ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

System still shows mandatory actions / book appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Proof of address/ date entering / other name

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:04 pm

hello all,

Both my partner and I are applying for ILR next month (from 5 years tier 2), we have a few questions would appreciate your advice.

a. For the proof of address - I purchased my current flat 1.5 years ago, and have been lived in three rented flats for 3.5 years. How many years of address proof need to be provided and how many kinds of them need to be provided (5-6 kinds?)?
b. If my employer only use e-payslip / P60 (which I can download from the employee portal), do I need a separate letter to proof epayslip and P60 are authentic?
c. For the first date entering the UK - I came to study for my master in 2014 under Tier 4 and got my Tier 2 visa in Nov 2015 in UK. I entered UK in Sep 2014 under student visa, Sep 2015 under student visa again, and then Jan 2016 under Tier 2 visa. Should I put the Jan 2016 date as the entering UK date?
d. Have you every been know as other name? I have a English preferred name "Mike" which was called by my collogues at work place (and it appears in my company email/ skype system), but my payslip/P60/legal documents (e.g. contracts) are all by my legal name. Do I need to put Mike as my other name?

Many thanks for your reply. Have a good day all.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Proof of address/ date entering / other name

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:32 pm

a) Last 2 years. 3/4 sources evenly spread during the last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months.

b) I think, yes. Check the Tier 2 guidance.
Page 70

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf

c) In this case since you switched in UK, it will be your Initial Tier 2 visa issue date i.e. Nov 2015. This question is based on the current application’s qualifying period.

d) No. It is not a second “legal” name.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Proof of address/ date entering / other name

Post by mikelee001 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you very much CULLINAN.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Absences Evidence: flight booking and boarding pass

Post by mikelee001 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi all,

I have a questions related to if I need to provide flight booking / receipts as an evidence for my absence in the UK.

My absences from UK are within the limit requirement, but my employer cannot provide me letter to confirm each of my leave are approved by them, as they are not aware how I spent my holiday.

I can provide my old / current passport with the stamps on them as the validation for my absence dates. Would this be sufficient? OR do I need to provide all my flight booking literary to approve this?

Thank you all in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Absences Evidence: flight booking and boarding pass

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:48 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Hi all,

I have a questions related to if I need to provide flight booking / receipts as an evidence for my absence in the UK.

My absences from UK are within the limit requirement, but my employer cannot provide me letter to confirm each of my leave are approved by them, as they are not aware how I spent my holiday.

I can provide my old / current passport with the stamps on them as the validation for my absence dates. Would this be sufficient? OR do I need to provide all my flight booking literary to approve this?

Who told you your employer must provide you with such a letter ????! You employer simply needs to say that your absences from work were approved by them. The details of your absences or what you did are NOT relevant. No employer will provide such letter and no one expects them to do either. Also, NO evidence is required except for your passports
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Absences Evidence: flight booking and boarding pass

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:58 pm

Thank you Zimba, that is a relief!!

I've just saw so many posts on the forum that said the employer needs to provide a letter listed all your absence and says that "all absences are approved by them".
Zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:48 pm
mikelee001 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Hi all,

Who told you your employer must provide you with such a letter ????! You employer simply needs to say that your absences from work were approved by them. The details of your absences or what you did are NOT relevant. No employer will provide such letter and no one expects them to do either. Also, NO evidence is required except for your passports

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Reason for absence

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi all,

I have three questions related to the reasons for my absence that would appreciate if you could help.

1. When I entre the reasons for my absence (What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?), how detailed do I need to be? i.e. Do I need to say "business", or " business required by employer", or "business required to do xx project related to xx". For holidays, do I need to say "holiday", or "annual holiday approved by employer" or "annual holiday approved by employer / weekend travel to visit my family / attend my sister's wedding etc"?

2.When I explain my reasons for absence, do I need to specify it it is unpaid holiday (20 days), sick leave (5 days), or I can classify them all under "holidays"?

3. The form says -"Provide reasons, including if you were travelling through, for each country you spent time in during this period of absence"- Does this mean if I spend the holiday time to travel different countries without returning to the UK, I need to list down all of them in the comment box and explain the reasons? E.g. if I spend 14 days outside UK, and travelled to Italy and Germany, I would list the 14 days absence under Italy and then put Germany in the comment box? Or I need to put this two countries under two travels?

Thank you very much in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Reason for absence

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:41 pm

These are NOT trick questions and they are self explanatory

1. Minimal info
2. Just holidays is fine
3. Correct.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

If the employment letter information is sufficient

Post by mikelee001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 pm

Hi all,

Please see below the employment letter issued by my employer, which they said is the standard letter they issue for ILR purpose. Would really appreciate if you could take a look and let me know if this is sufficient (especially in the absence confirmation part). Any advice would be fantastic.

