ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSC appointment refund

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered

PSC appointment refund

Post by 43817375 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Hello, i wanted to check if anyone else is having a similar issue. I made an appointment in 2018 using an OISC approved agent which had to cancelled last min as he was not well. He then asked me to pay him again for a new appointment as the refund would have taken a long time, which i did. My visa was then stuck due to other reasons for 9 months and all is well now.

But i have been chasing a refund for our two ilr tier 1 general renewal and ilr tier 1 dependent renwal fees c4k, and getting no way forward, not sure what to about it. The psc account itself is closed now so not sure who to take it for resolution.

Any guidance will be much appreciated

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: PSC appointment refund

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:42 pm

43817375 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Hello, i wanted to check if anyone else is having a similar issue. I made an appointment in 2018 using an OISC approved agent which had to cancelled last min as he was not well. He then asked me to pay him again for a new appointment as the refund would have taken a long time, which i did. My visa was then stuck due to other reasons for 9 months and all is well now.

But i have been chasing a refund for our two ilr tier 1 general renewal and ilr tier 1 dependent renwal fees c4k, and getting no way forward, not sure what to about it. The psc account itself is closed now so not sure who to take it for resolution.

Any guidance will be much appreciated

Regards
If you have typed correctly the year - 2018 then most probably that amount should have been refunded to your agent long while ago.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Newly Registered

Post by 43817375 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am

Unfortunately the date is correct and last response i got from PSC refund was late 2018 year that no refund request is raised yet. The agent is in Liverpool and not responding to my emails or calls, so not sure what to do here

Ta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:59 am

If your agent processed and paid for the application, they need to request the refund and only they will get the refund.

UKVI won't tell you anything if you were not the person who paid the fees.

Suggest raise the issue with the relevant ombudsman.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:38 pm

43817375 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am
The agent is in Liverpool and not responding to my emails or calls, so not sure what to do here
No surprise to hear that but I am afraid you might not find him/her ever again as they usually tend to mobilize from one location/occupation to another :cool:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm

43817375 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am
Unfortunately the date is correct and last response i got from PSC refund was late 2018 year that no refund request is raised yet. The agent is in Liverpool and not responding to my emails or calls, so not sure what to do here

Ta
Hope the PSC knows the consequences and severity of receiving client's refund and not remitting same if as stated by seagul already done by HO. Do rake all means to get them because
1. If HO yet to refund, they are the one that can rightfully request it
2. If HO refunded and is stuck with PSC, you can then report to regulators/ombudsman to intervene