ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

shay007

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by shay007 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:54 am

euresidentGB wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:48 pm
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my time line of application for my wife who is non EU.

Application 3rd of March
Biometrics given 13th of March (luckily before lockdown!)
Chased up 13th Sept via solicitor and local MP
Decision received 23rd Sept. ILR received!

Good news finally. Not as long as some people here. But it felt like an eternity. Wife was key worker in NHS so not sure if that helped.
Congratulations.....I think been a key worker does help a bit. Hopefully I get the same position decision soon 🙏🏿🙏🏿🤞🏿🤞🏿

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:10 pm

loveforlove wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Hey guys,

Could you please share a link to make a complaint for 8 months wait of their decision? I've applied on 9th February, I have contacted my local MP asking for help and still no results. I just have no clue why the process is taking ages if I already have a permanent residence card, which just needs to be replaced into the new one under the new rules. Simple.
Hello
This is the link below I use to make complain! It is form you need to fill . I think this helps me a lot as my application was straightforward.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

Officially they will reply in 20 working days but I got my decision exactly after 3 weeks of complaint .i also make phone call the day I got decision and make humble request to the person who answered my phone . I told her to pass my message to the case worker that I am extremely worried and stressed because of the whole situation.if he can make any decision I will appreciate.
Believe me after 2 hours I had email from case worker with good news.
I think my phone call also help me !!

Good luck and I hope you will get soon as I believe HO is extremely busy with applications.

Moluis
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Moluis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 am

Applied for Settled status back in June, here is my timeline.

Applied on 15-06-2020
COA received on 15-06-2020
Settled status received on 15-09-2020

Good luck for everyone waiting.

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Mani913 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:11 pm
Mani913 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:02 pm
Applied for settle status (as family member of EU national )
Online application- 29-02-2020
Biometric Given - 03-03-20
Extra Phtograph submission- 06-05-2020
COA - 11-05-2020
Decision - Still waiting
Complaint made to Home office regarding delay - 03-09-20
No response and this wait is stressing me out .
Really don’t know what to do next !!:(
Hello Everyone
I have amazing news that my Settle Status have been granted!! :) :)
It took more then 7 months but finally received email from home office today with this amazing news 😂.!
This form has been very helpful and good luck to all those who are waiting !! I am sure you all will receive good news soon!!
Congratulations!may i ask dis you sent your passport ir any docuents after tour biometric appointment

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:58 pm

Moluis wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 am

Applied on 15-06-2020

Mani913 wrote:
Mani913 wrote:
COA - 11-05-2020
Decision - Still waiting
Hello Everyone
It took more then 7 months but finally received email from home office today with this amazing news 😂.!
This form has been very helpful and good luck to all those who are waiting !! I am sure you all will receive good news soon!!
Congratulations!may i ask dis you sent your passport ir any docuents after tour biometric appointment

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:01 pm

lichzz wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 am
Send my application using BRC with app 29/06/2020
Contact my MP 14/07/2020
Pre settle status successful outcome 05/08/2020

I am a family member of EU citizen with a residence card.
congrats!dis you send you documents after your biometrics?or they scanned only and bring your dox with you?

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered

Post by Rania Anwar » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi I have apply for setteld status 2month a go last week they have requested some documents I uploaded and today they are asking again for residency proof that I already have uploaded can someone help me please.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:27 pm

pierre0625 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:58 pm
Moluis wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 am

Applied on 15-06-2020

Mani913 wrote:
Mani913 wrote:
COA - 11-05-2020
Decision - Still waiting
Hello Everyone
Thanks ! No they didn’t ask for any documents to sent. They just ask me to scan my passport when I went for Biometric.
Yes they did ask me to upload my photograph again through the link where I applied first time but nothing else !

Adamjan123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Adamjan123 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Settled status Granted
APPLIED 2 Aug 2020
COA 2 Aug
Decision 27 September
I hope everyone get their status soon.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 pm

Mani913 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:10 pm
loveforlove wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Hey guys,

Could you please share a link to make a complaint for 8 months wait of their decision? I've applied on 9th February, I have contacted my local MP asking for help and still no results. I just have no clue why the process is taking ages if I already have a permanent residence card, which just needs to be replaced into the new one under the new rules. Simple.
Hello
This is the link below I use to make complain! It is form you need to fill . I think this helps me a lot as my application was straightforward.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

Officially they will reply in 20 working days but I got my decision exactly after 3 weeks of complaint .i also make phone call the day I got decision and make humble request to the person who answered my phone . I told her to pass my message to the case worker that I am extremely worried and stressed because of the whole situation.if he can make any decision I will appreciate.
Believe me after 2 hours I had email from case worker with good news.
I think my phone call also help me !!

