ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global talent Visa (UK)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Berkay

Global talent Visa (UK)

Post by Berkay » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:28 am

Hello,

I'm going to apply for the Global talent Visa in the route of exceptional promise.
On of the things they ask is a recommendation letter from an eminent person.
Currently I'm working as a post-doc in UK, so can I ask from my PI who's a lecturer in the university to give me a recommendation letter? Is a lecturer in a university considered as an eminent person?

Thank you,

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Global talent Visa (UK)

Post by DreamerBeliever » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Berkay wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:28 am
Hello,

I'm going to apply for the Global talent Visa in the route of exceptional promise.
On of the things they ask is a recommendation letter from an eminent person.
Currently I'm working as a post-doc in UK, so can I ask from my PI who's a lecturer in the university to give me a recommendation letter? Is a lecturer in a university considered as an eminent person?

Thank you,
Hi Berkay,

The guidelines on Tech Nation website are quite specific on who could possibly be your main recommender (including suggested designations). You PI might be in a great position to be familiar with your work, but to my understanding his designation of being a lecturer in a university probably falls short of being considered as an authorised person for the organisation they represent.

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks @DreamerBeliever

I'm applying from science, and they just say an eminent person in UK, no any other details.

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:01 pm

Berkay wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:39 pm
Thanks @DreamerBeliever

I'm applying from science, and they just say an eminent person in UK, no any other details.
Ah, okay @Berkay.
If you are applying in Science then kindly IGNORE my previous advice. Because I had erroneously assumed that you were applying to Tech Nation and my comment pertaining to main recommenders was from the Tech Nation guidelines.

Please proceed as originally planned. Regret the inconvenience caused due to my wrong assumption.
Best of luck
Deepak