ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainence funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gojilamonsteros
Newly Registered

Maintainence funds

Post by gojilamonsteros » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi all

I have two questions, and am wondering if you guys could help

1. Im applying for Tier 1 (general) visa at the end of this month, which coincides with the month before my current HSMP visa expires. Im applying from within the UK. In the tier 1 general application form, page 24. Do i select the option 'An extension of leave under Tier 1 general' and go to Section C and i then choose the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme option which takes me to Section C? Im alittle confused with this page as i thought we are switching to the tier 1 general.

2. For my maintanence funds, I have bank statements dated up to the 1 September 2008 which showed my current account has over 800 pounds in it, but i was wondering if this is acceptable seeing that Im only applying on 24 september. Do I need evidence of funds all the way up till 24th September?

Please help

Thanks!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:23 am

If you applied for HSMP before the rules were changed in Nov -06, you may choose to use the FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) form instead (specially so, if you do not meet the points-based criteria).

If you applied for HSMP before Nov-06 changes but are able to meet the Tier 1 qualification criteria, you are free to use the Tier 1 form (that you are refering to). In this case, you need to select "Highly Skilled Migrant Program" as your initial leave (that is nearing its end and you wish to extend) is under HSMP and not under Tier 1. If you decide to use this form, then remember that you must have maintained 800 pounds for three months (balance never falling below 800 pounds at any time during the 3 months) to meet the maintenance fund requirements. When applying from within UK, the statement can be dated within 1 month preceding application date.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gojilamonsteros
Newly Registered

Post by gojilamonsteros » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:14 am

thanks sushdmehta

that is very helpful indeed!

gojilamonsteros
Newly Registered

one more thing....

Post by gojilamonsteros » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 am

sushdmehta,

I know im being a pest, but could I trouble you for final clarification since you've been very knowledgable about the whole process

I think the Tier 1 general application form has changed since August 2008, and im using this up to date form for application

In page 24, Section A, do i choose 'An extension to leave within tier 1 General' which takes me to section C

In Section C, i choose the HSMP option ( as I am currently on HSMP, expiring end of September ) and go to section 3C which is page 40?

Thanks

gojilamonsteros
Newly Registered

Post by gojilamonsteros » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:36 am

sushdmehta,

If you need to see the form, the link to this is;

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... er1general

geriatrix

Re: one more thing....

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:43 pm

gojilamonsteros wrote:In page 24, Section A, do i choose 'An extension to leave within tier 1 General' which takes me to section C

In Section C, i choose the HSMP option ( as I am currently on HSMP, expiring end of September ) and go to section 3C which is page 40?
Don't take my word for it as I haven't used the form myself, but I believe that's exactly what you should do.

Out of curosity - If your leave is expiring in this month then you should fall under the category of people benefiting from the HSMP JR. Wouldn't it be convenient for you to use the FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) form instead?? Less paperwork and no need to fulfil the points-based extension criteria!!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gojilamonsteros
Newly Registered

Post by gojilamonsteros » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:30 pm

this is going to be a silly question but is maintainence funds money in your Current account in the UK, which im getting bank statements from?