Good luck and I hope you will get soon as I believe HO is extremely busy with applications.
Thank you very much for the link! I have just submitted my complaint, hopefully they will finally review my application. As I was planning to travel this winter, but apparently the existing card won't be valid from January after Brexit.

Do you guys know, whether I can apply for citizenship after Brexit? I am non eu family member living here for more than 6 years, my husband has got his British citizenship last year.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 pm

loveforlove wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 pm
Thank you very much for the link! I have just submitted my complaint, hopefully they will finally review my application. As I was planning to travel this winter, but apparently the existing card won't be valid from January after Brexit.

Do you guys know, whether I can apply for citizenship after Brexit? I am non eu family member living here for more than 6 years, my husband has got his British citizenship last year.

Thank you
Applying for British citizenship has nothing to do with Brexit. If you have held a document certifying PR when your husband got British citizenship, you could have already applied for citizenship yourself if you met the requirements. There was no need to apply for settled status either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 pm
loveforlove wrote:

Thank you
Applying for British citizenship has nothing to do with Brexit. If you have held a document certifying PR when your husband got British citizenship, you could have already applied for citizenship yourself if you met the requirements. There was no need to apply for settled status either.
I am aware that I could apply for citizenship instead of settled status and probably would be much quicker than waiting for settled status, but in February had some financial difficulties to apply for citizenship. Someone said to me that after brexit I won't be able to apply for citizenship and that's why I'm checking with you guys, whether this is wrong information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:59 pm

loveforlove wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm
CR001 wrote:
loveforlove wrote:

Thank you
I am aware that I could apply for citizenship instead of settled status and probably would be much quicker than waiting for settled status, but in February had some financial difficulties to apply for citizenship. Someone said to me that after brexit I won't be able to apply for citizenship and that's why I'm checking with you guys, whether this is wrong information.
Stop listening to "someone", they are talking nonsense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:59 pm
loveforlove wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm
CR001 wrote:
loveforlove wrote:

Thank you
Stop listening to "someone", they are talking nonsense.
Thank you very much for your competent advice!

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Hello guys does anyone know if I can complain twice
I have complained before in May nothing happened.
Contacted HO after a month for complaint review and nothing happened.
Also I contacted my local MP in May nothing happened, contacted him again in August and HO replied that my application is in its last stage.

I'm frustrated and can't keep waiting, does anyone know if it's ok to complain again.
I've been waiting since Jan 18 and the whole process is taking a toll on me
Thanks guys.

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 am

eke123 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 pm
Also I contacted my local MP in May nothing happened, contacted him again in August and HO replied that my application is in its last stage.

I'm frustrated and can't keep waiting, does anyone know if it's ok to complain again.
Thanks guys.

I’m in the same situation. Did my biometrics in Feb 6 or 7th. They also told me application is at final stages. Maybe give them another 2 weeks and if you hear nothing, complain again.

eke123
Nigeria

Re: EU settleent - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by eke123 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:44 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 am
eke123 wrote:

Thanks guys.

I’m in the same situation. Did my biometrics in Feb 6 or 7th. They also told me application is at final stages. Maybe give them another 2 weeks and if you hear nothing, complain again.
Thank you
I'll surely do that and I wish you the best as well
Good luck

texturelikesun
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by texturelikesun » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:15 pm

eke123 wrote:

Thanks guys.
Hi, I have filed my complaint twice. They responded after I got my pre-settled status, but I got my status within 2,5 weeks after I filed a complaint

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:52 pm

texturelikesun wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:15 pm
eke123 wrote:

Thanks guys.
Hi, I have filed my complaint twice. They responded after I got my pre-settled status, but I got my status within 2,5 weeks after I filed a complaint

That's very helpful
I'm definitely going to send another complaint
I'm fed up and can wait any longer.
Thanks a lot for this info
Cheers

coaster
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by coaster » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:54 am

Hi everyone, and thanks for previous help on this board. Here is my timeline. I'm the spouse of an Irish person who has already successfully registered for pre-settled status.

Submitted online application and document upload: July 21
Invited to book a biometrics appointment: August 4
Biometrics Completed: August 11
COA Email Received: August 11
Status Decision Email: pending
BRP card received: pending

I know the only real guidance of how long my type of application will take is "probably more than a month" but as it gets close to two since the COA, I get a little nervous, though obviously some have dragged on a lot longer. Is there a rule of thumb about a good time to reach out to your MP for help?

