ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV endorsement criteria

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amar973
Newly Registered
India

GTV endorsement criteria

Post by amar973 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am

I am aiming to apply for GTV by myself, so I was wondering when I can get some clarifications on the following:
I have worked as a research assistant in the UK university for 7 years where I have worked on quantitative analysis (data science). I have a research paper and a conference paper from there, both in Operations Research (data science). These are in public domain so I can provide evidence.

After that I am working in India in digital technology (autonomous driving tech) as Sr Data scientist (3 years). In this organization I have filed 6 patents. The problem with patents is that it appears in public domain after 18 months of filing. I have 1 patent in public domain, rest will appear gradually. In this case can I show email copy from the employer stating the patents I have filed in digital technology?
I was also invited for industrial conference to present my product.

Getting letter from the employer (as my technical achievement) will be tricky as they may ask many uncomfortable questions. However, I can show my salary (which is higher than average) as evience.

I am also frequently invited by the Data Science institutes as visiting faculty. I am also doing PhD in engineering from UK University (remotely) and expected finish is 2022.

Are these activities sufficient to get endorsed as exceptional talent promise endorsement?

ariverob
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Re: GTV endorsement criteria

Post by ariverob » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:20 am

Hi,

The only way to know is to try and apply. There are no minimum achievements you need to have to be endorsed, so as long as you meet the mandatory requirements that your endorsing body sets.

I went through Royal Academy of Engineering with only a few months of postdoc experience (I got my PhD earlier this year) and not as many publications but with lots of awards. That was enough to get me endorsed.

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:37 pm

amar973 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am
I am aiming to apply for GTV by myself, so I was wondering when I can get some clarifications on the following:
I have worked as a research assistant in the UK university for 7 years where I have worked on quantitative analysis (data science). I have a research paper and a conference paper from there, both in Operations Research (data science). These are in public domain so I can provide evidence.

After that I am working in India in digital technology (autonomous driving tech) as Sr Data scientist (3 years). In this organization I have filed 6 patents. The problem with patents is that it appears in public domain after 18 months of filing. I have 1 patent in public domain, rest will appear gradually. In this case can I show email copy from the employer stating the patents I have filed in digital technology?

Getting letter from the employer (as my technical achievement) will be tricky as they may ask many uncomfortable questions. However, I can show my salary (which is higher than average) as evience.

I am also frequently invited by the Data Science institutes as visiting faculty. I am also doing PhD in engineering from UK University (remotely) and expected finish is 2022.

Are these activities sufficient to get endorsed as exceptional talent promise endorsement?
The above case seems that you may have strong evidences to manage one of the Key Criteria.

Have a look at the Tech Nation guidelines for Qualifying criteria as well. You will have to meet 2 out of a possible 4. Your total 10 evidences need to show that you meet both the Key and the Qualifying criteria.

Getting a letter from employers showing technical achievement is NOT mandatory (depends on which criteria you chose). At the same time, you still have to get three letters of recommendation signed by three different senior members of different established organisations in the digital technology sector, so you might have to approach your current employers anyway.

From a very high level it seems you have a very good chance, but you will never find out till you apply. So chose your criteria, read the guidelines thoroughly, make a proper plan to match evidences with your chosen criteria and just go for it.

Best of luck.
D

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:48 pm

amar973 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am

Hi Amar,

I believe you are planning to use patent for KC1. A letter from the employer stateing your patent is filled should be enough and you are already showing evidence of one patent which as per me should be enough as everyone does not file patent day in day out. But you also need to provide the impact of the patent.

You can use d mentoring as visiting faculty in data science institute as KC2 if you want to chose KC2. But also with with you may show some additional evidences as I see people file 2-3 evidence for KC2.