ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IBC (Zambrano)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shade90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: IBC (Zambrano)

Post by Shade90 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Hello folks, has anyone got any updates from Zambrano application ?I submitted mine in February this year

focabh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by focabh » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:48 am

zaza7625 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm
Rahim26 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:41 pm
Hi everyone. I have stamp 4 based on irish born child . I got my stamp june 2018 . First stamp they give me one year and after one year i renew and they give me one year again . Now in june 2020 my extention is due. Can I request inis for 3 years or i have to renew every year .
Q.2. Can i apply irish citizenship after 3 year or i have to wait 5 years.
Thanks in advance
normaly they extend it 3 years. First time they gave me 3 years stamp and after another 3 years i was given 3 years stamp again. They only extend stamp by 3 years. As for your second question about citizenship, you have to wait full five years in order to be able to apply for irish citizenship
Hey, that information about waiting 5 years is not true at all.

You can apply for it, after 3 years, if you are parent of an Irish child (please note the difference between an Irish born child and an Irish citizen). If your child has Irish citizenship, so go ahead and apply.

"In relation to citizenship applications generally if you have an Irish Citizen Child you can apply for citizenship after three years of residency as you are related by blood or affinity. All applicant can still submit an application for citizenship in circumstances where they are the parent of an Irish citizen child or based on Irish associations by asking the Minister to exercise his discretion under s. 16(a) of the Citizenship Act to waive the residency condition contained in s. 15(1)(c) of the 1956 Act."

third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator

That is also included in the original form you need to use to apply for the naturalization.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:44 am

focabh wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:48 am
zaza7625 wrote:
Rahim26 wrote:
Hi everyone. I have stamp 4 based on irish born child . I got my stamp june 2018 . First stamp they give me one year and after one year i renew and they give me one year again . Now in june 2020 my extention is due. Can I request inis for 3 years or i have to renew every year .
Thanks in advance
normaly they extend it 3 years. First time they gave me 3 years stamp and after another 3 years i was given 3 years stamp again. They only extend stamp by 3 years. As for your second question about citizenship, you have to wait full five years in order to be able to apply for irish citizenship

You can apply for it, after 3 years, if you are parent of an Irish child (please note the difference between an Irish born child and an Irish citizen). If your child has Irish citizenship, so go ahead and apply.

"In relation to citizenship applications generally if you have an Irish Citizen Child you can apply for citizenship after three years of residency as you are related by blood or affinity. All applicant can still submit an application for citizenship in circumstances where they are the parent of an Irish citizen child or based on Irish associations by asking the Minister to exercise his discretion under s. 16(a) of the Citizenship Act to waive the residency condition contained in s. 15(1)(c) of the 1956 Act."

That is also included in the original form you need to use to apply for the naturalization.
That is not wrong, but it’s not accurate. Applying via Irish associations with less than 5 years residency is possible, but the whole process is much longer and it is completely up to the Minister to determine whether the bond to Ireland is strong enough. They may end up staying for more than five years before their application can be approved.

You can find this information only on third party solicitor websites, not on INIS website, because thewe solicitors want allure you into using their paid service.

focabh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by focabh » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Please do not say it takes longer without proof. That is completely speculation from you and there are no evidence at all. I know people who got their Irish Citizenship within 1 year applying via Association with 3 years, so stop spreading false rumour.

"You can find this information only on third party solicitor websites, not on INIS website, because thewe solicitors want allure you into using their paid service."

That is not true at all my friend:

If your application is based on Irish Associations you must provide:
o Certified copies of all documentation proving your Irish associations** e.g. all birth and/or
marriage certificates or civil partnership agreement needed to show association, certified
copy of foreign birth registry entry, copy of naturalisation certificate etc.
o Evidence of residency permissions. Residency permissions are evidenced by stamps in
your passport, while additional periods may be covered by letters issued by Immigration
Service Delivery granting you permission for a specific period from or to a specified date.
** Section 16(2) of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956 defines being of Irish
associations as meaning: related by blood, affinity, adoption to, or is the civil partner of, a person
who is an Irish citizen, or a person who is deceased and who, at the time of his or her death, was
an Irish citizen or entitled to be an Irish citizen.
The Minister may, in his absolute discretion, waive some of the conditions for
naturalisation where the provisions of Section 16 apply. As a general rule, where this
Section applies you will normally be expected to have a minimum of 3 years reckonable
residence in the State. There is no right or entitlement to have any conditions for
naturalisation waived, it is entirely at the Minister’s absolute discretion.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... m-CTZ3.pdf

If you take a look at the Citizenship act, you will see what is that about.

Also, of course it is entirely at the Minister's discretion. So as your application in general (it is not a right, it is a privilege).

=)

New17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by New17 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi guys
I am waiting for my Zambrano application for a year now.anybody got his visa decision during coronavirus crisis.please do share your experience.thanks

Shade90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shade90 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 pm

Friend of mine got it end of last month he was also waiting for over a year.

comfort2004
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by comfort2004 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:10 am

Does anyone know if it's accurate that IBC Zambrano type application could be granted on the spot at GNIB to first time applicant (not renewal) as long as the parent of the Irish citizen child is currently present in the state legally? For example if the parent had relocated from abroad and only has a visit visa and before the expiration of that visit visa they make an appointment and visit GNIB, would they be granted or they will be asked to submit a postal application?

comfort2004
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by comfort2004 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 am

. If you do not have current permission to remain in the State, or if you are on a short stay visa ‘c’ visa. You must complete the parent of Irish citizen child application form and submit it, with all the required documentation to the following address:

Residence Unit 4
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
D02 XK70

HeinzTomatoKetchup
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by HeinzTomatoKetchup » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 am

Sorry just here to ask about the requirements. What does it mean with "full copy of passport" does it mean all pages? Thank you.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:13 am

HeinzTomatoKetchup wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 am
Sorry just here to ask about the requirements. What does it mean with "full copy of passport" does it mean all pages? Thank you.

