ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Spouse FLR(M) application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geoeng
Canada

Re: First Spouse FLR(M) application questions

Post by geoeng » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:25 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:41 am
Also Is there anyway of previewing your docs once uploaded? I can see the PDF name but no option to view the actual document?
The ability to view uploaded documents on the UKVCAS site after upload was not available the last time I applied about a year ago, you could only see the file name. You kind of just have to trust that what you uploaded is what they will be able to see.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Thank you guys

Anybody know which sub heading my wife’s expired passport goes under out of:

Proof of application?

Other?

Proof of identity/ Travel History?

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm

Also on the checklist

Evidence of monthly housing costs, a tat just the council tax and mortgage statements?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:31 am

mark2019 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:08 pm
Anybody know which sub heading my wife’s expired passport goes under out of:
I put mine under Proof of Identity/Travel History, assuming the intent of providing the expired passport is to show the travel history. If you are providing them for another reason, another category may be more appropriate. As long as the file name clearly describes what it is and it is in a category that could reasonably be considered applicable for the document, you shouldn't have any issues. There is a thread below that may help a bit in picking categories.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
mark2019 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm
Also on the checklist

Evidence of monthly housing costs, a tat just the council tax and mortgage statements?
Yes.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:23 am

Hello Geoeng

I was adding it as I thought they required to see all passports including expired? There was Specific reason other than that. So do I not need to upload this?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:21 am

mark2019 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:23 am
Hello Geoeng

I was adding it as I thought they required to see all passports including expired? There was Specific reason other than that. So do I not need to upload this?

Many thanks
If the initial visa was affixed on that expired passport then it might be necessary to upload it otherwise only supply it if the application form/checklist asks that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019

Re: First Spouse FLR(M) application times

Post by mark2019 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Hello Guys

I was under the impression that the applications were being processed in date order. I have noticed on the timeline forum many applications being processed and biometrics done after we had done ours and these people have already got there approval and application granted. Anyone know why this may be the case if they are supposed to be working in date order?

Many Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: First Spouse FLR(M) application times

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:46 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Hello Guys

I was under the impression that the applications were being processed in date order. I have noticed on the timeline forum many applications being processed and biometrics done after we had done ours and these people have already got there approval and application granted. Anyone know why this may be the case if they are supposed to be working in date order?

Many Thanks
That is bit indecipherable because of the erratic service and varying individual cases. But you can continue to check the latest development at the following link, and also there is a live text commentary is in place at various section of the board that may mollify you as you aren't alone in this boat.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... sageId=950
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Hello Seagul

I just went on the site and this is what is being said and what I was referring to;

After you have submitted your application via the IDV app or at a UKVCAS appointment, all supporting information is sent to UKVI within 24 hours.

UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.

If you have been selected to use the IDV app, please do so.
UKVI have assured us that booking an appointment does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly.

Obviously they are not doing it in date order at all

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:09 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:47 pm
Hello Seagul

I just went on the site and this is what is being said and what I was referring to;

After you have submitted your application via the IDV app or at a UKVCAS appointment, all supporting information is sent to UKVI within 24 hours.

UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.

If you have been selected to use the IDV app, please do so.
UKVI have assured us that booking an appointment does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly.

Obviously they are not doing it in date order at all
Due to varying nature of each case the date order won't work.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:19 pm

Hello Guys

We submitted our docs on the app 01/09, still not had a result, looks like people who are going for face to face are getting a much quicker turn around. I can get an appointment at the end of this month face to face.

Just wanted your opinions on weather or not you think it’s worth doing this?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:55 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:19 pm
Hello Guys

We submitted our docs on the app 01/09, still not had a result, looks like people who are going for face to face are getting a much quicker turn around. I can get an appointment at the end of this month face to face.

Just wanted your opinions on weather or not you think it’s worth doing this?

