ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RizzaS
Philippines

Re: Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Post by RizzaS » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:06 am

ariadnelogy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:56 am
RizzaS wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:07 pm
ariadnelogy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 pm
Hi everyone! Just wanted to jump on this wagon with the timeline of my application. I just applied for EU1A to be considered a permitted family member of my EU partner. Sent the application via email (because of the COVID-19 pandemic).

Date of Application: 23/07/2020
Date of Acknowledgement letter sent: 24/07/2020
Date of Stamp 4 received: -
Date of final approval or refusal: -

I'm really hoping they will issue me a temporary Stamp 4 so that I may continue working! Really crossing my fingers here.
Hi. Were you able to get a temporary Stamp 4? How long did it take? 😊
Hi there! Nothing yet :( they sent me another email on 03/09/2020 asking me to submit by post a hard copy of my application and I sent all documentation on 10/09/2020, including a letter explaning my employment situation to see if that helps speed up the process. My current permission expires on 24/10/2020 so hopefully by then they will issue me with a temporary stamp :oops:
Wow! So it will take a long time by the looks of it. I completely missed out sending the application thru email. I just sent the hard copy straight away. The thing that worries me is, I mistakenly sent the application thru standard post. I told the person in the post office I want it sent thru registered post, I needes to right something to the packet then was served different till. I failed to tell her. 😔 My landing permission expires 01/11/2020. I can't do anything while waiting. Don't know if I can even apply for a job. There's a "no authorised work" stamp in my passport. Goodluck to us. :|

Marlo6
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Marlo6 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Hi all, joining the long queue here.

Date of Application: 08/09/2020
Date of Acknowledgement letter sent:

My husband got his C visa through appeal, we paid €1.800 to solicitor for appeal letter. We sent hard copy only, it was delivered on 09/09/2020, he has right to remain in the State until the 03/10/2020.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 pm

ariadnelogy wrote:
RizzaS wrote:
ariadnelogy wrote:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to jump on this wagon with the timeline of my application. I just applied for EU1A to be considered a permitted family member of my EU partner. Sent the application via email (because of the COVID-19 pandemic).

I'm really hoping they will issue me a temporary Stamp 4 so that I may continue working! Really crossing my fingers here.
Hi there! Nothing yet :( they sent me another email on 03/09/2020 asking me to submit by post a hard copy of my application and I sent all documentation on 10/09/2020, including a letter explaning my employment situation to see if that helps speed up the process. My current permission expires on 24/10/2020 so hopefully by then they will issue me with a temporary stamp :oops:
Employment situation? Have you been accepted for employment? I have an interview on Thursday and seems like I will need to tell them that I cannot even go for that interview unless there is a miracle that I receive even an acknowledgment until wednesday. 😂

ariadnelogy
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by ariadnelogy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Hey everyone!! I'm very excited to say I received my temporary Stamp 4 permission today!! So my timeline goes like this now:

EU1A
Date of Stamp 4 received: 16/09/2020

I know it's only the temporary but can't describe how happy I am lol. It's worth noting that my permission was granted until 22/04/2021 which is longer than I thought. Not complaning tho!!

Good luck to everyone

ariadnelogy
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by ariadnelogy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm

RizzaS wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 pm
ariadnelogy wrote:
RizzaS wrote:
ariadnelogy wrote:

Employment situation? Have you been accepted for employment? I have an interview on Thursday and seems like I will need to tell them that I cannot even go for that interview unless there is a miracle that I receive even an acknowledgment until wednesday. 😂
Have you thought about sending them an email or a letter? I got my temporary stamp 4 and it seems like they gave the green light for it on 03/09/2020, but only wrote the permission letter on 14/09/2020. I sent them a hard copy of my application on 10/09/2020 and included a letter explaning I was employed, attached my contract and asked them to please consider issuing me the permission. So I think maybe that letter helped speed up the process.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:22 am

ariadnelogy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm
RizzaS wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 pm
ariadnelogy wrote:
RizzaS wrote:

Have you thought about sending them an email or a letter? I got my temporary stamp 4 and it seems like they gave the green light for it on 03/09/2020, but only wrote the permission letter on 14/09/2020. I sent them a hard copy of my application on 10/09/2020 and included a letter explaning I was employed, attached my contract and asked them to please consider issuing me the permission. So I think maybe that letter helped speed up the process.

That's great news! Congratulations. I emailed them asking if they received my application and about the confusion of sending it through standard post. Someone replied asking for information like name, date of birth and nationality. No reply since then, I have 6 weeks of entry permission left so if I don't get acknowledgement by next week, I guess I need to send the email application, just to make sure that I have an active application. 😑

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm

RizzaS wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi everyone. Just sent my application recently. Parent of a minor British citizen here.

Date of Application: 09/09/2020
Date of Acknowledgement letter sent: 05/10/2020 request of 12 income statement and 12 months bank statements

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi
Just wanted an advise

I applied for the EU treaty Stamp 4 and was given and acknowledgement letter my application final decision is 27 nov.