Letter as below:
Private and Confidential
UK Visas and Immigration
SET(O) Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Dear Sir/Madam,
Please accept this letter as confirmation that XXX has been employed within our UK
offices since 10 Oct 2015. XXX currently holds the position of XXX.
There is a continuing need for XXX to remain in permanent employment with this firm in
the UK.

Based on the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors we have identified the most appropriate
code of practice for XXX's role as XXXX – XXXX. As XXX's annual gross salary is £XX, we are able to certify that he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for this role. Please also note that XXX is entitled to
annual leave of 25 days per annum. As you will note from XXX’s schedule of absences
from the UK, XXX is frequently required to travel outside the UK as part of the duties of
his employment.

For information, the firm's e-payslips are the only official and authorised notification of payment
that employees receive.

It is the firm’s policy not to provide any other details.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: If the employment letter information is sufficient

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:55 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Hi all,

Please see below the employment letter issued by my employer, which they said is the standard letter they issue for ILR purpose. Would really appreciate if you could take a look and let me know if this is sufficient (especially in the absence confirmation part). Any advice would be fantastic.

Letter as below:
Private and Confidential
UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Dear Sir/Madam,
Please accept this letter as confirmation that XXX has been employed within our UK
There is a continuing need for XXX to remain in permanent employment with this firm in
the UK.

Based on the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors we have identified the most appropriate
code of practice for XXX's role as XXXX – XXXX. As XXX's annual gross salary is £XX, we are able to certify that he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for this role. Please also note that XXX is entitled to
annual leave of 25 days per annum. As you will note from XXX’s schedule of absences
from the UK, XXX is frequently required to travel outside the UK as part of the duties of
his employment.

For information, the firm's e-payslips are the only official and authorised notification of payment
that employees receive.

What you have detailed above is sufficient.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:30 am

Does the letter mention your weekly hours on which your annual pay is based?

Also, I hope your absences out of UK are within the required limits?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:17 pm

srsw wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:30 am
Does the letter mention your weekly hours on which your annual pay is based?

Also, I hope your absences out of UK are within the required limits?
Thanks srsw for replying. It doesn't mention my weekly hour (my hour is 35 / week), is that something I should ask them to include?

My absence is within the limit of 180 days rolling basis and 90 days in the last year. If that is the case, would the content in the letter be sufficient? I have c.20 days unpaid leave, and some sick leave out side UK, but all within the limits, does the employer need to state those specific reasons and all absences are allowed by them?

Thank you.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:18 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:55 pm
mikelee001 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Hi all,

Letter as below:
Private and Confidential
UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Dear Sir/Madam,
the UK.

his employment.

that employees receive.

What you have detailed above is sufficient.
Thank you AmazonianX.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:17 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Thanks srsw for replying. It doesn't mention my weekly hour (my hour is 35 / week), is that something I should ask them to include?

My absence is within the limit of 180 days rolling basis and 90 days in the last year. If that is the case, would the content in the letter be sufficient? I have c.20 days unpaid leave, and some sick leave out side UK, but all within the limits, does the employer need to state those specific reasons and all absences are allowed by them?

Thank you.
If leaves are within the limits then no further action required.

Ideally weekly hours needs to be mentioned I think as that's how it's mentioned in code of practice. If your employer is happy to reissue the letter with that then go for it. If not, if that's clear in your pay slip then that may cover it I guess.

Here's what the checklist says:

A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming that you are:

still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future, and in the case of Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sports Person) and Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrants this document should also contain:
the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment your current rate of pay (this should be given in the same format as given in the codes of practice, for example hourly rate or yearly salary), and confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. (See note 8 below)
if you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, confirmation of the date this started, your salary immediately before the leave, and what your salary will be on your return.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Do we need HMRC 5 years tax proof

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi all,

I am applying through 5 years working route, and have a couple question related to the 5 years tax proof.

I understand I will need to provide my past 5 years P60 from my employer (I only have one employer) and 6 months pay slips. My questions are below
1. Do I need to call HMRC to get my 5 years tax payment proof as part of the application document or my 5 years P60 would serve the purpose?
2. My company's P60 can only be provided in the employer portal (the same HR portal as the e-pay slips). Do I need to get an additional validation letter for my P60 too? Or P60 is normally distributed in the self-service employee portal.

Thank you all very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do we need HMRC 5 years tax proof

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have on the same application!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do we need HMRC 5 years tax proof

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:21 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 pm
Hi all,

I am applying through 5 years working route, and have a couple question related to the 5 years tax proof.

