ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling outside of the UK on Tier 4 dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bradleybuck1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Traveling outside of the UK on Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by bradleybuck1984 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello,

I'm a tier 4 student who has recently applied to extend my visa. My wife, child, and I entered the UK last August to complete an MLitt, and having completed this I am now in a PhD programme and have applied to extend my visa. However, we didn't have the money to extend my wife and child's visa at the same time. We'd like to extend theirs in January, after we'll get another disbursement of our student loans. It would be much easier to do this financially, but we'd also like to visit family back in the US, since we had a child here in December and they haven't met him yet (we're applying for his visa so he will be able to reenter the UK). My wife and daughter's visas expire in March and we would be back in early January. Will we run into any trouble reentering the UK if we haven't extended yet? FYI, my wife is also a full time student at the same University as me. Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Traveling outside of the UK on Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 am

bradleybuck1984 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 pm
Will we run into any trouble reentering the UK if we haven't extended yet?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.