ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bulgaria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by 024601 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:31 pm

TheTraveller wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:54 am
Good morning beautiful people - Is there anyone here approved in July 2020?
I was approved on 13.07

Runner12345
Newly Registered

Post by Runner12345 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:06 pm

Sochi08 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:48 am
Runner12345 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:54 pm
Sochi08 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 pm
Runner12345 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 am

I just want to get it done, as I applied mid-February already. The Zoom ceremony is super quick, they say 10-15min, so I also do not have to take time off work. I have asked if a friend of mine can dial into it as my virtual guest. They responded within 2h offering me a slot for Wednesday. The group ceremony is a different contact person, so not sure how frequently they are doing those.
Thanks for the response really appreciate it! Have a great ceremony 😁
Thank you! I hope you receive your letter tomorrow! Just to add: you are not allowed to forward the link, so you cannot have guest dialing in from elsewhere. Also thanks to baybars1 from me, for helping us get some comfort on anticipated timelines!

Finally!!! I got the Almighty invitation Letter🥳
Got the invite this morning dated 22/9/2020
The model is really spot on was expecting it on the 10/10 and 12/10 and it came 👏 now waiting for Southwark to respond to my email. Thanks to everyone on this forum and good luck to all still waiting hopefully it wouldn’t be long anymore 🙏
Yeah! Glad to hear this! I found them fairly responsive on email, so good luck!

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:40 pm

024601 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:31 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:54 am
Good morning beautiful people - Is there anyone here approved in July 2020?
I was approved on 13.07
I was approved 31st july

Sochi08
Newly Registered

Post by Sochi08 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:44 pm

Runner12345 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:06 pm
Sochi08 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:48 am
Runner12345 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:54 pm
Sochi08 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks for the response really appreciate it! Have a great ceremony 😁
Thank you! I hope you receive your letter tomorrow! Just to add: you are not allowed to forward the link, so you cannot have guest dialing in from elsewhere. Also thanks to baybars1 from me, for helping us get some comfort on anticipated timelines!

Finally!!! I got the Almighty invitation Letter🥳
Got the invite this morning dated 22/9/2020
The model is really spot on was expecting it on the 10/10 and 12/10 and it came 👏 now waiting for Southwark to respond to my email. Thanks to everyone on this forum and good luck to all still waiting hopefully it wouldn’t be long anymore 🙏
Yeah! Glad to hear this! I found them fairly responsive on email, so good luck!

Thanks 🙏 yes they responded to my email strangely asking for a photograph of my invitation letter 😏 then saying my ceremony will be this week but will get back to me tomorrow with date and time, couldn’t be much happier( for the part that says this week and tomorrow I get to know the day and time) My council is Southwark

My timeline again
Applied online 25th of March 2020
Biometric done 8th June 2020
Approved via email 12th June 2020
Invitation received 12th October 2020
Ceremony will be booked tomorrow

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:02 am

My council is not taking phonecalls at all and their email auto reply says they aim to respond within 72 hours. Apparently they are short staffed due to coronavirus, I guess they haven't figured out the whole working from home yet... My point being you are very lucky to have helpful and responsive councils, some are not interested in public contacting them for any reason hahaha

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 am

Birmingham Council is very responsive and friendly.
However it’s only by email if anyone tries to contact.
They receive every Tuesday a batch and need time until Wednesday to get an overview and let people know if they have received their details.

Last week they have received June certificates.

Ccouture
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Ccouture » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:35 am

Good morning all. I've been a silent viewer of this thread since March. Congrats all who have already had their citizenship ceremony. I was approved in July 17, still here waiting patiently for my invitation letter. Fingers hands and toes cross.

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:43 am

Ccouture wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:35 am
Good morning all. I've been a silent viewer of this thread since March. Congrats all who have already had their citizenship ceremony. I was approved in July 17, still here waiting patiently for my invitation letter. Fingers hands and toes cross.
i am sure you get it soon , i been waiting since 3rd of june .. still waiting

AnnOsun
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by AnnOsun » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Everyone

I've recently stumbled upon this website and I must say it has so many useful reads!

