ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Academy of Engineering Tier 1 Endorsement

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pa162
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Royal Academy of Engineering Tier 1 Endorsement

Post by pa162 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi shri30 and others,
thanks for sharing your experience here. I am trying to apply as an exceptional promise. however, as I checked in the royal academy website, it is mandatory to have a prestigious UK based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post judged by the endorsing bodies to be of equivalent standing. Do you know if they consider Postdoctoral Research Associate as an advanced research post? I am a postdoctoral RA working in the UK, with 6 journal papers (2 others will be submitted soon) wondering if this is a good time to apply for this visa.
Thanks.
shri30 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:49 pm
Thank you so much.
I have got endorsed as an exceptional promise.
Yes please, do post your outcome. I would definitely love to know that. This platform was indeed useful for me to know the timelines and experiences of others.

Good luck.

mohsin0a
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mohsin0a » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:52 am

Hello All,

I want to apply for the Global Talent Visa.

Please advise what documents are required.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:31 am

mohsin0a wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:52 am
Hello All,

I want to apply for the Global Talent Visa.

Please advise what documents are required.

Cheers
Have you done any reading of the ukvi website and the guidance notes before asking on forum???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohsin0a
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mohsin0a » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Yes, I am in the process of reading the guidelines for the two stages.

ariverob
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by ariverob » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 am

pa162 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:40 pm
Hi shri30 and others,
thanks for sharing your experience here. I am trying to apply as an exceptional promise. however, as I checked in the royal academy website, it is mandatory to have a prestigious UK based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post judged by the endorsing bodies to be of equivalent standing. Do you know if they consider Postdoctoral Research Associate as an advanced research post? I am a postdoctoral RA working in the UK, with 6 journal papers (2 others will be submitted soon) wondering if this is a good time to apply for this visa.
Thanks.
shri30 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:49 pm
Thank you so much.
I have got endorsed as an exceptional promise.
Yes please, do post your outcome. I would definitely love to know that. This platform was indeed useful for me to know the timelines and experiences of others.

Good luck.
Hi sir/madam,

Do you have any answers on this matter? I have the exact same question regarding Research Associates counting as advanced research post.

Any help would be useful!

Thanks

OBEAPER
Newly Registered

Post by OBEAPER » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:26 am

I moved to the UK August 2019 using the Tier 2-ICT visa route (valid for 3 years) so my application was done within the UK. Sharing my timelines so others can benefit as i did benefit a lot from the most of the post here.

Started Stage 1 Application (Exceptional Talent) – Early January 2020
Submitted Stage 1 Application - 22 January 2020
Documents Sent- 23 January 2020
Received email that documents were forwarded to Royal Academy of Engineering - 24 January 2020
Royal Academy of Engineering Non-Endorsement letter - 24 March 2020
Endorsement Review Application submitted (I almost gave up as the reason for non-endorsement was not very clear) - 1 April 2020
Royal Academy of Engineering Endorsement letter - 16 April 2020
Submitted Stage 2 Application - 16 April 2020
Biometrics Appointment (After opting out from the new IDV App) - 19 August 2020
Home office email of successful completion of stage 2 - 21 August 2020
Currently awaiting my new BRP which should arrive in 7 working days.

I hope this helps someone also waiting.

ariverob
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by ariverob » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am

Regarding the mandatory requirement of having a " prestigious UK based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post"

I can confirmed that I applied without having a fellowship. I only had about 8 months of postdoc experience by the time I applied and my application was sucessful.