ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overlap in employment between previous and current employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Overlap in employment between previous and current employer

Post by ILRquestions » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ILR (tier 2 general to ILR after 5 years, non eea). I switched jobs during these five years (over a year ago), and when I asked for a letter from my previous employer regarding my absences etc, they provided a letter, however the end date they provide for my employment with them is the same as the start date of my employment for my new job. Is this potentially problematic for my application?
Many thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Overlap in employment between previous and current employer

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 pm

ILRquestions wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm
Hi,
I am applying for ILR (tier 2 general to ILR after 5 years, non eea). I switched jobs during these five years (over a year ago), and when I asked for a letter from my previous employer regarding my absences etc, they provided a letter, however the end date they provide for my employment with them is the same as the start date of my employment for my new job. Is this potentially problematic for my application?
Many thanks,
If the information they have provided is correct and happens to coincide with commencement of new employment then they can not be faulted. If the date is wrong you may want to ask for it to be amended or or do you explain away your last day at one employment being the first at another.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Overlap in employment between previous and current employer

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:27 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 pm
ILRquestions wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm
Hi,
Many thanks,
If the information they have provided is correct and happens to coincide with commencement of new employment then they can not be faulted. If the date is wrong you may want to ask for it to be amended or or do you explain away your last day at one employment being the first at another.
Except where an intervening period serves as cool off of disengagement.