ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quarantine

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Graceodini
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Quarantine

Post by Graceodini » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello everyone. Please I applied for standard visitor visa and granted. I am invited by a friend who will accommodate and feed me for the duration of my stay in the UK. I stated in my form I am spending 10days in the UK but I now plan to stay for 7 days. My question is will I not be turned back at port of entry for not spending up to 14days in the UK because I learnt some people are being turned back because their hotel says they can't afford to quarantine them. Please I need response. My remaining annual leave is 2weeks for the year. Thank you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Quarantine

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Hello

Visitors from most destinations must self-isolate for 14 days not counting the day of arrival.

So there is no point travelling to the UK for 7 or 10 days.

Also, if they see you at the airport again in less than 14 days, it means you broke your quarantine. I don't know if there are measure in place to track that, but you run the risk of having some issues with them.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:44 pm

At very recently a fine of £1000-£10000 has been introduced for those who fall foul of the 14 days of self isolation. Even by not participating in NHS track app but still a visitor can easily be caught because of having to leave his detail with the authorities on arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... orce-today
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:00 pm

This is an inauspicious time to make such a short journey. The duration of measures of public health safety you need to comply with far exceeds your intended period of stay and could end up being not only a waste of resources but put you in jeopardy of breaking the laws of the place you are visiting.
In your shoes, postponement of the journey to a more clement time could be consideration.