but also take you finger prints and photo.might be premium appointment is more suitable as on demand charge you at least 25k PKR only if there are 5 - 10 people.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Sadsay wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:19 pm
i was actually thinking about it, how much they charge for premium appointment. On Demand mobile Visa is more likely to check your application submit it take your original and once scanned will send it back to you but also take you finger prints and photo.might be premium appointment is more suitable as on demand charge you at least 25k PKR only if there are 5 - 10 people.
The problem is they are not letting you choose from the service they provide. It simply says no appointments available. Do they have priority service for settlement visas from Pakistan? I have heard from many people that there no such service as priority and all applications applied from Pakistan are treated as standard.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:21 pm

rommy wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm
In same boat as you guys for Lahore center. Last Thursday I had 27th October premium appointment showing up. But I thought I might be able to get something sooner.

Unfortunately since Thursday nothing at all showed up. Normal, premium any kind of appointments. Seems like nothing is available. If you guys find anything please do share timing etc.

Have you tried booking mobile appointment???
Have you managed to get one? I am still trying

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Amanixxx wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:50 am
I cant find the exact link now, but there is an email notification thing on the vfs website.

They emailed me that appointments have become available when they did. It was back in June so they might have changed it but might be worth a try.
They say they have resumed the services but no available appointments are coming up.

Sadsay
Mood:

Post by Sadsay » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 pm

no Luck at all i have checking from last 5 days but still the same message due to covid no appointments..are they really very busy or what?
Rommy any luck

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:25 pm

In same boat as you. No luck at all. At least provide information that you are booked for next few weeks. I had an email from VFS that said just keep checking every now and than for appointments. No timeline when is the best time to check.

Have you tried booking mobile service?

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:15 pm

rommy wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:25 pm
In same boat as you. No luck at all. At least provide information that you are booked for next few weeks. I had an email from VFS that said just keep checking every now and than for appointments. No timeline when is the best time to check.

Have you tried booking mobile service?
Are you trying to book an appointment for settlement visa too ?