I got approved on the 16th of July 2020 and still waiting for an invitation letter for my ceremony. Like many of you I've emailed the Home office and local council but been told to wait.

Is anyone able to give ne a timeline as to when I should expect to received the ceremony invitation letter?

Thanks in advance :D

baybars1

Post by baybars1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm

AnnOsun wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 am
Hi Everyone

I've recently stumbled upon this website and I must say it has so many useful reads!

I got approved on the 16th of July 2020 and still waiting for an invitation letter for my ceremony. Like many of you I've emailed the Home office and local council but been told to wait.

Is anyone able to give ne a timeline as to when I should expect to received the ceremony invitation letter?

Thanks in advance :D
The model I have suggests that your invitation should have been printed yesterday, 12 October 2020, and it should reach you on or around 3 November 2020. Good luck!

AnnOsun
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by AnnOsun » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Thank you so much, my fingers are crossed :D

Roxen
Newly Registered

Post by Roxen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Good afternoon everyone
Good news but half at the moment. I received my invitation letter today dated 26/09/20. But when I call my council few time it seems like they force you to hear all the long speech about covid and then they drop your call. I emailed to the registrar office about the ceremony letter has arrived and need to book a ceremony now. Someone replied saying they haven't received my certificate yet with advice the 21 days booking time is no longer enforced because of covid.
My time line is as below
Application made 03/03/20
Biometric done on 12/06/20
Approval letter dated 25/06/20
Letter receive date 30/06/20
Invitation later date 26/09/20
Invitation letter received 13/06/20
I will try my luck again on Thursday will see what they say
Good luck to everyone who are waiting.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Dear Members,
Hope you are wearing the best colours of health.
This is what i got via email today.

Baybars1 your formula is working💪

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for contacting the Further Nationality Enquiry email inbox. We apologise for the delay in reply.

We can confirm that your ceremony invitation was dispatched on 28 September. We ask that you allow 10 working days for delivery.

In normal circumstances customers were required to book their citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office.  Due to the current circumstances we have extended this period to six months. We will keep this under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).      

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm
Dear Members,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for contacting the Further Nationality Enquiry email inbox. We apologise for the delay in reply.

We can confirm that your ceremony invitation was dispatched on 28 September. We ask that you allow 10 working days for delivery.

In normal circumstances customers were required to book their citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office.  Due to the current circumstances we have extended this period to six months. We will keep this under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).      

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration
What date was your approval date please ?

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm

TheTraveller wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Dear Members,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration
Hello The Traveller,
Approved 29 June 2020 via post
Received 02 July 2020
Goodluck to all of us waiting.

N1234

Post by N1234 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Finally Ceremony done!! I had to wait 18 days for it, a week before my ceremony I sent a complaint about not having the option to do a private ceremony for safety and for speed. They sent me an email saying I can book a private ceremony for earlier date. By then, it was too late because I was gonna have my ceremony in a week time. So for anyone waiting for ceremony, it might be worth emailing your council to speed up the process if it takes long like mine.

Good luck everyone and see you in passport.

Waiting for approval- 21/12/2019–03/07/20 (6 months and 10 days)

Waiting for invitation- 03/07/2020 — 25/09/20 (2 months and 22 days)

Waiting for ceremony day- 25/09/20 — 13/10/20 (18 days)

It almost took 10 months.

AsPa
Newly Registered

Post by AsPa » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
BoyTed wrote:
Dear Members,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration
Hello The Traveller,
Received 02 July 2020
Oh i got approved the same date as you too... so hopefully we should received the invitation letter within the next week or so.... Finger crossed....

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm

AsPa wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
BoyTed wrote:
Dear Members,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration
Hello The Traveller,
Received 02 July 2020
Oh i got approved the same date as you too... so hopefully we should received the invitation letter within the next week or so.... Finger crossed....
Indeed Aspa,
It's been a long wait hopefully next week.
Goodluck to all of us in this forum.