Are the applications getting delayed for the final decision. I had entered on the C visa. How does the EU treaty give the final stamp. Do we have to send the passport through post or do they ask to go personally at INIS office.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:24 pm

smamor wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:46 pm
Hi
Just wanted an advise

I applied for the EU treaty Stamp 4 and was given and acknowledgement letter my application final decision is 27 nov.

Are the applications getting delayed for the final decision. I had entered on the C visa. How does the EU treaty give the final stamp. Do we have to send the passport through post or do they ask to go personally at INIS office.
Your visa (I presume it's a Type C Join Family visa) is irrelevant. Once you enter Ireland, your visa is no longer valid.

You will be informed of your decision by letter. The letter will tell you what you need to do. If your application is successful, it will tell you to bring your approval letter, your passport, and maybe your EU sponsor and his/her passport to the GNIB office or your local Garda station, depending on where you live, to finish the registration.

If you haven't received a response by then, send them an email and ask for an update.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:24 pm
smamor wrote:
Hi
Just wanted an advise

Your visa (I presume it's a Type C Join Family visa) is irrelevant. Once you enter Ireland, your visa is no longer valid.

You will be informed of your decision by letter. The letter will tell you what you need to do. If your application is successful, it will tell you to bring your approval letter, your passport, and maybe your EU sponsor and his/her passport to the GNIB office or your local Garda station, depending on where you live, to finish the registration.

If you haven't received a response by then, send them an email and ask for an update.

I had an appointment today with the INIS to stamp my temporary stamp 4 for which I had received a letter from the EU treaty.
When i went there the officer mentioned that since I came in on an C visa they cannot stamp me the stamp 4. They mentioned that I should have a D visa to be registered under Stamp4.

I am still waiting for the final decision from the EU treaty. The final date for the decision is 26 nov. What should I do. Should I just wait for the EU treaty department to make the final decision or send them an email regarding the appointment that didn’t go successfully.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:53 pm

smamor wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 pm
littlerr wrote:
smamor wrote:
Hi
Just wanted an advise

I had an appointment today with the INIS to stamp my temporary stamp 4 for which I had received a letter from the EU treaty.
When i went there the officer mentioned that since I came in on an C visa they cannot stamp me the stamp 4. They mentioned that I should have a D visa to be registered under Stamp4.

I am still waiting for the final decision from the EU treaty. The final date for the decision is 26 nov. What should I do. Should I just wait for the EU treaty department to make the final decision or send them an email regarding the appointment that didn’t go successfully.

Hmmm, when I applied, the only option was a C-Visa. When did you arrive here? If that's how it is then I am in big trouble.
😒😒

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:59 pm

RizzaS wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:53 pm
smamor wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 pm
littlerr wrote:
smamor wrote:
Hi
Just wanted an advise

Hmmm, when I applied, the only option was a C-Visa. When did you arrive here? If that's how it is then I am in big trouble.
😒😒

I arrived in Feb 2020.
Submitted my application to Eu treaty : 27feb2020
Received acknowledgment letter : 06 may2020 with final decision date before 27nov2020
Stamp4 : not yet stamped
Final decision : still waiting
final

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Can you clarify whether you came to Ireland on a Type C visit visa or an EU Type C Join Family visa?

If you have a visit visa, the officer might be correct not to give you a temporary permission, citing genuine concerns. If you are here on a Join Family visa, there is no reason that the officer does not give you this permission.

If you have a Join Family visa, you should definitely ask to talk to a supervisor. EU treaty family members cannot get Type D visas, so it is bullocks if the officer said you should get a Type D visa.

You should also send an email to the EU Treaty department citing the concerns above that the officer did not know his/her job and has wrongfully rejected your permission.

Are you based in Dublin or not? My feeling is that quite a few officers outside of Dublin don't have a clue and simply do what they want to do.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:32 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 pm
Can you clarify whether you came to Ireland on a Type C visit visa or an EU Type C Join Family visa?

If you have a visit visa, the officer might be correct not to give you a temporary permission, citing genuine concerns. If you are here on a Join Family visa, there is no reason that the officer does not give you this permission.

If you have a Join Family visa, you should definitely ask to talk to a supervisor. EU treaty family members cannot get Type D visas, so it is bullocks if the officer said you should get a Type D visa.

You should also send an email to the EU Treaty department citing the concerns above that the officer did not know his/her job and has wrongfully rejected your permission.

Are you based in Dublin or not? My feeling is that quite a few officers outside of Dublin don't have a clue and simply do what they want to do.
Shall I be concerned in my situation? Mine was C Visa EUTR (Other) A bit worried as I am with my minor daughter so I need to be able to work soon. Otherwise we might need to leave if I need to wait that long... 😭

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:07 am

RizzaS wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:32 pm
littlerr wrote:

Shall I be concerned in my situation? Mine was C Visa EUTR (Other) A bit worried as I am with my minor daughter so I need to be able to work soon. Otherwise we might need to leave if I need to wait that long... 😭
You dont have to be worried. Type C visa (EUTR) is the correct one to entry. I also came with that type of visa and got the temporary permission already. The final decision should be expected to come really really late especially during this pandemic.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:15 am

littlerr wrote:

I just checked my visa and it’s Visit C visa type tourist. Is it a worry as I already received an acknowledgement Letter from the EU treaty.

