ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Re: Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Yeah I'm getting her to do that. Thanks guys.

the online passenger locator form when she arrives to UK, can I fill this in on her behalf if she gives me the flight booking details? Or does she need to do it?

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-cont ... -travel-uk

Thanks
Shyam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

the online passenger locator form when she arrives to UK, can I fill this in on her behalf if she gives me the flight booking details? Or does she need to do it?

Thanks
Shyam
Most likely wont make any difference where the applicant's/passenger's email will be used. Still further information can be obtained from the free number shown at the bottom of the link.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 pm
shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks
Shyam
Most likely wont make any difference where the applicant's/passenger's email will be used. Still further information can be obtained from the free number shown at the bottom of the link.
Yes just get her a print copy for her to hand over with her passport and tuberculosis certificate to the border force official, makes the process easier. She will simply be landed.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:41 pm

Website says you can hold it on your phone and they scan the qr code.

Ill just fill it in when she departs then it'll be sent to her email

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:22 am

Hi guys. Just a quick question.

When you open joint bank account will I need to transfer all my direct debits to it, I.e. Salary pay in to that account?

Or do they just need to see that you've got a joint account and her salary is going into it only.

Kind regards
Shyam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:56 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:22 am
Hi guys. Just a quick question.

When you open joint bank account will I need to transfer all my direct debits to it, I.e. Salary pay in to that account?

Or do they just need to see that you've got a joint account and her salary is going into it only.

Kind regards
Shyam
For a legally married couples it doesn't matter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Thanks. Just a question about flr.

Visa letter she received when she went to collect passport says she has permission to be in uk from 25 August 2020 to 25 May 2023.

She entered uk on 02 October 2020 and collected brp on 16 October 2020.

What date do we apply for flr? Does the 33 months start from when she entered uk, in that case it would bring us to July 2023 by which visa expires?

Thanks
Shyam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 pm

What date do we apply for flr?
No sooner than 28ndays before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date she entered the UK, latest to apply is by visa expiry date.
Does the 33 months start from when she entered uk, in that case it would bring us to July 2023 by which visa expires?
Her qualifying period for ilr starts counting from the date she entered the UK, regardless of how long she took to enter the UK. The 33 months visa is from the date of approval and initial visa start date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Hello guys. Thanks for your responses.

I had a quick question about travelling in the future. Since she is on an initial spouse visa, would she only need to carry her BRP card and passport to travel internationally?

She wouldn't need anything else would she?

Kind regards
Shyam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:57 pm

would she only need to carry her BRP card and passport to travel internationally?
Yes, and a visa for whichever country she is travelling to if relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:36 pm

What if she's travelling to her home country where she has Nationality and is a citizen? I. E. The country where the UK spouse visa application was offered/made from. In this case Kenya?

Just the brp and her Kenya passport is fine right?

Thanks
Shyam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Then passport and BRP only. I did clearly say a visa for a country "if relevant"!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Hi guys. I want to change my wife's name as she is taking my name. Is it easier to do this once we're approaching visa extension after 2.5 years so she gets her new brp with her new name on, or is it better to do it now and replace the current card with old name?

Kenya high commission is so long, because our marriage didn't take place in Kenya, the marriage certificate needs to be certified by the country where it took place through a solicitor from there, and then it needs to be sent to Kenya gazette for registration and we would need to travel to London office to first change her kenyan Id name then travel again to change passport name.. Seems like a really lengthy process

Would it be easier changing it when she's got a British passport so we wouldn't have to go through all these hurdles with Kenya government.?

Thanks
Shyam

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Also, if she gets her new kenyan passport with new name, does it invalidate the old passport or can she still continue to use it for Id purposes, as long as it has not expired?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:04 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:30 pm
Also, if she gets her new kenyan passport with new name, does it invalidate the old passport or can she still continue to use it for Id purposes, as long as it has not expired?
Usually, you don't get to have two different ID documents such as passport issued by same authority coexisting as valid at the same time. The issuance of the new invalidate the other.
What is the purpose of the new one if there is still interest in using the former for ID purposes. You do need to decide what will works for you best.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:42 am

Thanks.

Hi guys I had a question about apprenticeships. Some employers are asking that partner needs to be a resident in the UK for 3 years before being eligible for an apprenticeship and some employers don't ask as long as you've got right to work. The guide on gov says that non-eea are not eligible unless they have been in uk resident for 3years.

I'm confused. Is she allowed to do an apprenticeship if she gets one or does it class as a public fund?

Its still a job with training so don't know what difference it makes if they fund another person who is a uk resident compared to someone who hasn't been for 3 years. They'll still have to fill the position.

Can anyone kindly shed some light on this please?

Thanks
Shyam

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 am

Says on this document. It also says that non-Eea nationals would be exempt from the 3 year requirement if we're a husband/wife. Does this include British citizens? Theres also a table on p86

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprentices ... ding-rules
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... __002_.pdf

I just want to know if my partner is eligible to do an apprenticeship on current spouse visa given that husband is British citizen.