I understand I will need to provide my past 5 years P60 from my employer (I only have one employer) and 6 months pay slips. My questions are below
1. Do I need to call HMRC to get my 5 years tax payment proof as part of the application document or my 5 years P60 would serve the purpose?
2. My company's P60 can only be provided in the employer portal (the same HR portal as the e-pay slips). Do I need to get an additional validation letter for my P60 too? Or P60 is normally distributed in the self-service employee portal.

Thank you all very much.
1. No.

3. You do NOT need P60s. You only need one months payslip and one mo the corresponding ban statement!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Do I need to list weekend holiday in the absence form?

Post by mikelee001 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well.

I have a question related to filling in the absence form. I have c.40 absence entries including c.10 weekend absence entries (e.g. holiday travelling to Europe with denaturing on Sat and Returning on Sun).

1. Do I need to list these weekend absence in the form?
2. What should I do for the absence entries that I cannot fill in the form? There are only 30 entries space in the from.

Thank you very much.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Do I need to list weekend holiday in the absence form?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:14 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Hi all,

I have a question related to filling in the absence form. I have c.40 absence entries including c.10 weekend absence entries (e.g. holiday travelling to Europe with denaturing on Sat and Returning on Sun).

2. What should I do for the absence entries that I cannot fill in the form? There are only 30 entries space in the from. Provide them in the additional information section or create a document in the format of what is on the application and upload it S part of your documentary evidence.

Thank you very much.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Do I need to list weekend holiday in the absence form?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Hi all,

2. What should I do for the absence entries that I cannot fill in the form? There are only 30 entries space in the from.

Thank you very much.
1) Departure date and arrival date is not counted in absences. Only full days are counted. So if you left UK on a Saturday and back on Sunday, it is not an absence. If you left on a Saturday and back on Monday, only 1 day absence. No need to mention the former case(s).

2) Follow as stated above by @AmazonianX.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Upload evidence for ILR application

Post by mikelee001 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I have some questions related to uploading evidence in the ILR application.

1. I noticed in my document check list there are two items as below. I am currently working under a tier 2 visa and I have a BRP stated my visa. Are below two items the same thing for me? What is evidence of immigration status?
a. Evidence of XXX (my name) immigration status in the UK
b. Current Biometric Residence Permit for XXX (my name)

2. I was asked to provide below. Can these be the same thing for me?
a. all previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
b. Other evidence of XXX's reasons for absences from the UK (when I filled the form, I said my old and current passports stamps can prove my absences as well)

3. I don't have my HK national identity card with me, but I didn't use that for travel, I used my passport. Do I still need to provide that for 2b requirement?

4. Would the document scanned by my phone (using CamScanner app) okay for the quality or it needs to be from print machine?

Thank you all very much. Really appreciate your help. :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Upload evidence for ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:37 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi all,

1. I noticed in my document check list there are two items as below. I am currently working under a tier 2 visa and I have a BRP stated my visa. Are below two items the same thing for me? What is evidence of immigration status?
Yes

a. all previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
b. Other evidence of XXX's reasons for absences from the UK (when I filled the form, I said my old and current passports stamps can prove my absences as well)
All you need is passport(s) covering last 5 years, employment letter and absence letter from employer

3. I don't have my HK national identity card with me, but I didn't use that for travel, I used my passport. Do I still need to provide that for 2b requirement?
No

4. Would the document scanned by my phone (using CamScanner app) okay for the quality or it needs to be from print machine?
Yes. I have always used my phone. No issues.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:41 pm

mikelee001 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi all,

Your BRP serves the purpose

b. Other evidence of XXX's reasons for absences from the UK (when I filled the form, I said my old and current passports stamps can prove my absences as well) correct

3. I don't have my HK national identity card with me, but I didn't use that for travel, I used my passport. Do I still need to provide that for 2b requirement? No

4. Would the document scanned by my phone (using CamScanner app) okay for the quality or it needs to be from print machine? If it stays within acceptable format, size and it is legible/quality, however worth doing well if machine is available

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Proof of address - do we need this?

Post by mikelee001 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 am

Hi all,

I understood that we may need to provide the proof of address for the last 2 years. However, after I submitted my application (via 5 years tier 2 route), I didn't see there is requirement in the document check list for this.

1. Do we all need to provide this? If so, which section should we include in the documents uploading?
2. If yes, I understand we need to provide 3/4 sources evenly spread during the last 2 years. Does this mean I need to provide 3 different documents every 4 month or I need to provide 1 document every 4 month but overall can from 3 sources?

Thank you very much for you help.