ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

successful EU family permit application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crislaura34
Newly Registered
Mood:

successful EU family permit application

Post by crislaura34 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm

hello everyone
i am an EEA citizen have settled status in UK, just wanted to tell story of my successful EU Settlement scheme family application for my (mother in law) if it may help someone.
i will try below to explain my whole experience from day one till end.so it goes like this;

Application submitted online:14 July 2020
Bio-metric appointment: 5 August 2020 Islamabad Pakistan
received acknowledgment email from Liverpool = 6 August 2020
documents submitted(scanned myself from UK)
copy of my passport
copy of my husband's passport (Pakistani passport)+copy of his UK residence card
our marriage certificate
my husband's birth certificate (Pakistani)
my 6 months payslips+6 months bank statement
husband's 6 months payslips+6 months bank statement
joint tenancy agreement
joint council tax letter
my settled status number and my husbands pre settled status number
and yes most asked question
NO we didn't submitted not even a single remittance receipt or any document to prove her dependency instead i wrote a cover letter from my side and explained in that we don't need to attach any prove of dependency because dependency is assumed under law.

now waiting game started
first call on paid number after 15 working days and was told that its still under review( not decided)
after that was calling every day almost and answer was the same its still under review(not decided)
29 August complained online

4 September complained to my local MP
7 SEPTEMBER my MP wrote a letter to UKVI and sent me a copy as well
while all this i was still calling on paid number everyday and answer was the same its still under review(not decided)

in between all this emailed on paid email address received an answer after one day that ( thank you for emailing but currently we are unable to provide a specific time frame for when your application will be processed due to the large number of applications that have built up during covid 19)

11 September received email from vfs Islamabad that processed application is back.it was late and Friday,
soon after receiving the email from vfs i called again on paid number to check the status of my application i just wanted to see how this paid service works ( because i almost spent GBP 40 on phone calls)
and guess what answer was still the same under review( not decided)
14 September Monday my mother in law went to vfs Islamabad picked her passport with visa sticker
visa issue date :18 august date
in total it took 9 working days to issue a visa but almost one month from Islamabad to give the passport back with the sticker.
whole point of telling all of this is because while i was waiting for my mother in law's visa decision so many questions(mostly negative thoughts) were coming in to my mind that what is happening and why its taking so long but answer of all the question is just stay positive and have patience(which i didn't have).
GOOD LUCK
any questions happy to answer.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: successful EU family permit application

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm

I am not surprised. The EU Settlement Scheme goes beyond EEA routes. It's nearly a YES to any application where an EEA person is involved.

namani
Newly Registered

Post by namani » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi my parents got the eu settlement visa from Non EU country. It’s valid for only 6 months. It it the same for your mother.
When they are here how can we apply for pre settled status.
Thanks

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Do we need to use paid service(even though of not much use) to find the status update for EU settlement applications as i see seperate freephone mentioned in the same page for EUSS applications?

shah9966
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shah9966 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm

crislaura34 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm
hello everyone
i am an EEA citizen have settled status in UK, just wanted to tell story of my successful EU Settlement scheme family application for my (mother in law) if it may help someone.
i will try below to explain my whole experience from day one till end.so it goes like this;

copy of my passport
copy of my husband's passport (Pakistani passport)+copy of his UK residence card
our marriage certificate
joint tenancy agreement
joint council tax letter
NO we didn't submitted not even a single remittance receipt or any document to prove her dependency instead i wrote a cover letter from my side and explained in that we don't need to attach any prove of dependency because dependency is assumed under law.

now waiting game started
first call on paid number after 15 working days and was told that its still under review( not decided)
after that was calling every day almost and answer was the same its still under review(not decided)

while all this i was still calling on paid number everyday and answer was the same its still under review(not decided)

in between all this emailed on paid email address received an answer after one day that ( thank you for emailing but currently we are unable to provide a specific time frame for when your application will be processed due to the large number of applications that have built up during covid 19)

11 September received email from vfs Islamabad that processed application is back.it was late and Friday,
soon after receiving the email from vfs i called again on paid number to check the status of my application i just wanted to see how this paid service works ( because i almost spent GBP 40 on phone calls)
14 September Monday my mother in law went to vfs Islamabad picked her passport with visa sticker
in total it took 9 working days to issue a visa but almost one month from Islamabad to give the passport back with the sticker.
whole point of telling all of this is because while i was waiting for my mother in law's visa decision so many questions(mostly negative thoughts) were coming in to my mind that what is happening and why its taking so long but answer of all the question is just stay positive and have patience(which i didn't have).
GOOD LUCK
Hi there,

