ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PNC SAR and Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gearme1
Newly Registered
Austria

PNC SAR and Citizenship

Post by gearme1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:57 am

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the useful information on this wonderful website.

My cousin is going to apply for naturalisation in the coming weeks and we have 2 questions and would be grateful if anyone can help.

-) Is it usual when requesting a SAR request from the police that they ask you for additional information, e.g. to confirm if you have been arrested in a particular year, etc.? The thing person does not remember details of an arrest or exact offence (no charge case dropped before going to court)...

-) How can one find out what results of police record search done (by UKVI) part of their previous visa applications has returned?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: PNC SAR and Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:12 am

gearme1 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:57 am
Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the useful information on this wonderful website.

My cousin is going to apply for naturalisation in the coming weeks and we have 2 questions and would be grateful if anyone can help.

-) Is it usual when requesting a SAR request from the police that they ask you for additional information, e.g. to confirm if you have been arrested in a particular year, etc.? The thing person does not remember details of an arrest or exact offence (no charge case dropped before going to court)...
Why doesn't cousing just ask for a DBS check to see what they have on the database?
If he didn't go to court and wasn't convicted there's nothing to declare as far as I know.
Guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance

-) How can one find out what results of police record search done (by UKVI) part of their previous visa applications has returned?
You can't - they don't normally discuss their findings with the applicant. Which Visa did he apply for?

Thanks in advance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am

If he didn't go to court and wasn't convicted there's nothing to declare as far as I know.
Correct. An arrest alone which was NFA’d does not need to be declared. The online form only asks to declare an arrest/charge for which a trial is on going.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gearme1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by gearme1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:10 am

Can anyone who done a SAR from the police please answer the first question. Do they ask you to provide additional information regarding your dealing with them?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:47 am

Have you tried to get a DBS check?
https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

gearme1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by gearme1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:47 am
Have you tried to get a DBS check?
https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
Thanks for the suggestion. Basic DBS only shows unspent convictions and cautions. It does not show arrests etc. which did not result in convictions.