ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kittycatkeeb » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:33 am

MKC wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:27 pm
Congratulations to all people receiving approvals, my brain is now thinking something is wrong with my SET (M) application, hopefully before outright rejection UKVI will ask for additional documents if required :idea:
I am feeling the same way as I saw some May/June applicants receiving decisions. I hope they will contact us if rejection is on the table.
Same - also waiting (applied August 4th so not nearly as long as some others!). Going back and forth between deep worry vs. feeling alright, sometimes several times a day lol. Sometimes it seems like they've gone back to date order after approving tons of August/September applications. But then you hear from someone who is *still* waiting from March-May COVID backlog so... who can tell. But I am glad to know there are other Set(M)s waiting with me. We'll get through it! :D

For what it's worth, we haven't seen anyone post about a Set(M) rejection yet, right? :shock:

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 am

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:33 am
MKC wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
Congratulations to all people receiving approvals, my brain is now thinking something is wrong with my SET (M) application, hopefully before outright rejection UKVI will ask for additional documents if required :idea:
I am feeling the same way as I saw some May/June applicants receiving decisions. I hope they will contact us if rejection is on the table.
Same - also waiting (applied August 4th so not nearly as long as some others!). Going back and forth between deep worry vs. feeling alright, sometimes several times a day lol. Sometimes it seems like they've gone back to date order after approving tons of August/September applications. But then you hear from someone who is *still* waiting from March-May COVID backlog so... who can tell. But I am glad to know there are other Set(M)s waiting with me. We'll get through it! :D

For what it's worth, we haven't seen anyone post about a Set(M) rejection yet, right? :shock:
Totally understand how you feel. Keep positive!

Just to correct what you have mentioned, there were no single SET(M) September application reported as approved in this forum. I agree for late Aug applicants (the luckiest!). And yes I agree they seem to have gone back to date order now.

Re: Rejection, no SET(M) posted rejection. They would ask for additional documents rather than rejecting the application.

Best of luck! :D
Last edited by Ameline on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 am

I applied on the 5th of August and biometrics were given on 5th September (IDV app). Now, it is almost 4 weeks for biometrics submission and 2 months for the application (Tier 2 to ILR). After going through 100s of timelines, it is hard to say how UKVI process the applications. My visa is expiring next year & I am not in rush but it still makes you wonder why on earth I am not getting the decision. So, I have decided not to freak out and just wait patiently for the positive result.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 am

kittycatkeeb wrote:
MKC wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Same here Set M. Applied on 23.07.2020. Submitted biometric via IDV only. Still waiting.. seeing so many other categories getting the decision but not our category. Very anxious. It’s good that at least I know I’m not the only one left waiting. Let’s keep each other’s updated.

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:55 am

klownking wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 am
I applied on the 5th of August and biometrics were given on 5th September (IDV app). Now, it is almost 4 weeks for biometrics submission and 2 months for the application (Tier 2 to ILR). After going through 100s of timelines, it is hard to say how UKVI process the applications. My visa is expiring next year & I am not in rush but it still makes you wonder why on earth I am not getting the decision. So, I have decided not to freak out and just wait patiently for the positive result.
You should have gone for in person biometric. Tier 2 ILR are fastest for those who have gone for in person bio metric. IDVAPP has some issues, hence UK VI is taking long time to respond. Also they want to encourage people to go for biometric so that UKVCAS can make some money. This is also another reason for delaying IDVAPP cases.

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk90470 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:35 am

Thanks a lot CULLINAN. I've checked with TNT and came to know that they've raised a case with HO to change my address. I've requested to cancel the case n requested to deliver to the address given in the application.

I've noticed some interesting thing with my application. I'm a T2G switch n applied on 20th Jun(Visa valid till June 2022) and had to send all the documents to CW on 24th Jun. Meanwhile my new employer verified with HO whether I can start my role before decision arrives by 10th July.
I've given facial image on 28th Aug and went for f2f appointment on 10th Sep. Got approval mail on 28th Sep. I have got my remaining IHS fee(Paid for earlier Visa ) refunded on 28th Sep to my account and was reflecting the transaction date as 4th July in my bank account. It seems they've made a decision on 4th July itself and announced on 28th Sep after remaining checks , a month after IDV App submission.

It seems, CWs may be taking interim decisions based on the documents provided n are waiting for biometrics/decision confirmation. I may be wrong.
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:41 pm
rk90470 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Thanks Cullinan. Yes, I've informed the new tenant about my BRP delivery. But the issue is once I had a call with TNT team, I've received a mail immediately (within a min) saying that the attempt to delivery your BRP is failed as no one is available at home.

I'm not sure if they'll try to attempt delivery again to the same address or they'll try deliver to my new address, so I have a doubt if I need update my address at HO address change portal for this.
You will have to call and check with TNT. Changing the address with UKVI at this point will not help you. Its best to get your ILR BRP delivered at your old address but I am not sure how its working these days. Not sure if they require a sign or just post in the letter box. Note replacing a BRP could be a troublesome process for you so be proactive in contacting TNT and the tenant at your old address before its lost.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:47 am

@rk90470

Good luck. Hope your BRP is delivered soon. Keep us posted.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:11 am

bubbly123 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:48 am
Hi Guys, I received a email today morning that ILR is successful.
Application type: Set O- Tier 1- Ent
Date applied: 30-03-2020
IDV submission : 03-09-2020
in person biometric: 15-09-2020 did dual submission
Approval received: 26-09-2020.

