ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) second extension instead of settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abrli776
Newly Registered
Marshall Islands

FLR(M) second extension instead of settlement

Post by abrli776 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi my fellow immigration boards members, hope you're all keeping well.

I have a slightly unusual question for you all. My wife is eligible for settlement (currently on her FLR(M) extension) next year, but the Chinese (her current nationality) has a weird immigration rule stating that if she has ILR and gives birth in UK, the baby won't have the option to take up Chinese nationality. From our perspective, although it probably won't matter, it would still be nice to have that option.

Does anyone know if she would be able to apply for a second 2.5yrs FLR(M) extension next year instead? We don't mind the extra hassle and outlay since we're not exactly planning on breeding like rabbits for years to come, and technically she could apply for settlement at any time when 'we're done'.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) second extension instead of settlement

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:43 pm

She can apply for as many FLR(M) extensions as she wants to, provided she meets all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.