ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of canadian immigration on ILR application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aqilzeeshan

Impact of canadian immigration on ILR application

Post by aqilzeeshan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi,

I applied for canadian immig. before applying for hsmp (now tier-1), now after spending 2.5 years on hsmp, my canadian immig. application is in process, my question is, if i get canadian immig. visa on my passport, will it affect my application for uk ILR, in orther words, can HO make it a point that you were supposed to make uk home, but by getting canadian immig. you have breached the contract.

Please give your thoughts

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 am

Well, I can't speak from experience but perhaps you can explain that you applied for canada, which has long processing times, before you applied for the UK.

After 2.5 years, ILR is some time away yet. Do you intend on having and using both UK and Canadian visas?

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Being survivor of Nov 7th changes, i would prefer to keep canadian immig as backup in case HO wakes up another morning and decides to change things retrospectively.