ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: October Restricted CoS Allocations

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nuzhat012345
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nuzhat012345 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:57 am

Hi All, any idea when will the CoS allocation be conveyed for meeting that may be happening today for October allocations? If anyone got it, please reply back. Thanks.

ngcy95
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by ngcy95 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Mine still says "pending" :(

anacastro
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by anacastro » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 pm

I just received an email from my employer. They applied on the 17th of September. On the 30th of September, the HO contacted them to ask for more information (my name, DoB, passport, etc). Today (22nd) our RCoS was denied for 2 reasons:

1 - They didn't advertise the role on a UK government-sponsored careers page (which is a criterion they didn't have to meet as Engineering -my role- is a critical shortage role). Furthermore, they did advertise it on a specific career website, and more than 900 people applied.

2- Apparently the pay they offered is below the threshold (UK govt is listed as £27,600). My salary was 32.5k. They said it should be 33k for 40h of work (?).

Now they are gathering more info to make to apply again next month and to "fix" these items required by the government.

I'll have to wait for another month and hopefully, the government won't find any more problems. But good luck to the rest of you.