I have pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme. I am a non-eu national and my wife is an eu national. I want to apply for EUSS family permit for my parents and i wanted to ask if you put your name as sponsor on the application or your husbands name? And did you say if they are financially dependent on you or your husband? Because on the application i can only write the EEA/EU national's name and not mine, and then it asks me to check a box which says i will need to provide the evidence of dependency of the applicant on my wife or otherwise it wont let me go forward.
Can you please advise if i should out my wife's name in the sponsor or not and did you have to tick that box too?
Thanks alot in advance.

crislaura34
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by crislaura34 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm

yes i was the sponsor cause only an EU national can sponsor.
yes we ticked the form where it asks about the dependency and we mentioned some amount as well because without doing that you can not go to next page,
but we didn't attach any paper evidence for that.

shah9966
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shah9966 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:18 pm

crislaura34 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm
yes i was the sponsor cause only an EU national can sponsor.
yes we ticked the form where it asks about the dependency and we mentioned some amount as well because without doing that you can not go to next page,
but we didn't attach any paper evidence for that.
Thank you so much for your reply. Helps a lot.

wonder007
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wonder007 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Can you please share the cover letter draft. I am planning to apply for my parents. I am an Irish National and living in UK for last 4 years. I don`t have any pre settled status as looks like for Irish National, it is not a requirement. Both of my parents are in Pakistan and I`ve following documents to attach with the application:

1 - NADRA Family Tree Certificate
2 - My Bank Statements for last 3 -4 years / Salary Slips
3 - Remittance certificate for last 5 years as I`ve been regularly sending money to my parents in PK
4 - UK Tenancy Agreement
5 - Proof of residence (Kids School Certificate, Utility Bills, Council Tax, Airline Ticket when I landed in UK with Family)

Anything missing ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Maher533
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Maher533 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi

I am non eea citizen and my wife is eea citizen and we both have settled status in uk. Actually i applied my parents EUSS family permit in feb 2020 but i did not get any response . i called in july and they send me email that because of covid 19 your application is delayed and after that i called on paid number and they escalated my case but still no response and i send the email to mp as well and he write the email to home office and i also send the email to home office .

my quetion to crislaura which paid number did u call ?
because i call on this number 02034811736

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:00 pm

Maher533 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 pm
Hi

I am non eea citizen and my wife is eea citizen and we both have settled status in uk. Actually i applied my parents EUSS family permit in feb 2020 but i did not get any response . i called in july and they send me email that because of covid 19 your application is delayed and after that i called on paid number and they escalated my case but still no response and i send the email to mp as well and he write the email to home office and i also send the email to home office .

my quetion to crislaura which paid number did u call ?
because i call on this number 02034811736

Heyy Maher533,

Can you share your timeline? I also applied in February and still awaiting response. Tried contacting my MP but he hasn’t gotten back yet. Tried using their paid service too. Don’t forget to update if you hear back okay ? Thanks

Maher533
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Maher533 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi,

No problem i will give u update if they reply anything

Ssaima2012

Post by Ssaima2012 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:04 pm

namani wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 pm
Hi my parents got the eu settlement visa from Non EU country. It’s valid for only 6 months. It it the same for your mother.
When they are here how can we apply for pre settled status.
Thanks
Hi Namani,
could you plz tell me the name of application you had used online plz?

Ssaima2012

Post by Ssaima2012 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:08 pm

crislaura34 wrote:
hello everyone

copy of my passport
our marriage certificate
joint tenancy agreement
joint council tax letter

now waiting game started

GOOD LUCK
hi there you had given much information already but i am just confused what application link do i have to use online to bring my mother from pak, i am non eu and my husband is eu national he got his pre settled status however i had submitted my PR application to the home office given finger print in July but still waiting for my PR.
my question is what application route did you use?

Ssaima2012

Post by Ssaima2012 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:27 pm

crislaura34 wrote:
hello everyone

copy of my passport
our marriage certificate
joint tenancy agreement
joint council tax letter

now waiting game started

GOOD LUCK
Hi Dear,
i shall be grateful if you could share your experience
Have you submitted ANY COVER LETTER if you can share your cover letter with me plz

Jiashah
Newly Registered

Post by Jiashah » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi there,

Could you please tell me if there is any specific amount that needs to be shown in bank statement? I mean is there a threshold for the amount to be in bank account for last 6 months?

Thanks