If the approval comes will the GNIB stamp the stamp4 for me. And does the passport need to be sent to the EU treaty rights office or do I have to go to the GNIB to stamp the final approval.

I am a bit worried that I may have to leave the country as I have my daughter who is also EU and schooling here, and with the panademic I really feel that going out to change the visa will take a long time.

RizzaS
Philippines

Post by RizzaS » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:56 am

Anhmai wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:07 am
RizzaS wrote:
littlerr wrote:

You dont have to be worried. Type C visa (EUTR) is the correct one to entry. I also came with that type of visa and got the temporary permission already. The final decision should be expected to come really really late especially during this pandemic.
That's great. How long did it take for you temporary permission?

She just clarified that her visa is a tourist visa so completely in a different situation.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:08 pm

littlerr wrote:

I was under the impression that if I can apply for EUTR even if I am on a C visa. And the only reason that I ticked on the tourist category as my EU spouse was not traveling with me. I have received the letter of a temporary Stamp4, so will the Immigration deny me the stamp on my passport.

And also wanted to know if I can work with the temp letter that I have received.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:29 pm

You cannot work until you are registered.
the only reason that I ticked on the tourist category as my EU spouse was not traveling with me.
That is not a valid argument in any sense. There is no requirement whatsoever to for the EU Spouse needs to travel with you. The vast majority wouldn’t, as their spouses would have already been in the state.

You can, in theory, come on a visit visa and then apply for EUTR. However, you would need to clearly explain the situation at the border, so that the border officer can register you in their system in the correct category.

If you told the border officer that you came to Ireland for tourism, then you were clearly intentionally misleading the officer. You also intentionally cheated to the visa officer when you applied for your visa, and you lied to the border officer when you arrived in Ireland. Therefore I can see why the local registration officer did not want to register you.

The officer can (and will) raise a question to the EUTR department asking the legitimacy of your permission in the state. Be prepared to answer the difficult questions.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:29 pm
You cannot work until you are registered.
the only reason that I ticked on the tourist category as my EU spouse was not traveling with me.
That is not a valid argument in any sense. There is no requirement whatsoever to for the EU Spouse needs to travel with you. The vast majority wouldn’t, as their spouses would have already been in the state.

You can, in theory, come on a visit visa and then apply for EUTR. However, you would need to clearly explain the situation at the border, so that the border officer can register you in their system in the correct category.

If you told the border officer that you came to Ireland for tourism, then you were clearly intentionally misleading the officer. You also intentionally cheated to the visa officer when you applied for your visa, and you lied to the border officer when you arrived in Ireland. Therefore I can see why the local registration officer did not want to register you.

The officer can (and will) raise a question to the EUTR department asking the legitimacy of your permission in the state. Be prepared to answer the difficult questions.
Thanks a lot of your reply and really appreciate, I was asked at the border and I advised the officer that my Eu spouse is working here and I would be looking at residing, and the officer also mentioned the me that yes you can excercise your rights.
I have my minor daughter studying here so really daunt the option of having to go out of the country to change the visa and with the current COVID situation I am really reluctant to travel.

So just wanted some kind of advise if I can speak to the officer explaining them my situation and has anyone had got a Stamp4 done while on the C visa tourist.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:01 pm

If you have told the office at the border, and they allowed you in on the basis of joining your EU spouse, then you should be able to register. You should talk to the officer explaining your situation.

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:11 pm

RizzaS wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:56 am
Anhmai wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:07 am
RizzaS wrote:
littlerr wrote:

That's great. How long did it take for you temporary permission?

She just clarified that her visa is a tourist visa so completely in a different situation.
I just got the approval of my application today. Below is the timeline for anyone who concerns.

- I applied EU1 form and the office received - 11 Oct 2019
- First letter from INIS to grant temporary stamp 4 and request some docs - 2 Dec 2019. In this letter, it is stated that the decision is due by 10/4/2020
- I got stamp 4 temporary residence card at the Registration office on 5 Feb 2020. Valid til 10 Jul 2020
- Pandemic: my temporary got automatically extended several times and it is due in 20 Jan 2021 following the notice on INIS website
- 15 Sept Euro treaty rights called Hr of EU citizen company to confirm his employment
- 3 Oct 2020: The minister signed the letter to approve my application
- 9 Oct 2020: Letter was delivered to me.

maxiao888
Newly Registered
China

Post by maxiao888 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:17 pm

smamor wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:08 pm
I have received the letter of a temporary Stamp4
If you already have a letter granting you temporary stamp 4, the visa you came in on shouldn't matter? How can the immigration officer refuse you the temp stamp 4 if INIS has already decided to give you that?

Sweet-Tangerine
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Sweet-Tangerine » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 am

Date of application sent (email): 18/09/2020

Date of acknowledgement letter sent (email): - 18/09/2020

Date of application sent (hard copy) : 25/09/2020

Date of Stamp 4 approval letter received: 12/10/20

:D

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Is there an app to take an appointment for first time registration? I have been trying to take an appointment but no luck.