ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry about family visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jafersadeq

Enquiry about family visa

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Dear Gurus,

My son holds ILR, he wants to get married abroad, his wife from our home country.
He has a bank account in the UK, and a bank account in his home country, I have £65,000 in my account in the UK and $90,000 in my bank account in our home country, I can give it to my son as a gift to support his wife application.

Which bank account of my son can I use? in the UK or in our home country?

He got married in Islamic way, not in the court, he maybe do that this month, so I want to know if I can transfer his gift before or after his marriage (in the court)?

his wife was in the UK as Tier4 student, and now she is in our home country.

What are the requirements for the wife's visa?

How many days shall the funds stay in his account? when can he apply after transferring the funds to his account?

Please send me a link for the guidance.

Please advise

vinny

Re: Enquiry about family visa

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm

You need to give the cash savings gift to him at least six months before wife’s application, under Appendix FM, FM-SE.

1(b)
(iii) gift of cash savings (whose source must be declared) evidenced at paragraph 1(a)(iii), provided that the cash savings have been held by the person or persons at paragraph 1(a)(iii) for at least 6 months prior to the date of application and are under their control; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
You need to give the cash savings gift to him at least six months before wife’s application, under Appendix FM, FM-SE.

1(b)
(iii) gift of cash savings (whose source must be declared) evidenced at paragraph 1(a)(iii), provided that the cash savings have been held by the person or persons at paragraph 1(a)(iii) for at least 6 months prior to the date of application and are under their control; and
Dear vinny,
Many thanks for that
Is it possible to do that in our home country, cash gift to be deposited in his bank account ?
Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:56 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Is it possible to do that in our home country, cash gift to be deposited in his bank account ?
Regards
Yes but criteria will still remain same
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:47 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
vinny wrote:

1(b)
Dear vinny,
Many thanks for that
Regards
And for the period of 6 months it will be in his account for the purpose of being used for spouse visa, it should at no time drop below £62,500. So if home country account and currency to be used, factor in exchange rates variation.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have read:
What you’ll need to prove:
(You’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply).

My question is:
What is the period after his marriage he can apply for his wife?
Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:52 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:49 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have read:
(You’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply).

My question is:
What is the period after his marriage he can apply for his wife? The document to corroborate marriage is the official/legal marriage certificate, he can apply right from the day of obtaining the wedding/marriage certificate.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Dear Gurus,

I have read:

My question is:
What is the period after his marriage he can apply for his wife?
Regards
This applies to UNMARRIED partners and not to newly married partners.

He can apply as soon as he is married once they meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:54 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:52 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Dear Gurus,

I have read:
(You’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply). This one you quoted is for unmarried partner.

My question is:
What is the period after his marriage he can apply for his wife? The document to corroborate marriage is the official/legal marriage certificate, he can apply right from the day of obtaining the wedding/marriage certificate.
Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:56 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
vinny wrote:

1(b)
Dear vinny,
Many thanks for that
Regards
You may want to check that account statements from the said bank in home country is acceptable by HO before you move the money into the account.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:56 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
vinny wrote:

1(b)
Dear vinny,
Many thanks for that
Regards
You may want to check that account statements from the said bank in home country is acceptable by HO before you move the money into the account.
Please help me in this issue, how to check the bank?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:02 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:11 pm

He got married in Islamic way, not in the court, he maybe do that this month,
Cardinally, the Islamic marriage in that country should have been deemed as a legal way of marriage yielding a marriage certificate for being counted as valid in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:03 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:00 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:02 pm
jafersadeq wrote:

Cardinally, the Islamic marriage in that country should have been deemed as a legal way of marriage yielding a marriage certificate for being counted as valid in UK.
Of course he will get a marriage certificate from the court in our home country. Islamic marriage is not official even in our country, but it is accepted socially and religiously.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:03 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:00 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions
Our country is not listed there.
The bank I deal with is recognized by the central bank of the state.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:23 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:15 pm
seagul wrote:
jafersadeq wrote:

Of course he will get a marriage certificate from the court in our home country. Islamic marriage is not official even in our country, but it is accepted socially and religiously.
Then it won't be accepted in UK as well for visa purposes.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:30 pm

Dear Gurus,

A list of documents please.

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:23 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
seagul wrote:
jafersadeq wrote:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:23 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
seagul wrote:

Islamic marriages still yield marriage certificate which isn't peculiar to hear.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:45 pm

2. Marriage overseas
2.1 For a foreign marriage to be valid in English law, the following conditions must
normally be fulfilled:
The marriage ceremony must be recognised as a valid form of marriage by the
law of the place of celebration (mixed marriages and "common law" marriages

are sometimes excepted - see paragraphs 9-10 below)
• Each of the parties to the marriage must have the capacity, under the law of the
place where he or she is domiciled at the time of the marriage, to marry the other
party in the manner proposed (see DOMICILE)
• Any previous marriage of either party must first have been validly terminated in
the eyes of English law (but see paragraph 8 below)
2.2 All civil marriages, and all religious marriages which have been registered with the
civil authority of the country in which they are celebrated, may be accepted as satisfying
the first criterion at paragraph 2.1
. In other cases, the relevant files should be referred to
NPSCU (EOP2) who will, if necessary, make further enquiries.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... OSH_5FarSq

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:37 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:30 pm
Dear Gurus,

Regards
The list will show me the required documents.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:16 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:37 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:30 pm
Dear Gurus,

Regards
The list will show me the required documents.

Regards
Following is the most helpful official literature which will equip you with the list of the requirements along with required documents (if you read these in entirety)

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individual ... guide.html

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have two questions:

1- Is there a financial requirement to extend the spouse visa ?

2-When we submit a bank statement from our home country to show the gift (£65,000) during application, is it mandatory my son transfers his gift to the UK if his wife got the spouse visa?

3-Do HO ask for accommodation? I can write a letter that I can sponsor my son for his family accommodation.

4-I gave my son the gift 3 months before he gets his ILR, and 4 months after getting his ILR he wants to apply for his wife visa. Will HO ask why the funds in his account when he was dependant (before his ILR) ?

Please advise

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:05 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:05 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have two questions:

1- Is there a financial requirement to extend the spouse visa ? Yes, £18,600 income or cash savings of £62,500 ( If it has not changed by the time of extension)

2-When we submit a bank statement from our home country to show the gift (£65,000) during application, is it mandatory my son transfers his gift to the UK if his wife got the spouse visa? No, not mandatory even if you are to reuse it for extension but must be in account of either or both spouse.

3-Do HO ask for accommodation? I can write a letter that I can sponsor my son for his family accommodation.

4-I gave my son the gift 3 months before he gets his ILR, and 4 months after getting his ILR he wants to apply for his wife visa. Will HO ask why the funds in his account when he was dependant (before his ILR) ?

Please advise

Regards
Is this an initial spouse visa application or the extension that you are asking about?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:17 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:05 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have two questions:

1- Is there a financial requirement to extend the spouse visa ?

2-When we submit a bank statement from our home country to show the gift (£65,000) during application, is it mandatory my son transfers his gift to the UK if his wife got the spouse visa?

Please advise

Regards
1. yes same
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

2. Not mandatory but could be more beneficial in doing so after getting the spouse visa for future.

3. yes usually title register, mortgage station and noc letter is needed.

4. Origin of funds will have to declare.