ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointments outside of Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

water_tank1
Ireland

Appointments outside of Dublin

Post by water_tank1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:34 am

Hi all,

I need to renew my GNIB card as it is expiring January 2021 and need to get the remaining permission as my passport wasn't valid for five years at the time of GNIB initial issue.

I've requested an appointment at my local garda station and no reply since two weeks so i sent a follow up email but nothing back yet.

Has anyone else experienced delays in receiving an appointment? or did also you call to aquire an appointment?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Appointments outside of Dublin

Post by Vorona » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:25 pm

I believe a lot of people are in the same situation. It's "normal".
All previously extended permissions were extended again until 20 of January 2021, that means you will have plenty of time to renew your permission.

Mine expired in May (OMG :mrgreen: ) and I only received an appointment slot for October.

Depending on your situation you might end up getting only the balance of your initial permission, which is going to be free. Once that expires you might need to renew it again for a full length of the permission.

There's not harm in asking to renew it for a full term when you go there.

Zahid zahid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zahid zahid » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 am

Could you please give information that my permission is expiring in January 2021 do i need to book appointment in oct nov of this year?

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Anyone elese been waiting a long time for an appointment here in Cork?

I sent a request for an appointement back in September and heard nothing back since only an automatic reply.

jklesk
Newly Registered

Post by jklesk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:57 am

I'm on same situation. I send 2 different email since last month no reply at all. I had 5 years stamp 4 because of my passport expiry date I have 4 years gnib card issued. I should have another year now because I have new passport but I can't get appointment because of no reply emails and my gnib card expires on 13 October. I don't know what to do.

cadindub
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cadindub » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am

I guess it depends on where you are based? I am in Kildare and rang the Garda Station and they gave me an appointment for 2 weeks later. Good luck!

jklesk
Newly Registered

Post by jklesk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm

I'm in Monaghan. I rang the garda station couple of times all they gave me just email address and no reply from that email address how I'm supposed to get appointment :| it used to be very easy before pandemic now it' very difficult

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 pm

cadindub wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am
I guess it depends on where you are based? I am in Kildare and rang the Garda Station and they gave me an appointment for 2 weeks later. Good luck!
Indeed.

I got an appointment for the end of Jan 2021 after contacting my local office last month.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

jklesk wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm
I'm in Monaghan. I rang the garda station couple of times all they gave me just email address and no reply from that email address how I'm supposed to get appointment :| it used to be very easy before pandemic now it' very difficult
Same here. I emailed them a month ago. When I called, I was told that they are still looking for a place to hold interviews. That's also a month ago.

Mithusub
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mithusub » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:54 pm
Anyone elese been waiting a long time for an appointment here in Cork?

I sent a request for an appointement back in September and heard nothing back since only an automatic reply.
I sent then an email last month 23 to book an appointment to cork immigration but only received automatic reply.
Nothing after 🤦🏻‍♂️

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:04 am

jklesk wrote:
Hi there. I received a voicemail from the Gardaí yesterday that he has been reading from the email appointments request. So definitely the way to go. I'm also from Mongahan.

Mithusub
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mithusub » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:26 am

Any update for Cork immigration appointment?

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Nothing so far regarding appointments for Cork.

I rang the next closest Garda station and was told I can't use any other office because I reside in Cork city.

Surely it would take pressure off big offices like Cork city if people can use other Garda stations that are less busy.

It would be even better if Immigration offices outside adopted the same as Dublin to accept online renewals then there would be alot less appointment requests and less crowding.

Mithusub
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mithusub » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:45 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 pm
Nothing so far regarding appointments for Cork.

I rang the next closest Garda station and was told I can't use any other office because I reside in Cork city.

Surely it would take pressure off big offices like Cork city if people can use other Garda stations that are less busy.

It would be even better if Immigration offices outside adopted the same as Dublin to accept online renewals then there would be alot less appointment requests and less crowding.
You are right, But we have no other choice rather than waiting

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 am

OK my appointment in Cork is tomorrow. Let's see how that goes.

jklesk
Newly Registered

Post by jklesk » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm

RizzaS wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:04 am
jklesk wrote:
Hi there. I received a voicemail from the Gardaí yesterday that he has been reading from the email appointments request. So definitely the way to go. I'm also from Mongahan.
Hi there, Fingers crossed. At least nice to hear that he read emails. So I guess immigration office is not open yet or reopening soon. I still didn't hear anything yet apart from auto reply that req my contact number but noone ring me yet. My stamp 4 card expire tomorrow hopefully it won't effect my employee. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:59 pm

jklesk wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi there, Fingers crossed. At least nice to hear that he read emails. So I guess immigration office is not open yet or reopening soon. I still didn't hear anything yet apart from auto reply that req my contact number but noone ring me yet. My stamp 4 card expire tomorrow hopefully it won't effect my employee. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Your permission will not expire until 20 January 2021.

The Monaghan office has reopened from 19 August. They might have a huge backlog to clear so it may take a few weeks before they come back to you.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 am
OK my appointment in Cork is tomorrow. Let's see how that goes.
How long did it take to get an appointment from when you first applied for an appointment?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:46 pm
How long did it take to get an appointment from when you first applied for an appointment?
It took 3 weeks to get an appointment. I've sent a request in the middle of August and got a reply in September for tomorrow's appointment. Basically 2 months from the initial request.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 am

Vorona wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 pm
water_tank1 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:46 pm
It took 3 weeks to get an appointment. I've sent a request in the middle of August and got a reply in September for tomorrow's appointment. Basically 2 months from the initial request.
Thanks very much, hopefully I will hear something soon. It's been almost two months since I requested an appointment.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Went to the office this morning before work. Nothing to say really, just got a new stamp. The only difference is that previously they would have asked me to visit them again and collect the card. Not anymore as the new card will be sent to my home.

Mithusub
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mithusub » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 am

Any update regarding Cork based immigration appointment?

a_mck
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by a_mck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:13 pm

Our Garda station is Bailieboro, which is still yet to reopen, sent numerous emails they said they will hopefully be reopening at end of October but not sure what station the registration will be in. This is for a first time registration for my husband for his stamp 4. We are in county Cavan and I’ve also tried three other stations nearby who all say they can’t see him because it’s not their district! It’s getting ridiculous now, as Cavan has moved back up to level 4 I doubt Bailieboro station will be reopening at end of Oct now. They better not be expecting my husband to leave in January as this is not our fault we can’t get an appointment as no one in another station will see us and our officer is taking a very long time to reopen.

Zahid zahid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zahid zahid » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:45 am

Hi there,
After moving 3 counties to level 4 recently are immigration offices operating normal or are they again vlosed like in first lockdown?
Thanku in advance

jjkhatri
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by jjkhatri » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi everyone my appointment date is 6th November outside of Dublin in my local Garda Station but tomorrow everything is going to be lock down, is my appointment will be cancelled or not
i Would appreciate if anyone can answer thank you