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Roxen wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 pm
Good afternoon everyone
Good news but half at the moment. I received my invitation letter today dated 26/09/20. But when I call my council few time it seems like they force you to hear all the long speech about covid and then they drop your call. I emailed to the registrar office about the ceremony letter has arrived and need to book a ceremony now. Someone replied saying they haven't received my certificate yet with advice the 21 days booking time is no longer enforced because of covid.
My time line is as below
Hi Roxen, I had a call from the council today, they have only just received my certificate that very morning and it came special delivery whilst I received an invitation letter on Saturday sent second class. So might be a few more days :)

ASegs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by ASegs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi All,
Hope you are keeping well. Massive thanks to the coordinators and contributors of this forum! Its been a massive help.

Is anyone from Oxfordshire County Council? I received my invitation on 28/09/2020 dated 01/09/2020 (I applied in 09/03/2020 got approval email 09/06/2020). I have been trying to get my ceremony booked but the council says they are yet to received certificate from HO.

Below is the reply I received on Friday 09/10/2020 from the registers office

Good Afternoon,

Please be aware we are still waiting for certificates to be delivered from the Home Office, there is an issue with the courier service they use which we have raised with them.

If you have received a letter from the Home Office stating you need to contact your local authority to book a ceremony with in 21 days do not worry due to the pandemic this is no longer being enforced.

As soon as we receive your certificate of naturalisation from the Home Office we will send you an invitation to the earliest available ceremony date.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Is anyone else in similar situation ?

standrews

Post by standrews » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:32 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Dear Members,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration
Hi BoyTed,

Many congratulations and I hope you get the letter in a day or two. In how many days does this "Further Nationality Enquiry email" replied back to you?

Thanks!

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi BoyTed, congratulations!
Which email did you send your enquiry to and how long did they take to respond?
BoyTed wrote:
Dear Members,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Yours sincerely

X xxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

lmannova

Post by lmannova » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Jojo19 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:25 am
Is there anyone here from Greenwich council?
If so any updates from them?

Been waiting since June. Applied in Mar approved in June and still waiting for my invitation letter
Hi, I am am from Greenwich council.

Did you receive your invitation letter already?

My approval was on 20th July but I am worried they suspended the ceremonies for now..

Roxen
Newly Registered

Post by Roxen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Vilandra wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:59 pm
Roxen wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 pm
Good afternoon everyone
My time line is as below
Hi Roxen, I had a call from the council today, they have only just received my certificate that very morning and it came special delivery whilst I received an invitation letter on Saturday sent second class. So might be a few more days :)
Hello Velindre
Congratulations to you. You are lucky that they actually called you and confirmed that your certificate has arrived. But my council which is Oxfordshire county council which has resumed ceremonies since July but still they are not helpful and doesn't like to be contacted until you have received the invitation letter. Now I have received it they only confirmed that no certificate has arrived yet. I am hoping next week they will it.

Roxen
Newly Registered

Post by Roxen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm

ASegs wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:29 pm
Hi All,
Hope you are keeping well. Massive thanks to the coordinators and contributors of this forum! Its been a massive help.

Is anyone from Oxfordshire County Council? I received my invitation on 28/09/2020 dated 01/09/2020 (I applied in 09/03/2020 got approval email 09/06/2020). I have been trying to get my ceremony booked but the council says they are yet to received certificate from HO.

Below is the reply I received on Friday 09/10/2020 from the registers office

Good Afternoon,

Please be aware we are still waiting for certificates to be delivered from the Home Office, there is an issue with the courier service they use which we have raised with them.

If you have received a letter from the Home Office stating you need to contact your local authority to book a ceremony with in 21 days do not worry due to the pandemic this is no longer being enforced.

As soon as we receive your certificate of naturalisation from the Home Office we will send you an invitation to the earliest available ceremony date.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Is anyone else in similar situation ?
Hello ASegs
I am in a same boat where you are. I am also from Oxfordshire county council. No wonder why Oxfordshire county council is very popular in the whole country they always have issues, they may be arguing with the courier company demanding them to pay money with the certificates. ( just joking ) same here they told me this morning that 21 days limit is not in force. That means forget about your ceremony go back to waiting. Good luck man its been over 2 weeks they couldn't get your certificate. Now I need more patience and this wait is killing me. Please do update here when they received it so I can see some hope. Good luck