Many thanks
No harm in booking an appointment to check the results but these still might not be the same as you are expecting.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Only thing is I do t particularly want to pay for an appointment to then get the result before we’ve even had it through the app

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:04 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:59 pm
Only thing is I do t particularly want to pay for an appointment to then get the result before we’ve even had it through the app
Then you can carry on waiting if you can't afford or get a free appointment.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:06 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:59 pm
Hence why exercising patience may be a good thing. And I assure you not all in-person application is getting a quick turn around.
If you still want to, the trade is the booking fee for appointment if it pans out as you hinted above.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Yes that’s very true, just very frustrating seeing people’s visas being granted who have submitted everything afterwards, but am fully aware We are not the only ones in the position

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:14 am

Hello Guys

I have just been sent this

We can see from our systems that we were awaiting receipt of your biometrics in order to progress your application. Due to the operational delays incurred by the COVID-19 crisis, we are experiencing delays in all areas of UKVI; including the uploading of biometrics to our systems.

Your biometrics have now uploaded to our systems. The decision-making team have been made aware of this, along with your escalation; however, they now need time to consider your application. They will be in contact in due course.

Your patience is greatly appreciated at this unprecedented time.

Is this something we have to upload or something internally they are waiting on?

Many Thankd

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 am

Nothing that you need to do. Just waiting for a decision now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 am

Thank you for clearing that up.

So what do they mean by receipt of biometrics?

Many Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:17 am

mark2019 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 am
Thank you for clearing that up.

So what do they mean by receipt of biometrics?

Many Thanks
Seems a generic email where they are also confirming its receipt & uploading

mark2019 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:14 am

Your biometrics have now uploaded to our systems.

nick1961
Newly Registered

Post by nick1961 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 am

Lots of delays and indications that the biometrics app is causing time delay issues for those that have used it compared to those that use the appointment system.

The Home Office state that applications should be dealt with within 8 weeks of application.

My wife applied for her FLR Visa on the 23rd July and was able to submit documents online as part of the application. With the pandemic delays she was invited to use the biometrics app and documents were again submitted on the 29th Aug.

I've just called the call centre helpline and they say the 8 weeks usual processing time starts from the time applicants were able to complete biometrics via the app rather than the original application date. This is just for information but really the Home Office should put this change on their site.

Currently, the gov.uk website says : " Our service standard processing times for standard applications (6 months or 8 weeks depending on application type) will start when we receive your application."

My wife received an email today to say that her biometrics had not been received. This was despite submitting on the 29th Aug and the app saying everything was completed. So I called the call centre and they said they couldn't message the Home Office to query this and I'd have to wait until the end of Oct (8 weeks after the app biometrics and documents submission) until raising this. I think originally the advice was that submitted documents via the app would be forwarded to UKVI within 24 hours but the email today seems to suggest this hasn't happened for the six weeks or so since using the app.

All a bit up in the air and the frustrating thing is that there is no communication channel to get clarity.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am

Yea it’s absolutely crazy and so unfair. The fact they are saying the applications will be done in date order and they are clearly not, makes it even worse! Hopefully you will get a decision soon and you no longer need to worry. Good luck!

mark2019

FLR(M) Extension application questions

Post by mark2019 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 am

Hello Guys

Thank you very much for all your help, we had the visa approved last week yay!

Just had a quick question. I am in the process of getting all statements Etc changed to monthly in preparation for the extension. Do they have to be paper copy or are digital pdf sufficient?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) Extension application questions

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:28 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 am
Hello Guys

Thank you very much for all your help, we had the visa approved last week yay!

Just had a quick question. I am in the process of getting all statements Etc changed to monthly in preparation for the extension. Do they have to be paper copy or are digital pdf sufficient?

Many thanks
Digital copy in pdf format should be fine provided not being marked pacifically as "online"

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 pm

Perfect, Thank you

Also what is the requirement surrounding the cohabitation? As in how many documents over the 2.5 year period are needed?