ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds affecting my ltr?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tajbaifadbai
Newly Registered

Public funds affecting my ltr?

Post by Tajbaifadbai » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:26 am

Hey guys,
I was granted 30 months leave to remain under the flr m route about 2 months ago. It was granted under paragraph EX1.
Unfortunately we have fallen into a situation where I have no other choice but to apply for public funds (through the home office by filling their application form).
If I do get accepted and receive public funds will this affect my next extension of ltr? I am on the 5 year route. When I renew my ltr after the 30 months will I still be on the 5 year route or will I get moved to a 10 year route?
If someone can help please. Thanks

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Public funds affecting my ltr?

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:12 am

Tajbaifadbai wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:26 am
Hey guys,
I was granted 30 months leave to remain under the flr m route about 2 months ago. It was granted under paragraph EX1.
Unfortunately we have fallen into a situation where I have no other choice but to apply for public funds (through the home office by filling their application form).
If I do get accepted and receive public funds will this affect my next extension of ltr? I am on the 5 year route. When I renew my ltr after the 30 months will I still be on the 5 year route or will I get moved to a 10 year route?
If someone can help please. Thanks

If you are No Recouse to Public Funds, then you cannot have public funds. Public Funds are some benefits and being housed by the LEA (council).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds

I don't know if you can have NRPF removed, but others on here might.

Was it Universal Credit that you applied for?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Public funds affecting my ltr?

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:03 am

I'm not sure if I have read this correctly. Are you saying that your partner can have public funds but you can't?

If that is the case, there is a sticky on this site about Universal Credit, but read all the links.
claiming-benefits/universal-credit-clai ... 02126.html

Claiming Council Tax Reduction benefit is another public fund that can end up with more of that benefit money being given, which could be a breach of your visa.

New Style Jobseeker's Allowance is not a public fund. If you have been an employee in the UK and paid Type 1 NICs in the past two relevant tax years, and if your partner has not given a maintenance undertaking, you could apply for that too.
New Style JSA is a contribution based benefit. Normally, this means you may be able to get it if you’ve paid and/or been credited with enough National Insurance (NI) contributions in the 2 full tax years before the year you’re claiming in.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-j ... -allowance

It would reduce your joint Universal Credit claim (which the NRPF can't have any money from) pound for pound, but it might be an advantage for you to claim this way.