Not sure dual submission worked or not, I will update after receiving the Biometric card!

Thankyou so much for the helpful members and moderators in this board.
Update: BRP Tracking email received: 01-10-2020.
BRP received-- 02-10-2020 posted through door by TNT. Photo on the BRP is from the in person Biometric appointment not from the IDV.
Thank you so much for this board!!!

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:48 am

I have booked free in person appointment on 29 October 2020 in Croydon. I hope I will received decision before that and the appointment would not be necessary.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 am

Hi Everyone
Update on April 4th SETLR application
HO called me this morning on a private number asking if I am able to answer some questions... The lady on the phone said she had my application on the table and about to conclude. She asked if a travelled outside the UK between 2010 to 2015 and I answered no and she said I would received an email shortly..... I did guys and its not good news..,.........

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:58 am

Well....,..... It is wonderful news ILR approved at 9:28am this morning (30mins after the call) and I am still shaking. Finally free. I would say my case was complicated, earlier student visa breach, court cases and all but I give God glory it's finished!!!!! Thanks @cullinan😍... You are a prophet! I remember you saying I should hear by this week... I wish I can give you a big hug!!!! Thanks to all the gurus and experts... I love you all .....now on to the naturalisation forum...

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 am
Hi Everyone
HO called me this morning on a private number asking if I am able to answer some questions... The lady on the phone said she had my application on the table and about to conclude. She asked if a travelled outside the UK between 2010 to 2015 and I answered no and she said I would received an email shortly..... I did guys and its not good news..,.........
was that a rejection? What was the reason(s)?

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:58 am
Well....,..... It is wonderful news ILR approved at 9:28am this morning (30mins after the call) and I am still shaking. Finally free. I would say my case was complicated, earlier student visa breach, court cases and all but I give God glory it's finished!!!!! Thanks @cullinan😍... You are a prophet! I remember you saying I should hear by this week... I wish I can give you a big hug!!!! Thanks to all the gurus and experts... I love you all .....now on to the naturalisation forum...
hahahaahhaaa congrats mate! I was really worried from your other post. Really good news!! :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Congratulations!! So happy for you!! Well deserved celebrations after 6 long months!! All the best for your future and see you in the BC forum!! 🥳😀
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
hahahaahhaaa congrats mate! I was really worried from your other post. Really good news!! :D
Soooo happy!!!😄😄😄

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 am
Hi Everyone
Plot twist, was really worried reading this :shock:

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:21 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm
Ameline wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
Soooo happy!!!😄😄😄
Omg congrats!! have been following your post from the start! So so happy for you!! Hope im next!!

afrikano
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by afrikano » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:28 pm

afrikano wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:51 am
afrikano wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 pm
afrikano wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:15 am
Date of Standard Online Application: 08-06-2020
Payment Debited & Confirmation email received: 08-06-2020
Documents Uploaded via UKVCAS website: 08-06-2020
Biometric Reuse email received: 23-07-2020
IDV App Invitation email received: 27-08-2020
Facial image submission/Verification using IDV app: 27-08-2020
Received decision email: 28-09-2020
Received BRP: 02-10-2020
Good luck to everyone.
This is my own timeline in case it can helpful.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:31 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
Soooo happy!!!😄😄😄
Omg congrats!! have been following your post from the start! So so happy for you!! Hope im next!!

You will receive good news soon!!! I believe that!!!....can't contain my emotions right now...it's been a long long road with twist and turns......

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:31 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

Soooo happy!!!😄😄😄

You will receive good news soon!!! I believe that!!!....can't contain my emotions right now...it's been a long long road with twist and turns...... HO turned me into a self made solicitor who did a lot of immigration research as if my life depended on it...I am glad I made the decision to apply myself and not waste money on any "copy and paste" solicitor!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:31 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

Soooo happy!!!😄😄😄

You will receive good news soon!!! I believe that!!!....can't contain my emotions right now...it's been a long long road with twist and turns......
Big, big, HUGE congratulations @Luluokis29! I can only imagine the happiness you are feeling now with all the weight off your shoulders! :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Congratulations.
It is surprising they use phone to confirm travel history :D
Luluokis29 wrote:

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Gilo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 am
kittycatkeeb wrote:
MKC wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Same here Set M. Applied on 23.07.2020. Submitted biometric via IDV only. Still waiting.. seeing so many other categories getting the decision but not our category. Very anxious. It’s good that at least I know I’m not the only one left waiting. Let’s keep each other’s updated.
My wife's SET(M) ILR application was submitted on 4 Sep 2020 and photo etc. submitted via IDV app on 11 Sep. We await a decision. There is no urgency in our case, and I've been staying relatively calm. But it is good to hear that other September SET(M) applicants have yet to receive a decision. Well, it's not good, but helps to keep me calm. Hopefully decisions for many will come in the not too distant future. Thanks to the community for keeping my spirit up and my outlook optimistic!

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:21 pm

@JeffWebb

My SET(M) application was submitted same day as your wife 04/09. Did not use IDV and done in-person bio on 12 Sep, still waiting. My feeling (based on previous months observations -JUST SPECULATION, NOTHING OFFICIAL-) is that decisions for Sep SET(M) will start to come next week...

Mcp788
Newly Registered

Post by Mcp788 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:26 pm

Submitted set M application via IDV 28th aug /inperson bio-14 sep. still waiting .