ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Cooling off applicable for person who has completed 5 Years in UK in August 2020

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phatakabhijeet
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Is Cooling off applicable for person who has completed 5 Years in UK in August 2020

Post by phatakabhijeet » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:21 pm

I was in UK on ICT Tier 2 Visa for 5 Years and moved out of UK in August 2020 after expiry of my Visa.Now as per new Visa ruler Tier 2 General Visa (w.e.f. 1st Jan 2021) will the Cooling off period be applicable to me?

vinny

Re: Is Cooling off applicable for person who has completed 5 Years in UK in August 2020

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:27 am

Yes, at the moment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

phatakabhijeet
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Is Cooling off applicable for person who has completed 5 Years in UK in August 2020

Post by phatakabhijeet » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 am

Thanks for your reply. Can you please confirm on below point - If sponsors is ready to sponsor me in January 2021 - then I am eligible to get Tier 2 General Visa or still I need to serve cooling of Period of 1 year.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Cannot confirm. Check the rules at that time again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

phatakabhijeet
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by phatakabhijeet » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Explanatory memorandum to the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules
On the Intra-Company Transfer route changes are being made to the cooling off requirement, the provision for high earners, and the ability of people to move onto the route when already in the UK.

The 12-month “cooling off period” and six-year maximum length of stay in the route are being removed. Under Tier 2 (General), these rules required those applying for entry clearance or to switch into the route to have not been in the UK as Tier 2 (General) migrants during the past 12 months, and to spend a maximum of six years in the route. The Skilled Worker route will not restrict when applications can be made or restrict length of stay.

A change is being made to the cooling-off requirement. Previously, the Rules prevented a person re-entering the UK on the Intra-Company Transfer route for 12 months after departing. The Rules are being amended so that applicants are permitted to hold Intra-Company Transfer leave for up to five years in any six- year rolling period (IC 11.2.) or up to nine years in any 10-year period for high earners (IC 11.1.).