Also because I recently moved here, and so don't have a previous BRP type document I am wondering if you can use the COA letter for things like applying to work, registering for a GP and so on until you get it. I have heard of people using it for this but it's not clearly stated in the letter itself.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:11 pm

JB007 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:06 am

Claiming benefits and getting help with housing

You can continue to claim benefits and get help with housing from your local council until 31 December 2020.

After that date, some benefits like Universal Credit, Pension Credit and Child Benefit might stop if you don’t have settled status. You might not be able to get help with housing from your local council.

Contact your nearest Citizens Advice if you’re worried about claiming benefits and getting help with housing.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... om-the-eu/
Citizens Advice have updated their pre-settled status and UK benefits and housing, to the correct date, 30 June 2021.

Claiming benefits and getting help with housing

You can continue to claim benefits and get help with housing from your local council until 30 June 2021.

After that date, some benefits like Universal Credit, Pension Credit and Child Benefit might stop if you don’t have settled status. You might not be able to get help with housing from your local council.

Age UK, for those of state pension age -

How can I protect my rights?

You will need to have settled status to claim benefits like Pension Credit and Housing Benefit. You will need settled status to get help with housing from the council.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-ad ... er-brexit/

Those of UK state pension age (which is going to rise) cannot claim Universal Credit as UC has a work requirement. Therefore those of state pension age wanting UK low income benefits, claim the old benefit called Housing Benefit (even though this benefit has been replaced by Universal Credit).

The exception to this is if they have a partner who is below state pension age: these have to claim Universal Credit. The partner of UK state pension age is excused the work requriement for Universal Credit, but their below state pension age partner is not as these are now required to keep their older partner.

texturelikesun
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by texturelikesun » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:15 pm

coaster wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:54 am
Hi everyone, and thanks for previous help on this board. Here is my timeline. I'm the spouse of an Irish person who has already successfully registered for pre-settled status.

Submitted online application and document upload: July 21
Invited to book a biometrics appointment: August 4
Biometrics Completed: August 11
COA Email Received: August 11
Status Decision Email: pending
BRP card received: pending

I know the only real guidance of how long my type of application will take is "probably more than a month" but as it gets close to two since the COA, I get a little nervous, though obviously some have dragged on a lot longer. Is there a rule of thumb about a good time to reach out to your MP for help?

Also because I recently moved here, and so don't have a previous BRP type document I am wondering if you can use the COA letter for things like applying to work, registering for a GP and so on until you get it. I have heard of people using it for this but it's not clearly stated in the letter itself.
Hi, why is an Irish person having a pre-settled status ? Irish are exempt, they don’t need to apply as they are settled here already.

coaster
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by coaster » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:21 pm

texturelikesun wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:15 pm
Hi, why is an Irish person having a pre-settled status ? Irish are exempt, they don’t need to apply as they are settled here already.
it's not necessary for him individually but we were advised that it was probably a good idea because my application is based on him being resident in the UK, and an EUSS case number is a straightforward way of proving that. Don't know if this is necessarily a "better" way to apply but also seemed like it couldn't hurt.

Kmoney1

Post by Kmoney1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Cafedelmar74 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:40 pm
I am a non-EU married to an EU and I have applied yesterday for the EU Settlement scheme. CoA received by email today. I understand the processing time of applications is between 5 to 9 days according to HO website.

My wife applied before me and received her ILR 3 days later however she won't get any card or sticker on her passport. Her status can be checked at the borders. However for myself as a non-EU citizen am I gonna receive a biometric card? As I am travelling a lot I am wondering in case a Non-EU is traveling to the UK from Brazil or Singapore for example, they will not let him/her board the plane unless he/she provides an evidence (Visa or biometric card) that they are allowed to enter the UK.

Please advise whether non-EU citizens will be provided with ILR in form of a card and how long it will take to get it after the decision is made by HO.

Many thanks
yes you will received one as u are non eea
and it take of to month for decision thou individual circumstances apply

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:55 am

My case timeline
Applied for Eu pre settled status 30/05/2020
Biometrics 08/07/2020 due to covid
COA 09/07/2020
email to Mp 15/09/2020
Ho replied to mp after 14 days
I complaint to HO online on the 30 of September
Home office replied 06/10/2020
Pre settled status granted today 07/10/2020
Mp email and ho complaint makes a lot difference..
Also previously I didn’t have any residence or biometric card
I was refused on EEA FM paper application, after in person interview also lost in court ..
but finally granted residence card through EU settlement scheme
So delighted
All the best to all of u
☺️☺️☺️