ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EMergency Travel-How long can you stay outside the uk on tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhruv4500
Newly Registered
Mood:

EMergency Travel-How long can you stay outside the uk on tier 4 visa

Post by dhruv4500 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm

I have been in Uk on a tier-2 visa and did my masters which finished August-2020 and applied for another course in a University- applied for a Tier-4 visa again from the college.
My college classes are started and my Visa is still in process. I didn't get a BRP card yet.

I have to travel to India due to an emergency situation for my father.
I have two questions:

1. How long can I stay outside the UK?
2. What proof can I show when I come back to the UK
(I am trying to get a letter from the university, would that be good enough to show at immigration?)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EMergency Travel-How long can you stay outside the uk on tier 4 visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Tier 2?

What is your current status? Do you have a pending Tier 4 application?

Leaving the UK with a pending application is usually not recommended as it may lead to the cancellation of your application.

Hope the father is doing well...

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm

dhruv4500 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm
As long as you wish. Leaving the Common Travel Area with a pending application automatically withdraws that application, so you are not on any specific deadline for coming back. Your university may have a view on how long they will allow you to be away from your studies though.
dhruv4500 wrote:
(I am trying to get a letter from the university, would that be good enough to show at immigration?)
If you withdraw your application by travelling outside the Common Travel Area, you will need to make a new Tier 4 visa application in your home country in order to return to the UK for your studies. Speak to your university about whether you need a new CAS for the new application.

You appear to think you can simply travel and re-enter the UK while your application is pending, with no effect on the application. You cannot.
Last edited by sah10406 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:21 pm

dhruv4500 wrote:
I have been in Uk on a tier-2 visa and did my masters which finished August-2020 and applied for another course in a University- applied for a Tier-4 visa again from the college.
My college classes are started and my Visa is still in process. I didn't get a BRP card yet.

I have to travel to India due to an emergency situation for my father.
I have two questions:

Who are you asking for??? Your previous posts state you are applying for citizenship in January 2020.

british-citizenship/how-long-is-the-bri ... l#p1865370

Also, are you posting under a different username?? Identical question posted. Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/emergency-trave ... l#p1945151

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dhruv4500
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dhruv4500 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi I posted it on behalf of my friend as it is an emergency situation.
But after posting, some of details like dates are incorrect. I couldn’t edit it so I asked my friend post a new question with correct details.
Sorry for confusion I will try to delete my post if I can.

Thanks for the replies.