All the pages photocopied in colour.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi All
hopw you all well during the covid19 pandemic,
I am here in Ireland 5 year now on stamp 4eufam and also have Irish citizen child born here, just wondering anyone has applied Irish cititzenship under the parent of irish citizen child?
i would be appreciate if you give you me your experience and feedback, how long application takes?what document shoud i send to?
comparing to 5year residence and applying to irish citizenship?do i still have to provide 3 different bill on each year or is that not necessary?
just if you can list thing i should send to INIS?

Thanks very much

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:05 pm

RizzaS wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:13 am
HeinzTomatoKetchup wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 am

All the pages photocopied in colour.
does it also have to be certified by solicitor as saying true copy of original or thats not necessary

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 pm

focabh wrote:
zaza7625 wrote:
Rahim26 wrote:
Thanks in advance

Hi All
hopw you all well during the covid19 pandemic,
I am here in Ireland 5 year now on stamp 4eufam and also have Irish citizen child born here, just wondering anyone has applied Irish cititzenship under the parent of irish citizen child?
i would be appreciate if you give you me your experience and feedback, how long application takes?what document shoud i send to?
comparing to 5year residence and applying to irish citizenship?do i still have to provide 3 different bill on each year or is that not necessary?
just if you can list thing i should send to INIS?

Thanks very much

asadbhatti99978
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by asadbhatti99978 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi anybody know I applied bad of zambrano 29th october 2019 and I provide DNA report after few weeks ourself they did not ask for this so now after 11 month get back to us asking my original current passport and further information about our relationship and and my role of in irish citizen child
And etc I submit all documentation and information last week through solicitor anyone idea how they will take more to make decisions ? Thanks

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Shade90 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 pm
Friend of mine got it end of last month he was also waiting for over a year.
what basis does your friend applied?
parent of irish born child of non-eu parent or?

Shade90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shade90 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm

Parents of Irish born child,

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:59 am

Shade90 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm
Parents of Irish born child,
thanks for your reply
is your friend a member of immigrationboards.com?
I d like to ask more?
i am a non EU parent, my child is Irish by birth(British father),
what documents did your friend submit? how long does it take?
certify document of birth certificate and passport?
who can certify documents? garda or solicitor?
to certify documents front page or all passport page?

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 am

focabh wrote:
zaza7625 wrote:
Rahim26 wrote:
Thanks in advance

did you apply citizenship based in parent of irish citizenship child

Amaizac
Zimbabwe

Post by Amaizac » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:39 pm

euspouse07 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:01 am
As long as you are playing the constructive role in the child,s life and able to prove it.
Hi all,

I applied for the zambrano in January this year and only now they are asking for extra documentation.
They asking about my relationship with the other parent and asking how I support myself as my permission has expired.

Any advice on how to respond as I can't work or get social welfare cause they have my application.

Kindly assist
P.s I am the mother of the child

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Amaizac wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:39 pm
euspouse07 wrote:
As long as you are playing the constructive role in the child,s life and able to prove it.
Hi all,

I applied for the zambrano in January this year and only now they are asking for extra documentation.
They asking about my relationship with the other parent and asking how I support myself as my permission has expired.

Any advice on how to respond as I can't work or get social welfare cause they have my application.

Kindly assist
[/quote
are you non eu national with Irish citizen child? Did you apply irish citizenship after three years?

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:00 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Amaizac wrote:
euspouse07 wrote:
Hi all,

Kindly assist
[/quote
are you non eu national with Irish citizen child? Did you apply irish citizenship after three years?
my relationship with the other parent? what do you mean?are you divorced from child's father?

Amaizac
Zimbabwe

Post by Amaizac » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:00 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Amaizac wrote:
euspouse07 wrote:
Hi all,

Kindly assist
[/quote
my relationship with the other parent? what do you mean?are you divorced from child's father?
I am non EU. Child already has Irish citizenship. We are dating but living separately as we are not married

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Amaizac wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm
tugii20 wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
Amaizac wrote:

Hi all,

Kindly assist
[/quote
I am non EU. Child already has Irish citizenship. We are dating but living separately as we are not married
What stamp have you had when you apply?stamp4 or stamp4 eufam?What documents did you provide first hand? is father of your child Irish or British?

Amaizac
Zimbabwe

Post by Amaizac » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:33 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 pm
Amaizac wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
tugii20 wrote:

What stamp have you had when you apply?stamp4 or stamp4 eufam?What documents did you provide first hand? is father of your child Irish or British?
Father of the child has been here 3 or more years prior to my son's birth hence my son was given an Irish passport. I was on stamp1G before this applicbut my permission had expired in September 2019 and I gave birth in November 2019. I gave them everything they requested on the Irish parentage form and always updated then as he got bigger with the immunization passport. So now they send me a letter requesting these extra documentation...I can prove our relationship but how can they ask about my financial situation when they know I can't work.
Not sure what to submit now

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Amaizac wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:33 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 pm
Amaizac wrote:
tugii20 wrote:

Father of the child has been here 3 or more years prior to my son's birth hence my son was given an Irish passport. I was on stamp1G before this applicbut my permission had expired in September 2019 and I gave birth in November 2019. I gave them everything they requested on the Irish parentage form and always updated then as he got bigger with the immunization passport. So now they send me a letter requesting these extra documentation...I can prove our relationship but how can they ask about my financial situation when they know I can't work.
Not sure what to submit now
is your partner british?or irish